Author Topic: 2018 Schedule  (Read 2835 times)

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 12:53:02 pm
Solid schedule.  I like what we have lined up.  Part of making this program successful is getting games people care about so kudos to the staff for doing that.

Now the issue I have, besides that we are terrible, is thenthree straight homes games to open the season.  That is just brutal. For fans to give up three straight Saturday's and fornthose coming from out of town, that is really tough.
It isn't brutal if the product we put out on the field is good, sadly the product we are going to put out there will be hot garbage.
I can see us beating Fordham which will hopefully keep students energized going into the App game, I'm just afraid App will totally embarrass us and pack our stadium with its fans like Marshall did the first time we played them.

Not sure what your definition of "packing our stadium" is.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 01:46:37 pm
Solid schedule.  I like what we have lined up.  Part of making this program successful is getting games people care about so kudos to the staff for doing that.

Now the issue I have, besides that we are terrible, is thenthree straight homes games to open the season.  That is just brutal. For fans to give up three straight Saturday's and fornthose coming from out of town, that is really tough.
It isn't brutal if the product we put out on the field is good, sadly the product we are going to put out there will be hot garbage.
I can see us beating Fordham which will hopefully keep students energized going into the App game, I'm just afraid App will totally embarrass us and pack our stadium with its fans like Marshall did the first time we played them.

Not sure what your definition of "packing our stadium" is.
yeah they had a big crowd, but that game didn't even sell out

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 01:55:11 pm

Do you suppose Jarvis Lang might make an appearance in a parking lot near Neyland Stadium this year?????

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 02:16:48 pm
There aren't any gimmies based on how we played last year.  Fordham was only 21 spots behind us in the Sagarin Ratings last season, and they were 4-7   :-[ .  They have a new coach, so maybe we'll catch them learning the new system in the first game.  Of course, we'll be learning a new system too.  ??? 

I have no expectations for 2018 though, only some divine hope that we're somehow 10 points better on both sides of the ball.  At least then we'll have a chance to win most games.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 02:42:34 pm
There aren't any gimmies based on how we played last year.  Fordham was only 21 spots behind us in the Sagarin Ratings last season, and they were 4-7   :-[ .  They have a new coach, so maybe we'll catch them learning the new system in the first game.  Of course, we'll be learning a new system too.  ??? 

I have no expectations for 2018 though, only some divine hope that we're somehow 10 points better on both sides of the ball.  At least then we'll have a chance to win most games.
Lambert cannot coach.  His IQ is 85 tops.  And he hires similar people.  Root for 0-12 so we can actually control alt delete the entire structure. 4-8 gets him an extension because his deal is over, And that's rat poison going forward.  There is 0.0% chance he can do an FAU rise.  He can only beat D3 or low FCS teams. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:46:03 pm by metro »

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 04:05:01 pm

Lambert cannot coach.  His IQ is 85 tops.  And he hires similar people.  Root for 0-12 so we can actually control alt delete the entire structure. 4-8 gets him an extension because his deal is over, And that's rat poison going forward.  There is 0.0% chance he can do an FAU rise.  He can only beat D3 or low FCS teams.
Judy is gone. If new ad gives an extension to a coach for a losing record,  we are fucked.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 04:07:04 pm

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:31 pm
Billy Connelly of SB Nation has begun his preview of all 130 FBS teams. Will post those profiling Niner opponents as they become available.

Game #2 - Sept 8th - Appalachian State

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #33 on: February 22, 2018, 07:19:06 am

I donít have much faith in a turn around, but Iím willing to just see how things start out.  Iím looking at this season as a win/win.  Either we win enough games to bowl, which the program desperately needs OR we dont and he gets canned, which will be desperately needed. 

Like many here Iíve spent 5 years in my seats, Iíve missed 1 game.   I have seen a few ups but mostly downs.  No offense Tim, but you havenít been there.  You havenít been a part of the foundation of this program.  You arenít an FSL holder.  I understand why you arenít, but I am not capable of rooting for 0-12 before the season even starts.  Not with the time and money invested. 

Every season represents a new opportunity.  We come out with a different attitude and fire and win and Iíll chalk up Lambertís mistakes to Judy and lack of accountability.  Iíd much rather a new coach takeover a team coming off a few wins than another 0 or 1 win season. 

So like I said win/win.  I expect the worst hope for the best. 
Mahna Mahna

upperdeck

• Sophomore
Reply #34 on: February 22, 2018, 08:12:27 am
Pretty simple for me...If Klugh comes trotting out on the field for any other offence but a triple option, my hope is gone instantly.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #35 on: February 22, 2018, 09:43:14 am
I really think Lambert needs 6 and a bowl bid to save his job

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #36 on: February 22, 2018, 11:10:03 am

I donít have much faith in a turn around, but Iím willing to just see how things start out.  Iím looking at this season as a win/win.  Either we win enough games to bowl, which the program desperately needs OR we dont and he gets canned, which will be desperately needed. 

Like many here Iíve spent 5 years in my seats, Iíve missed 1 game.   I have seen a few ups but mostly downs.  No offense Tim, but you havenít been there.  You havenít been a part of the foundation of this program.  You arenít an FSL holder.  I understand why you arenít, but I am not capable of rooting for 0-12 before the season even starts.  Not with the time and money invested. 

Every season represents a new opportunity.  We come out with a different attitude and fire and win and Iíll chalk up Lambertís mistakes to Judy and lack of accountability.  Iíd much rather a new coach takeover a team coming off a few wins than another 0 or 1 win season. 

Kiss my ass Dibble.  You attn seeking prick.  A kilt and ambulance doesnt make you king of any foundation.  Obviously you've been targeted to help Lambert and  you like the feels of that outreach.  Did you copy and paste all that from #family
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:32:57 am by metro »

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #37 on: February 22, 2018, 11:18:17 am
We wonít beat Middle, USM, Tennessee, or FAU.
We will most likely not beat Marshall, FIU or UAB.
We can compete with App (they might be better than us, but they arenít that good), ODU, Umass, and WKU.
We will kill Fordham. 
I canít see us going much better than 2-10 without some stuff going right.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

mojoniner

• Freshman
Reply #38 on: February 22, 2018, 11:30:02 am
We can compete with App (they might be better than us, but they arenít that good), ODU, Umass, and WKU.
We will kill Fordham. 

You really think we will compete with App?

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #39 on: February 22, 2018, 11:38:38 am
Iím interested in seeing how the teamís playing style changes with the addition of the new assistant coaches. The 2018 team will be more talented than the 2017 but not as talented in certain skill positions as the 2016 team. CUSA football has improved since 2016 and we really havenít. 2-10 would be my prediction.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 11:50:00 am
Our hires at OC and DC seem legit.  Problem is we have to compete in FBS with 60 or more kids who barely had any other offers from FBS teams.

Recruiting is the end all in college football and we've stacked up years of low physical talent.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 12:06:54 pm

Kiss my ass Dibble.  You attn seeking prick.  A kilt and ambulance doesnt make you king of any foundation.  Obviously you've been targeted to help Lambert and  you like the feels of that outreach.  Did you copy and paste all that from #family

LOL classic Metro.  If you think I have anyoneís back in the AD then it shows how disconnected you are.  Iím just a bit more nuanced in my approach to life.
Mahna Mahna

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 12:27:52 pm

LOL classic Metro.  If you think I have anyoneís back in the AD then it shows how disconnected you are.  Iím just a bit more nuanced in my approach to life.
Nuanced?  That's hilarious

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #43 on: February 22, 2018, 12:35:34 pm
Still an asshat

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 01:39:28 pm
We will kill Fordham. 

You really think we will compete with App?

Maybe not, but I donít think they do much more than 5-7 against our schedule.  Theyíre not as good as weíve built them up.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #45 on: February 22, 2018, 02:00:19 pm

Nuanced?  That's hilarious

Life is not binary.  Itís not always either or. Itís not black and white.  Believe it or not there are shades of grey.  There is middle ground.  I know you donít aproach life that way, but I do.  I can drive for change while still hoping for the best.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Dilly Dilly
Mahna Mahna

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #46 on: February 22, 2018, 02:00:56 pm
clt says the unity of this chat page is waning. need to coalesce under the #droptheunc effort.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #47 on: February 22, 2018, 04:59:17 pm
clt says appy will be amped for this game, it is the biggest in their history.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #48 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15:02 pm
We will kill Fordham. 
I think App lost a good bit after this season, so I can see them taking a step back, but I still don't see us being very competitive unfortunately. We are very bad.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • When one door closes...open it again. It's a door!
Reply #49 on: February 22, 2018, 05:18:14 pm
We will kill Fordham. 
I think App lost a good bit after this season, so I can see them taking a step back, but I still don't see us being very competitive unfortunately. We are very bad.

Agreed.  We are all time NCAA bad.  They are a real program.  They will also be motivated to put a foot up our ass because we got a quicker D1 conference invite and we got the 1st Home game in the series.

I honestly see them trying to embarrass us...and I'm not sure we'll be able to do much to stop it.
Niner Nation wanted football...we got football
Niner Nation wanted Judy gone....Judy's gone
Niner Nation wanted the Tarhole sign gone from I85...the sign in gone

Name Change.......YOU'RE NEXT!!!!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos