Author Topic: LA Tech's Boykins ejected for dunking!  (Read 1134 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
on: February 09, 2018, 03:47:15 pm
Since ESPN 730 didn't pick up the radio broadcast until the final two minutes of the game last night, had missed this!

Sportingnews.com: LA. TECH G JACOBI BOYKINS EJECTED FOR DUNKING TOO HARD, NO SERIOUSLY

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 03:56:22 pm

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 03:57:14 pm
It was a terrible call.  Boykins took it much better than I would have, as well.  Kudos to him for that.  It was easily one of the worst calls I've seen.  The Conference should step in on this one.
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 05:39:04 pm
LOL. Officials with a definite hard on for that guy. Hopefully, there will be action taken by the league, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 06:15:27 pm
NBA level pass

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 06:21:48 pm
From what I've been reading, that play made ESPN's Sportscenter too!

Anyway, the following includes a poll on which of the two technicals called against Boykins was worse.

Midmajormadness.com: Louisiana Techís Jacobi Boykins ejected after not one, but two of the worst calls you will ever see

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 06:49:45 pm
Snippet from piece by Nick Martin of Deadspin:
Last night, Boykins and the Bulldogs opened a four-game home stand with lowly, five-win Charlotte, a team so devoid of talent that the school-sanctioned postgame interview saw interim head coach Houston Fancher concluding that rebounding was the one thing they did well in Thursdayís 83-64 loss. But this post isnít to point out the embarrassment of a low-tier menís basketball program. No, itís to point out that Boykins got absolutely shafted by the officials not once, but twice for a pair of otherwise incredible plays.
Deadspin.com: Louisiana Tech Player Ejected For Being Too Rad
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:51:19 pm by Run49er »

49er96

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 09:17:40 pm
Wow. Talk about insult to injury.  We already stink and then get destroyed on the court and in every highlight and article.

This is so depressing.

Incredible dunk though.   :-X

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 09:20:58 pm
Shame our name confusion never seems to matter with this.
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 11:17:22 pm
Snippet from piece by Nick Martin of Deadspin:
Last night, Boykins and the Bulldogs opened a four-game home stand with lowly, five-win Charlotte, a team so devoid of talent that the school-sanctioned postgame interview saw interim head coach Houston Fancher concluding that rebounding was the one thing they did well in Thursdayís 83-64 loss. But this post isnít to point out the embarrassment of a low-tier menís basketball program. No, itís to point out that Boykins got absolutely shafted by the officials not once, but twice for a pair of otherwise incredible plays.
Deadspin.com: Louisiana Tech Player Ejected For Being Too Rad

clt says deadspin is on the way out.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 09:20:15 am
NBA level pass

"@JonRothstein 18 Aug 2017
NBA guys at the Nike Camp in Los Angeles raving about Charlotte's Jon Davis. A name to keep an eye on outside the power-five in 17-18."

We get it, he isn't having a good year.  Regardless the NBA eyes have seen him, I'm sorry that's so difficult for us as a fanbase, I hope we can eventually come to grips with it.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 12:33:02 pm
Don't know if NCAA made taunting an emphasis this season, but see that URI's Cyril Langevine got whistled for a technical after dunking vs Davidson last night.

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 02:23:58 pm
Boykins pointed down at Jon Davis immediately after the dunk while Davis was still sitting on the floor.  I assume Boykins aggravated the situation by also saying something to Davis at that time.  I think that is what earned Boykins the ejection.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 04:24:22 pm
Boykins pointed down at Jon Davis immediately after the dunk while Davis was still sitting on the floor.  I assume Boykins aggravated the situation by also saying something to Davis at that time.  I think that is what earned Boykins the ejection.
Actually, it was the fact that it was the second technical called on Boykins that resulted in the ejection. I've watched it and just don't see what the ref saw but Boykins does have a rep for trash talking etc.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 04:52:57 pm
Must have said it pretty damned loud. The ref calling the tech was at midcourt.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 05:54:55 pm
clt says we made PTI!

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 09:17:50 am
I did one year of FB Ref.  We were taught to call our area.  The Ref at midcourt called it, the one beside the play didn't.  I think we need to start reprimanding Refs who call someone else's area.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos