Author Topic: NCAA Transfer Rules changing?  (Read 6763 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #50 on: January 15, 2018, 03:02:01 pm
From what I understand there would a one-time immediate transfer, any following transfer would have to follow the sit to play rule.
Plus meeting a certain GPA as well.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 03:07:10 pm
From what I understand there would a one-time immediate transfer, any following transfer would have to follow the sit to play rule.
Plus meeting a certain GPA as well.
IMO, 2.7 or 2.8 is a little too low.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #52 on: January 15, 2018, 05:37:33 pm
This rule is going to change JUCO forever.

I feel like it’s gonna be real bad for schools like us.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #53 on: January 15, 2018, 06:39:43 pm
I think you could see rosters changing by half of some teams every year.  If grades are not a problem, we could lose Davis, White, and Gavin. 

How do you replace your top players every year

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #54 on: January 15, 2018, 07:08:24 pm
If you are a dumpster fire like us, expect to lose top players every year.  We’ve consistently lost players to transfer.  Davis should go play for UMD.
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 08:20:16 pm
Tweeted by Michelle Hosick, NCAA Associate Director of Public and Media Relations, in response to the numerous rumors circulating on Twitter.
We're still a ways off from a transfer proposal. We don't have academic benchmarks, effective dates or other details that must be decided before anybody votes.
3:01 PM · Jan 17, 2018
Twitter.com: @NCAAMichelle

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #56 on: January 17, 2018, 09:36:04 pm
Tweeted by Michelle Hosick, NCAA Associate Director of Public and Media Relations, in response to the numerous rumors circulating on Twitter.
We're still a ways off from a transfer proposal. We don't have academic benchmarks, effective dates or other details that must be decided before anybody votes.
3:01 PM · Jan 17, 2018
Twitter.com: @NCAAMichelle

Adam Zagoria provides more on the topic.

Zagsblog.com: NCAA a 'ways off from transfer proposal’ for college basketball

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 04:52:48 pm
Mitch Sherman of ESPN with latest.

ESPN.com: More transfer talk at the NCAA convention

Run49er

• Chancellor

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 06:09:30 pm
Like many things in collegiate athletics, a charismatic coach, regardless of level, is going to benefit tremendously from this rule.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #60 on: January 24, 2018, 08:30:40 am
Hope the changes they are talking about eventually lead to EA making NCAA Football again, pay each player a set amount of money to use their image like old game, every player gets same amount, or just make random players, either way I want that damn game back.

To get to the transfer rules, I agree with it. I don't think players should be sitting out a year if they are in good academic standing and choose to transfer. However, I think they should only get one free pass, after that if you want to transfer again then you sit out a year. I also want the coaches ability to block a transfer to certain schools taken away, let them go wherever they want. If coaches can leave to go wherever they want the players should be too.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #61 on: January 24, 2018, 09:33:01 am
Hope the changes they are talking about eventually lead to EA making NCAA Football again, pay each player a set amount of money to use their image like old game, every player gets same amount, or just make random players, either way I want that damn game back.

To get to the transfer rules, I agree with it. I don't think players should be sitting out a year if they are in good academic standing and choose to transfer. However, I think they should only get one free pass, after that if you want to transfer again then you sit out a year. I also want the coaches ability to block a transfer to certain schools taken away, let them go wherever they want. If coaches can leave to go wherever they want the players should be too.
I think you should be able to block schools if there is tampering involved, otherwise just let kids go where they want.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #62 on: January 24, 2018, 09:36:14 am

I think you should be able to block schools if there is tampering involved, otherwise just let kids go where they want.
Then you must go before a panel and have actual proof. Not just a hunch there is tampering. I just do not like coaches doing that when they can leave and go wherever with no penalty.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 10:03:27 am

Then you must go before a panel and have actual proof. Not just a hunch there is tampering. I just do not like coaches doing that when they can leave and go wherever with no penalty.
Agreed.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 09:32:58 pm
Ohio State's Chris Holtmann and Xavier's Chris Mack chime in.

Zagsblog.com: Ohio State's Chris Holtmann says change in NCAA transfer rule seems inevitable

Run49er

• Chancellor

Run49er

• Chancellor

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #67 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:48 pm
Pat Forde reacts to the Big 12 proposal.

Yahoo.com: Why NCAA must back revolutionary athlete transfer proposal

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #68 on: February 01, 2018, 02:41:54 am
Pat Forde reacts to the Big 12 proposal.

Yahoo.com: Why NCAA must back revolutionary athlete transfer proposal
Sensible and worth a read.

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #69 on: February 01, 2018, 04:04:41 pm
We could be left with a roster full of walk ons..........

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #70 on: February 13, 2018, 04:36:47 pm
The working group is not considering — and never entertained — a model that would allow all student-athletes to transfer and compete immediately.
NCAA.org: DI transfer group requests feedback on rule concepts
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:46:44 pm by Run49er »

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos