Author Topic: MTSU Post Game  (Read 3372 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
on: February 03, 2018, 10:40:09 pm
Lost by 5, 78-73, but their last two points were after a desperation foul by us.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 10:50:58 pm
JD shot a desperation 30-footer that would have tied the game and missed everything.  The clock was at 8.9 seconds, but Davis thought it said 0.9.

Ajukwa had the best game tonight he has had in a long time.  Garvin played well inside and out.  Andrian White knocked heads at the end of the first half and sat out the rest of the game for the concussion protocol.  Our 2-3 zone is looking better each game.

There was a better crowd tonight because of ticket giveaways to schools, scouts, etc.  There is no excuse for not doing this all the time.

Coach Jeff Mullins looks like he has barely aged since he retired.  It was great to have him, the 1988 team, and all the basketball alums back in Halton.

The best part of the season so far--the Uh-huh Guy has abandoned us.  I guess our dwindling crowds prove that he is more of an attention whore than 49er fan.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:53:23 pm by Nugget »
#unc-CHeatingPays

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:04:20 pm
Guys fought hard all night, great effort.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 11:32:57 pm
We went toe to toe with the best team in CUSA. This may have been our best performance of the year. I really want to see these guys break through and get some Ws.

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 01:04:08 am
We went toe to toe with the best team in CUSA. This may have been our best performance of the year. I really want to see these guys break through and get some Ws.

After watching tonight, I think the Ws are going to come.  I think we win more than we lose the rest of the way.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:39:33 am
This game convinced me that Fancher should have been our head coach all along. Our players clearly are responding to him and buying in to what we are attempting to do. We looked like a team rather than a collection of individuals, which hasn't happened in a very long time.

Shame JD lost track of time at the end. He could have gotten close enough to have a chance on the three point shot or even drove for an "old fashioned" three point play.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:42:23 am by 4ever niner »

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 06:40:39 am
How the freaking hell do you confuse 8.9 and .9?   

Thatís pulling a Niner

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 07:04:20 am
Potts getting hurt sure helped us. Missing free throws killed us again.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 07:35:49 am
I donít  even know what to say anymore. Despite injuries our guys have really played with passion and fire the last couple games.

I really like Fancher. I think he was handed chicken crap.  And he hasnít exactly made chicken salad, but provided what he was handed heís done about as good as could possibly be expected. I think heís going to be a heck of a basketball coach. Our guys are playing solid offensive basketball all of a sudden, and we are at least giving effort at the other end of the court. My favorite thing to watch is our rebounding effort. It is night and day from Coach Priceís tenure. We just donít have the bodies to get the job done. I think every player on our roster has played better since the move was made.

With that said, I still think itís time to move on. I donít want Judy making the call on fanch, and I donít want to give a new coach an absurdly short offseason, but Iím tired of where we are being good enough.

I donít think thatís fancherís fault, but heís got to be a casualty of the situation. With that said, if they truly donít hire an AD until June 30, It could be a lot worse than Houston Fancher.

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 08:44:30 am
Itíd be great for Fancher to stay in some form
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

49ER9ER

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 09:44:33 am
 I'm sure the decision makers are well aware. We cannot wait until June 30 to hire an AD if we plan to hire a new BB coach following the AD hire.  That will make next year another "throw away." Decisions need to be made soon.

Last night was entertaining. We at least had a chance. Fancher is a fighter and the team is as well.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 10:02:50 am

On one side I agree, keeping him might help us keep some of the signees and prevent the roster from being decimated.  With that said new coach should be given free reign to pick staff.

The people in control of this process know they need to be moving with sense of urgency.  I think Phil put June date out there as a sign we won't be rushed into stupid decision.  I expect to have AD in place in next 4-6 weeks and hiring a basketball as job #1.  That means AD on job during the NCAA tourney and hiring new coach shortly before or after Final 4. 
Mahna Mahna

BusterC417

• Freshman
Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 10:04:55 am
Didn't get to catch the game, but I can't imagine we will change much. And now it looks like we are down more players, just don't see many more wins on our plate. Hope I am wrong, and like some of the optimism in this thread, but just don't see us getting better

BusterC417

• Freshman
Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 10:06:57 am

Super nice guy, love his fire and attitude, but it's hard for me to get behind this. He has had a chance on the staff. These bad players are ones he recruited and then coached. I wish we knew as outsiders how much difference of opinion him and Mark had as far as coaching the team.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 10:50:44 am
I am ambivalent about this. My gut says we need a clean slate, but I will admit that the team shows a lot of heart under Fancher and they have been playing better of late. The effort they put out last night down 3 rotation players was impressive.  Of course it broke down on the final shot, not sure what happened there.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 11:02:05 am
How hard is it to get up for the best team in your conference playing on your home court? Letís see how we get up for UTSA or FIU at home.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 01:43:12 pm
I like Francher and would not mind seeing him stay if he could get a proven recruiter to join the staff.

N1NER

• Junior
Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 01:52:33 pm
Bye bye Fancher.  If he's kept next year, no way I'm buying season tickets.  This whole program needs a complete wash.  It reeks!

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 02:46:15 pm
I think Fancher is probably a good man and he's been put in an awful position so I hate to point out that we've lost 8 in a row and we are last in CUSA.  Everything needs to be out the door, complete reboot.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 03:42:45 pm
Fancher is a decent coach, but the new AD will need to blow up what has been done here over the years.  This team simply can't win games.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 04:38:45 pm
JD shot a desperation 30-footer that would have tied the game and missed everything.  The clock was at 8.9 seconds, but Davis thought it said 0.9.

Ajukwa had the best game tonight he has had in a long time.  Garvin played well inside and out.  Andrian White knocked heads at the end of the first half and sat out the rest of the game for the concussion protocol.  Our 2-3 zone is looking better each game.

There was a better crowd tonight because of ticket giveaways to schools, scouts, etc.  There is no excuse for not doing this all the time.

Coach Jeff Mullins looks like he has barely aged since he retired.  It was great to have him, the 1988 team, and all the basketball alums back in Halton.

The best part of the season so far--the Uh-huh Guy has abandoned us.  I guess our dwindling crowds prove that he is more of an attention whore than 49er fan.

I think U-Huh has had some health problems in his family in the past year or so. That probably is the reason for his absence.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 07:08:22 pm

I think U-Huh has had some health problems in his family in the past year or so. That probably is the reason for his absence.
Yes. Wife (formerly referred to as "that woman I live with") is in poor health.

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #22 on: February 04, 2018, 07:31:16 pm
I like Francher and would not mind seeing him stay if he could get a proven recruiter to join the staff.
I like what he's been getting out of these guys but I agree, he would have to get a prove recruiter.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #23 on: February 04, 2018, 07:48:20 pm
Just keep Fancher around until after Judy is gone. Weíve suffered enough under her coaching decisions.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 08:51:30 pm
Just keep Fancher around until after Judy is gone. Weíve suffered enough under her coaching decisions.
Judy is done making decisions. Everyone needs to understand she's just collecting a paycheck and trying to drum up some final donations before sunsetting on the Ramblin' Rose.

New AD will make all personnel decisions.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos