Author Topic: FAU Postgame  (Read 2507 times)

49erCC

• Sophomore
on: January 18, 2018, 08:56:25 pm
Okay, who comes back next year

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 09:10:59 pm
I'm in FLA.  State of emergency here from cold.  The real state of emergency is uncc sports.  Bartender!

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:20:46 pm

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 09:22:50 pm
Well we had a lot of excuses Andrien, young players, too many turnovers...
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:46 pm
Fancher should take boys to da club.  I95 has some establishments supposedly

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 09:35:29 pm
Now 4-12 record.
301 RPI

16 games in - we have to be worst team in UNC Charlotte history. 

Kudos admin.  Took real effort to get here. 

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:12 pm
Never in my wildest and worst nightmares did I imagine that we'd be this bad.

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:46 pm
Now 4-12 record.
301 RPI

Between 84/85 team and this team I am really not sure.  84/85 had a freshman that was a good low post scorer that could also shoot from outside and a senior that lead the SunBelt Conf leading rebounding.        This years team has an experienced PG that can also shoot and drive but is weak on D, and a shooter that plays OK D.  Both team counted a win against a non D1 Methodist.   The 84/85 team lost a home game to a very good Mark Price lead Ga Tech team by 8.   All in all I believe this years team would win a squeaker.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 10:42:51 pm
clt says there is no need for this chat page

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 10:46:36 pm
clt says there is no need for this chat page
Okay which team did I enjoy watching the most,  easy, the 84/85 team

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 11:14:03 pm
Now 4-12 record.
301 RPI

Between 84/85 team and this team I am really not sure.  84/85 had a freshman that was a good low post scorer that could also shoot from outside and a senior that lead the SunBelt Conf leading rebounding.        This years team has an experienced PG that can also shoot and drive but is weak on D, and a shooter that plays OK D.  Both team counted a win against a non D1 Methodist.   The 84/85 team lost a home game to a very good Mark Price lead Ga Tech team by 8.   All in all I believe this years team would win a squeaker.

Insane.  I'm 44.  Everything I love in my life keeps escalating at humbling level because standards are set.  Uncc....? Nope we are back to when I was at Matthews elem 1984.  That was solar eclipse ago.   :(

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 07:07:29 am
“We’re trending in the wrong direction,” 49ers athletics director Judy Rose told the Observer. “Our record shouldn’t be our record against the competition we’re playing. But where we are in our season, we can get back on track.”

There was no reason to fire Price when we did and cost ourselves the money and embarrassment.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 07:10:11 am
“We’re trending in the wrong direction,” 49ers athletics director Judy Rose told the Observer. “Our record shouldn’t be our record against the competition we’re playing. But where we are in our season, we can get back on track.”

There was no reason to fire Price when we did and cost ourselves the money and embarrassment.

This. It was her death rattle.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 08:14:10 am

I'm stoked she fired Price.  It was the key desperate act by her that rocked her world and ended her. 

ninerID

• Athletic Director
Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 08:22:40 am

I'm stoked she fired Price.  It was the key desperate act by her that rocked her world and ended her.
The list of horrible decisions and inaction is very long.  Retaining Brad Lambert after 1-11 season and firing price in December were probably 1 and 2 on which ones were the dumbest.  They got her fired, so i'm okay with it.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 08:24:50 am
clt says our servant leader is not the problem.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 08:29:59 am
http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

The Citadel is now higher than us. 

It's literally the hardest sell to recruits in the ncaa.  They are better than us. 

Our recruiting is a shitshow
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:31:38 am by metro »

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 08:47:07 am

The list of horrible decisions and inaction is very long.  Retaining Brad Lambert after 1-11 season and firing price in December were probably 1 and 2 on which ones were the dumbest.  They got her fired, so i'm okay with it.

For the record, I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about the propriety of keeping Price and certainly not wishing he was still our coach.  I was just making the point that Judy was not planning on retiring...she was in desperation mode and thought that the last gasp of firing Price would somehow buy her more time.  I figured Price would either be fired or step down at the end of this year, regardless.  But her firing him was one highlight of the comedy of errors that led to her demise, so I would agree with the above posts.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 09:28:22 am
http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

The Citadel is now higher than us. 

It's literally the hardest sell to recruits in the ncaa.  They are better than us. 

Our recruiting is a shitshow

And the Bulldogs are coached by a 49er Alum.
#unc-CHeatingPays

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 09:39:36 am
Does every team make the CUSA tournament?

N1NER

• Junior
Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 09:40:03 am
No way Fancher is retained after season, is he? God I hope not.  We need a complete reboot of this program.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 10:03:50 am
Does every team make the CUSA tournament?
No

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 10:17:13 am
Not only does everyone on the entire staff need to be let go at year end, we need to burn all uniforms and practice gear.. start from scratch

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 10:24:12 am
Does it speak bad of me if I finding myself not caring that we lost. Again?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 10:37:20 am
Does it speak bad of me if I finding myself not caring that we lost. Again?

I was discussing this last night with NLP.  I want to get back to where I not only expected to win and but that I get mad when we lose.  I don't even get mad now.  I just don't care.  If our most dedicated and emotional fans start not caring that is a profound sign on where we are as a program and a fanbase. 
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos