Author Topic: FAU Postgame  (Read 2508 times)

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 10:42:29 am
clt reminds you to PULL OVER FOR POLICE OFFICERS WHEN IN FLORIDA.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 11:43:52 am
clt reminds you to PULL OVER FOR POLICE OFFICERS WHEN IN FLORIDA.

Speaking from experience clt?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 11:58:04 am
Does it speak bad of me if I finding myself not caring that we lost. Again?

I was discussing this last night with NLP.  I want to get back to where I not only expected to win and but that I get mad when we lose.  I don't even get mad now.  I just don't care.  If our most dedicated and emotional fans start not caring that is a profound sign on where we are as a program and a fanbase.

These days I don't even keep up with the schedule.  I too want to get back to the days were a loss would pretty much ruin my day.  Hopefully a new AD will right this ship.  Time will tell. 

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 10:21:52 pm

I was discussing this last night with NLP.  I want to get back to where I not only expected to win and but that I get mad when we lose.  I don't even get mad now.  I just don't care.  If our most dedicated and emotional fans start not caring that is a profound sign on where we are as a program and a fanbase.
.   Don't understand this. The losses still make me mad.....every one. This is still my team, my school and both of my kids school.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 10:29:24 pm

.   Don't understand this. The losses still make me mad.....every one. This is still my team, my school and both of my kids school.

Back when we were good I expected us to win every game.  I thought we could win no matter who we played and losing made me mad.  The difference is I go into games now expecting to lose but hoping to win.  A loss is just my expectation coming true.  Because I expected to lose I am disappointed and sad but  not angry.  My anger is directed at our AD for allowing us to get to this point. 

Just acceptance of how bad our program currently is. 
Mahna Mahna

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 10:30:53 pm
I use to be mad that I couldn't watch the game on tv or espn3, now I feel almost grateful that it allows me to spend those 2 hrs doing something else. I still check the score several times though but my sense of caring decreases by the year.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 08:53:10 am
clt likes to have our games on as background noise.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 01:07:52 pm

Back when we were good I expected us to win every game.  I thought we could win no matter who we played and losing made me mad.  The difference is I go into games now expecting to lose but hoping to win.  A loss is just my expectation coming true.  Because I expected to lose I am disappointed and sad but  not angry.  My anger is directed at our AD for allowing us to get to this point. 

.  Your post said "I just don't care". That is what I was mostly referring to.........I will NEVER stop caring and obviously you won't either, or you'd be gone by now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:10:50 pm by 919R »

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 01:41:48 pm
I really hate that itís gotten this bad, but when it does come back, and we are back to winning, and all these people come back out of the woodwork, Iím gonna have a special respect for you guys that are still here. It sucks that itís gotten to the point where we literally all know each other, but nobody cares more than the people that still show up.

Edit: not that I blame anyone for walking away. At this point, walking away was absolutely the logical thing to do, and I will be thrilled to have people back, and new people that care. Iím just glad thereís people out there that put logic aside. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:44:23 pm by ImfromClayton »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 01:56:33 pm

.  Your post said "I just don't care". That is what I was mostly referring to.........I will NEVER stop caring and obviously you won't either, or you'd be gone by now.

I think we all care. Some just care more than others.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 02:26:00 pm

Yeah certainly I care about My Niners or I would gone.  What I was referring to was about caring or getting mad about an individual loss.  It isn't like a loss tonight ruins our season.  I'm not going to let it put me in a bad mood.  I'll just shrug my shoulders and go on with my evening.  My anger is directed at a higher level because we deserve better than what we have been given.  As soon as the team is righted itself and shows that it's worthy of winning night in and night out, thats when I'll get mad again about losing individual games. 
Mahna Mahna

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 03:48:04 pm

Yeah certainly I care about My Niners or I would gone.  What I was referring to was about caring or getting mad about an individual loss.  It isn't like a loss tonight ruins our season.  I'm not going to let it put me in a bad mood.  I'll just shrug my shoulders and go on with my evening.  My anger is directed at a higher level because we deserve better than what we have been given.  As soon as the team is righted itself and shows that it's worthy of winning night in and night out, thats when I'll get mad again about losing individual games.
In the old days a loss mattered.  It affected our seeding in the conference tournament.  It determined whether we got an at-large bid to the Big Dance.  It caused pain with our rivals.  Right now a loss barely matters.
#unc-CHeatingPays

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 07:43:52 pm

I think it shows in the way this team is playing.  Looks like they've quit.

In the old days a loss mattered.  It affected our seeding in the conference tournament.  It determined whether we got an at-large bid to the Big Dance.  It caused pain with our rivals.  Right now a loss barely matters.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos