Author Topic: I'll just leave this here.....  (Read 1056 times)

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
on: February 05, 2018, 11:14:12 pm
Is key to N.C. Stateís basketball resurgence, now and in future, rooted in Charlotte?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article198476444.html

Thereís a lot of talent in the Charlotte area, a lot of guys that are hungry that want to make a name for themselves,Ē Dorn said.

Then thereís the other element: Making sure this Charlotte-to-Raleigh pipeline continues, for the sake of the Charlotte area and the N.C. State program.

ďI always felt like I was good enough to play in the ACC, and I didnít know what path I would take to get here,Ē Dorn said, ďbut I always knew I had that ability. Itís just a blessing to be able to see it come to fruition now.Ē
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:15:02 pm
LOL of course, screw him.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:30:26 pm
No high schooler is listening to this joker,
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 06:27:36 am
clt says the real Charlotte to Raleigh pipeline is our tax dollars.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:43:00 am

Any rational mind would of taken the fastest possible escape route from our basketball program the last 8 years.  Kids get 1 shot in their life to chase a dream, and at Char we provided ZERO hope since the Major hire.  Actually zero would be better than where we are now.  Iím happy some kids found success leaving.  We have not been a professionally managed organization in a long time.

This shitshow began day 1 of Alan.  He was given a mandate to reboot the program and too much rope instead of just imporove what he inherited 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:54:31 am by metro »

bckicker3

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:55:15 am

Any rational mind would of taken the fastest possible escape route from our basketball program the last 8 years.  Kids get 1 shot in their life to chase a dream, and at Char we provided ZERO hope since the Major hire.  Actually zero would be better than where we are now.  Iím happy some kids found success leaving.  We have not been a professionally managed organization in a long time.

This shitshow began day 1 of Alan.  He was given a mandate to reboot the program and too much rope instead of just imporove what he inherited

I couldn't agree more

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 08:46:17 am
I do not fault anyone from bettering themselves in any situation in life that might hold them down. My focus from this article is not even Dorn and his statement. It is the mindset of the ACC and the hacks that push it. The perception presented that it is vital for Charlotte area kids to have the ACC or their basketball options are forever diminished. This article 10 years ago would have really set me off but our program has declined to a point that I can't argue that point now. Bottom line is Charlotte area is loaded with D1 talent and we need to build our program back up to be a player for these kids. My biggest fear is we have fallen to a point we might not ever get back there.
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

ninerID

• Athletic Director
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:14:13 am

I couldn't agree more
this thread is about Dorn.  Who, correct me if I'm wrong, was signed by Alan Major and left the same spring that Alan Major got sick and was released.

There is fault to throw at Major, bashing him in a thread where he brought in would be Conference Freshman of the Year is missing the mark.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 09:45:12 am

I couldn't agree more
this thread is about Dorn.  Who, correct me if I'm wrong, was signed by Alan Major and left the same spring that Alan Major got sick and was released.

There is fault to throw at Major, bashing him in a thread where he brought in would be Conference Freshman of the Year is missing the mark.

Not at all.  Major lost a record setting amount of losses to 300 RPI teams in his final 2 seasons with Dorn and his cast.  Major also set all-time 49er coaching record for transfers.  I believe it was in the 15 range in his tenure. 

Coach's job: sign quality players, improve them, keep them on campus, win, and don't get run out of dodge for losing (which just makes what talent you did assemble also leave).  Major checked 1 box of 5. 

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:55:48 am
Major starters were always pretty consistent. He brought in talent and some that talent left to get more playing time. Henry and Williams (4 years), Thorne (3 years), Clayton (3 years), then Brax/Cherry/Vic were all decent. Lester was best talent we have brought in in a decade. Mayfield was a stud. Too bad those guys couldn't keep their s*** together (Which is what we all want anyway...take a chance on some guys). Ingram, who left, was developing nicely but wanted to play point. He wasn't doing that with Henry here. Most everyone else that left wasn't any good. We replaced the guys who left every year with an equal or better player. Major and staff could absolutely recruit. Couldn't coach at all however.

ninerID

• Athletic Director
Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 10:00:15 am

I couldn't agree more

Not at all.  Major lost a record setting amount of losses to 300 RPI teams in his final 2 seasons with Dorn and his cast.  Major also set all-time 49er coaching record for transfers.  I believe it was in the 15 range in his tenure. 
I'm not sure what you are counting as his last 2 years since he left midway through 2015, but i have a hard time believing 2 in 2 seasons was the record.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2013/schedule/Charlotte  0 300+ losses
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2014/schedule/Charlotte  2 300+ losses
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2015/schedule/Charlotte  0 300+ losses

I agree on transfers.  that is ultimately what did him in, even more than lack of coaching ability.  He couldn't keep a consistent group.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 10:07:02 am

I couldn't agree more

I'm not sure what you are counting as his last 2 years since he left midway through 2015, but i have a hard time believing 2 in 2 seasons was the record.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2013/schedule/Charlotte  0 300+ losses
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2014/schedule/Charlotte  2 300+ losses
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2015/schedule/Charlotte  0 300+ losses

I agree on transfers.  that is ultimately what did him in, even more than lack of coaching ability.  He couldn't keep a consistent group.

OK maybe not 300.  Some hyperbole.  But Major's last 2 seasons we got shredded by plenty of 200-299 teams.  It got routine.  No excuse

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 01:37:30 pm
Major does not coach here anymore.

Just a reminder.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 02:29:53 pm

Just a reminder.
Ok from this day fwd we can only discuss current staff.  Noted

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 02:59:05 pm

Just a reminder.

Hal Wissel also does not coach here anymore, but we still talk about the Wisselball years.  Lee Rose no longer coaches here, but we still discuss the Final Four team.

Fess up. You don't want us talking about Major because you know his failure is directly linked to Judy.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:05:24 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 06:40:37 pm

Just a reminder.

Hal Wissel also does not coach here anymore, but we still talk about the Wisselball years.  Lee Rose no longer coaches here, but we still discuss the Final Four team.

Fess up. You don't want us talking about Major because you know his failure is directly linked to Judy.
....or its just beating a dead horse and is boring. Also, its a reminder of something best forgotten, unless you're into suffering the past over again.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:06:34 pm by 4ever niner »

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos