Author Topic: clt asks which fanbase is the most annoying?  (Read 2072 times)

BusterC417

• Freshman
Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 10:02:09 am
Seems to me, we are, with all this talk about walmart fans. I hope the new AD can bring in so many damn Walmart fans you guys can't stand it hahaha.

But in all seriousness, we need casual fans. Every school does. Maybe one day they will turn into alums, but if not, who cares. Not everyone can go to college, and many don't want to. But if they want to be 49er fans, come on! We sound like the person that says prom sucks because they couldn't get a date.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 10:32:53 am
Seems to me, we are, with all this talk about walmart fans. I hope the new AD can bring in so many damn Walmart fans you guys can't stand it hahaha.

But in all seriousness, we need casual fans. Every school does. Maybe one day they will turn into alums, but if not, who cares. Not everyone can go to college, and many don't want to. But if they want to be 49er fans, come on! We sound like the person that says prom sucks because they couldn't get a date.

Bingo  (Although I maintain my right to mock and deride Walmart fans until we have our own.)
#unc-CHeatingPays

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #27 on: February 04, 2018, 10:53:29 am

For me the defining line between Walmart fans and nonalum fans are their connections and allegiance in all sports and the recognition that they didn't attend the school and therefore have to balance their s*** talk.

It drives me up the wall to hear someone who didn't go to college take shots at another schools academics.  In chapel hills case their Walmart fans don't get the cheating stuff because their diploma doesn't say chapel hill.  They can walk away in a way alums can't.

If you went to the school or your family went to the school that makes you a tier 1 fan in my eyes.  Talk mad s***.

If you live in the city or are employed by school be proud of the school, pull for the school and talk some smack but keep it focused on athletic achievement.  You are a tier 2 fan.

You have no connection to the school besides just liking to see them win, you didn't go to school there and you don't even follow them in all sports.  You are a tier 3 Walmart fan and screw you.

Mahna Mahna

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 10:59:53 am
I got zero ties to usc other than beating them a couple times and started a helluva brawl there.  But I LOVE gamecock football.  Follow it harder than Panthers and enjoy the scene there more than Panthers. Own gear, buy tickets, But I donít put down Clemson

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 02:52:54 pm
I got zero ties to usc other than beating them a couple times and started a helluva brawl there.  But I LOVE gamecock football.  Follow it harder than Panthers and enjoy the scene there more than Panthers. Own gear, buy tickets, But I donít put down Clemson

And I assume you will pull for the 49ers if we ever play them in football?  Correct?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 03:15:36 pm

And I assume you will pull for the 49ers if we ever play them in football?  Correct?
Ya.  I would see it as win win either way. 

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 08:09:38 pm
Probably us.  We act like we're still relevant.   :))   Not that it's a bad thing.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 08:19:22 pm

Good example. Iíve lived in Charleston for 14 years and follow C of C basketball closely, even buying season tix. Whatís nice is that pulling against them 1 game in a season when they play the 49ers is easy. Oh, and as a C of C fan, I still have fellow fans who despise Davidson (Where my gf went to school).

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos