Author Topic: WKU Postgame  (Read 3682 times)

Colorado49er

• Freshman
on: January 13, 2018, 10:29:54 pm
I missed the game tonight but the box score is very telling.  2-15 from three point land, only five assists and ZERO bench points.  Definitely not a recipe for winning.

Starting to wonder if we will even make the conference tournament.  Wins with this group will be difficult to come by.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:49:20 pm
cltdog just pooped.

ghostofclt

• Junior

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:57:23 am
I remember when post game threads were 20 pages long......is it June 30th yet? ::)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 11:59:44 am
We lost, but I think we all expected to.  WKU is #1 in the conference and if we aren't #14 then we are close.

For those only looking at the box score I would suggest that it doesn't tell the story.  I was really surprised when Price was let go, but Fancher is showing me that we had the wrong guy leading this team.  Oh, don't expect any miracles.  It is mid-season, with all the same parts, but he is improving the team.  Last night we played better defense, and I especially liked to see some full court pressure and mixing it up with some zone.  We apparently do not posses a lock-down defender that we can put on the other team's best scorer, but we are doing better with what we have.  There seems to be a game plan, and we seem to be attempting to execute it.  I am not seeing our players bitching at each other like they have in the past.  Small things, but they represent a change.

Offensively, we look like an intramural team.  We have a couple of guys that can light it up, and everyone else stands around and watches them.  I don't think this can be fixed this year.  Haslem is giving us what we need from him.  Garvin is producing decent numbers.  I think he has the potential for more, but he shows up every night and contributes.  Andrien did not score last night in the first 25 minutes of the game, then in the last 15 he had 18 points.  I can't complain about 18 points and 6 rebounds, but it sure would be nice if he were more steady and dependable.  McGill, Supica and Murphy are freshmen, so maybe we are asking too much of them, but they are getting minutes and we need them to contribute something. 2 or 4 points each and this game would have been a dogfight to the buzzer--against the #1 team in the conference, and one that hung 112 points on Marshall last week.

Next week is probably our most important of the season.  We play the F_Us and could win both games.  That would put us 3-4 in conference and provide some confidence before we get into the tougher games.  Nobody sees us as a team that sweeps a week on the road, but if we pull it off I think the guys start having something to play for.
#unc-CHeatingPays

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 12:32:30 pm
We seemed to defend much better last night. That may be because WKU had an off game, however. They appeared to me to be just going through the motions for long stretches of the game, probably feeling there was no way to lose against us.
On to the FU road swing.

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 02:49:48 pm
Both teams just the ball at a horrible clip in the first half. I don't it was
all because of the defense. WKU played poorly shoot 29 percent in the first
half and lead by 8.

I'm not sure the defense is better since Fancher took over but the effort
on defense has improved greatly.

I nominate Ajukwa as the worst defender in the conference.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 03:42:23 pm
I enjoyed the Hudson Price posters they were giving away...

This game was closer than I expected, but not sure how much of that was them or us. We do need to at least get one next week if we want make the CUSA tournament.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 09:39:56 am
Saturday was my first time in Halton since the scoreboard upgrade.  They look nice.

Image result for forrest gump that's all i got to say about that

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 10:02:15 am

This game was closer than I expected, but not sure how much of that was them or us. We do need to at least get one next week if we want make the CUSA tournament.
wait what...

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 07:40:19 pm
I nominate Ajukwa as the worst defender in the conference.

I really feel like he is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen wear Niner green since I started watching in 1990.
Mahna Mahna

ninermac

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • http://www.ninernation.net
Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 08:47:40 pm

wait what...
Yeah there were Hudson Price posters at the giveaway table.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 09:37:35 pm

wait what...

Don't worry. A student will be wearing his jersey next year during the FT shootout

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 09:45:19 pm

wait what...

Don't worry. A student will be wearing his jersey next year during the FT shootout
Well, Hudson graduated from UNC Charlotte.  He was a top student, one of our best scorers and rebounders this year, and loyal to his dad.  I am good with all of that.
#unc-CHeatingPays

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 10:06:05 pm
any word on what Hudson is doing?
heard he was looking to tran and play second half of season, he did get a relase didnt he?

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 10:09:39 pm
any word on what Hudson is doing?
heard he was looking to tran and play second half of season, he did get a relase didnt he?
Not a clue.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 07:42:32 am

wait what...

Well, Hudson graduated from UNC Charlotte.  He was a top student, one of our best scorers and rebounders this year, and loyal to his dad.  I am good with all of that.

So a player transfering caused by the firing of head coach who is players father keeps your jersey in the ever important student FT contest? Hmmm idk. A transfer is a transfer. Put a Kyle Church jersey out there.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 08:32:46 am
I have nothing against Hudson, but the Mark Price situation is another one that was completely bungled by Judy Rose. Having a poster of him shines the spotlight back on our incompetence, and having a poster of a player that transferred due to our disaster of an AD weeks after the decision was made to fire his father is the type of thing I hope disappears forever from our program after June 30th.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 09:17:24 am
I have nothing against Hudson, but the Mark Price situation is another one that was completely bungled by Judy Rose. Having a poster of him shines the spotlight back on our incompetence, and having a poster of a player that transferred due to our disaster of an AD weeks after the decision was made to fire his father is the type of thing I hope disappears forever from our program after June 30th.

There are many types of things I hope disappear from our program after June 30.  We need an AD with a pair of balls willing to do what it takes to get the job done correctly.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 10:01:10 am
I think nothing of Hudson Price. He quite on his teammates because his dad got fired.
He quite on the assistant coaches that put time in coaching him.Iit wasn't only his dad that was
coaching him. He comes off looking bad in my book. He would rather not play if he
can't play for his dad. I guess that is the only reason Mark Price took  this job. Its not
like he really wanted it. Judy talked him into it. It is pretty obvious Price best coaching job
came in his first year, when his son was sitting out. They played hard every night out.
Since Hudson came eligible the team went down hill. is that a coincidence? I think not.

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 10:17:58 am
I understand Hudson transferring
I believe Uchebo had something to do with first year

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 10:30:49 am
I understand Hudson transferring
I believe Uchebo had something to do with first year

I would have done the same as Hudson, and I think Uchebo had more to do with that first year than anyone else.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 11:01:04 am
I think nothing of Hudson Price. He quite on his teammates because his dad got fired.
He quite on the assistant coaches that put time in coaching him.Iit wasn't only his dad that was
coaching him. He comes off looking bad in my book. He would rather not play if he
can't play for his dad. I guess that is the only reason Mark Price took  this job. Its not
like he really wanted it. Judy talked him into it. It is pretty obvious Price best coaching job
came in his first year, when his son was sitting out. They played hard every night out.
Since Hudson came eligible the team went down hill. is that a coincidence? I think not.

Blood is thicker than water. Mark Price got a raw deal here so he left.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 11:54:08 am
clt never cared for Hudson price.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 02:31:49 pm
You seriously can't be coming down on a kid that quit b/c his dad got canned mid-season.  That's ridiculous
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos