Author Topic: MTSU Post Game  (Read 3373 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 08:55:36 pm
JD shot a desperation 30-footer that would have tied the game and missed everything.  The clock was at 8.9 seconds, but Davis thought it said 0.9.

Ajukwa had the best game tonight he has had in a long time.  Garvin played well inside and out.  Andrian White knocked heads at the end of the first half and sat out the rest of the game for the concussion protocol.  Our 2-3 zone is looking better each game.

There was a better crowd tonight because of ticket giveaways to schools, scouts, etc.  There is no excuse for not doing this all the time.

Coach Jeff Mullins looks like he has barely aged since he retired.  It was great to have him, the 1988 team, and all the basketball alums back in Halton.

The best part of the season so far--the Uh-huh Guy has abandoned us.  I guess our dwindling crowds prove that he is more of an attention whore than 49er fan.

I think U-Huh has had some health problems in his family in the past year or so. That probably is the reason for his absence.
Yes. Wife (formerly referred to as "that woman I live with") is in poor health.

I am sorry to hear that.  I hope that she gets better.  I hope Uh-huh Guy comes back as Paul Buchanan, just a fan.
#unc-CHeatingPays

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 09:19:34 pm
JD shot a desperation 30-footer that would have tied the game and missed everything.  The clock was at 8.9 seconds, but Davis thought it said 0.9.

Ajukwa had the best game tonight he has had in a long time.  Garvin played well inside and out.  Andrian White knocked heads at the end of the first half and sat out the rest of the game for the concussion protocol.  Our 2-3 zone is looking better each game.

There was a better crowd tonight because of ticket giveaways to schools, scouts, etc.  There is no excuse for not doing this all the time.

Coach Jeff Mullins looks like he has barely aged since he retired.  It was great to have him, the 1988 team, and all the basketball alums back in Halton.

The best part of the season so far--the Uh-huh Guy has abandoned us.  I guess our dwindling crowds prove that he is more of an attention whore than 49er fan.

I think U-Huh has had some health problems in his family in the past year or so. That probably is the reason for his absence.
Yes. Wife (formerly referred to as "that woman I live with") is in poor health.

I am sorry to hear that.  I hope that she gets better.  I hope Uh-huh Guy comes back as Paul Buchanan, just a fan.

That will be great if that is what happens.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #27 on: February 04, 2018, 10:17:48 pm
Dirt ball!

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:03 pm
Fancher seems like a decent guy...That said...we've lost 8 in a row...New broom time.God help us bring in a guy who can recruit.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 06:31:03 am
I would have thought with the smaller crowd he would love it.  More people can hear him and less kids to push down for a free tshirt.
Mahna Mahna

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 08:25:51 am
I would have thought with the smaller crowd he would love it.  More people can hear him and less kids to push down for a free tshirt.
He wasn't even at baseball games last season, think his wife isn't doing well and it takes most of his time. He is a good guy if you ever talk with him, but can get a bit annoying during some games, however I do miss him at the bball games.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 09:39:44 am
He wasn't even at baseball games last season, think his wife isn't doing well and it takes most of his time. He is a good guy if you ever talk with him, but can get a bit annoying during some games, however I do miss him at the bball games.
Uh huh is a douche nozzle. Shocked nobody has cracked his head open.  I was at a baseball game and watched him push kids out of the way to get a foul ball like it's a $500 bill.  Then he started yelling at them the ball has to be turned in. 

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 09:59:18 am
Uh huh is a douche nozzle. Shocked nobody has cracked his head open.  I was at a baseball game and watched him push kids out of the way to get a foul ball like it's a $500 bill.  Then he started yelling at them the ball has to be turned in.
I never paid attention when he could after a foul ball, but that's kinda weird. Let the kids have the ball.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #33 on: February 05, 2018, 12:08:09 pm
He was an irritating nuisance but the pushing kids thing turned me against him.  Then when he flashed the U and started talking smack in the halftime stale chips and flat soda hospitality I went full anti.  Mind you the game before the Miami just punked us at home.

I'm sorry his wife is ill and hope she recovers.  I also hope he doesn't return. 
Mahna Mahna

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #34 on: February 05, 2018, 02:37:33 pm

Actually, Uh-Huh has bigger fish to fry right now that he is taking care of his wife. Cut him a break.

BusterC417

• Freshman
Reply #35 on: February 10, 2018, 07:12:06 pm
I gotta pull a Metro and bump this. A few of you held on to hope, but I hope you are ready for a new coach now! O to be a Niner!

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #36 on: February 10, 2018, 08:17:54 pm
We went toe to toe with the best team in CUSA. This may have been our best performance of the year. I really want to see these guys break through and get some Ws.

After watching tonight, I think the Ws are going to come.  I think we win more than we lose the rest of the way.

Nope nope nope nope nope. If we play like we did against USM we won't win another the rest of the way.    I think we get 1 or 2 more maybe against UTEP or the F_Us .   That's all I can hope for at this point I think.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #37 on: February 10, 2018, 08:21:01 pm
I wish we could just forfeit the season.  Just shut it down.
Mahna Mahna

BusterC417

• Freshman
Reply #38 on: February 10, 2018, 08:23:54 pm

Winner winner chicken dinner

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #39 on: February 10, 2018, 09:34:42 pm

Winner winner chicken dinner

Can we somehow carry over any remaining wins to next season?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #40 on: February 10, 2018, 09:44:20 pm
clt is watching more Olympics, no worries.

Colorado49er

• Freshman
Reply #41 on: February 10, 2018, 09:55:48 pm
For whatever reasons, this group of guys seem hard to motivate.  Lack of effort is what helped Price get fired.  The effort did pick up for a while under Fancher but now the team is back to going through the motions.

I think we would have won more games this season keeping Price.  Hudson was one of our better players so losing him in the package deal hurt.

At least the way things are going the administration will be forced into hiring a new coach.  No way can they can say a turn around happened after Price left and Fancher took over.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:32 am
For whatever reasons, this group of guys seem hard to motivate.  Lack of effort is what helped Price get fired.  The effort did pick up for a while under Fancher but now the team is back to going through the motions.

I think we would have won more games this season keeping Price.  Hudson was one of our better players so losing him in the package deal hurt.

At least the way things are going the administration will be forced into hiring a new coach.  No way can they can say a turn around happened after Price left and Fancher took over.
Fancher has said the team is motivated. I think the problem is that we don't have enough manpower or skill. That may or may not be Fancher's fault, depending on how much he was in charge of recruiting. In any case, you are correct in assuming that no way in Hell will Fancher be retained on a permanent basis.

I once opined to Rose that sometimes coaches lose through no fault of their own and she replied that "They are still responsible". She also told me she hated letting Major go because he was such a fine man but "you have to win games". When the "Fire Rose" chants were going she said that big donors didn't care about winning so much as about graduation rates, character development, etc. I guess winning matters unless it doesn't. In Fancher's case, it matters. Hopefully, our next AD will live in the world as it is (winning matters) and not as he thinks it should be.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • When one door closes...open it again. It's a door!
Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 12:42:59 pm

In our own way...it appears we basically have.
Niner Nation wanted football...we got football
Niner Nation wanted Judy gone....Judy's gone
Niner Nation wanted the Tarhole sign gone from I85...the sign in gone

Name Change.......YOU'RE NEXT!!!!

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #44 on: February 11, 2018, 02:24:57 pm
Is this our So Miss Post Game thread?

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #45 on: February 11, 2018, 05:53:32 pm
Is this our So Miss Post Game thread?

clt encourages you to read the lawn maintenance thread at cusa chat page. That is where the hot takes are located. 

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:30 pm
Congrats MTSU for cracking the AP top 25 for the first time!

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #47 on: February 20, 2018, 08:07:31 am
Had a dream last night that we ran out a starting lineup that included Torin Dorn, Keyshawn Woods and
Ibuka Izundu...........
Oh to dream............

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 08:26:52 am
Had a dream last night that we ran out a starting lineup that included Torin Dorn, Keyshawn Woods and
Ibuka Izundu...........
Oh to dream............

Did that dream also include a decent coach?
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 08:32:32 am
Ibuka Izundu...........
Oh to dream............

Did that dream also include a decent coach?
If decent means .500, this yes it did.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos