Author Topic: 2017 College football - largest attendance drop in 34 years  (Read 1002 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:17:42 pm by Run49er »

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 04:28:30 pm
Stop kneeling! Oh wait.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:05 pm
The ACC experienced its lowest average attendance (48,442) since 1999 (45,073). The 2017 figure was the lowest among Power Five conferences for the 13th straight year.

clt bets mike P to post that.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 05:39:38 pm
Almost every game (except CUSA games) can be streamed on a big screen TV in HD from the comfort of your own home.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:45:59 pm
Almost every game (except CUSA games) can be streamed on a big screen TV in HD from the comfort of your own home.

Technology combined with new far flung conferences  is recipe for continued decline.
Mahna Mahna

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 07:24:45 pm
clt would like to see tailgate attendance. Now that you can easily steam at the tailgate, people can hang out, drink, and eat more.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:52:25 pm
So many people (especially younger people) just donít care about sports anymore. And they sure as hell donít have any motivation to go to the games. Too many other things to do.

I do think more regional conferences would help to get more traveling fans in the doors. I certainly would go to more away games if I they were drivable.

Probability of us expanding the stadium just went down.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 04:00:58 pm
So many people (especially younger people) just donít care about sports anymore. And they sure as hell donít have any motivation to go to the games. Too many other things to do.

I do think more regional conferences would help to get more traveling fans in the doors. I certainly would go to more away games if I they were drivable.

Sooo, probability is LESS than zero now?

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 09:47:14 pm

We still need a 25,000 seat stadium for our big games. We arenít going to suck forever.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 07:29:44 am

We still need a 25,000 seat stadium for our big games. We arenít going to suck forever.

clt says 25_30k would be ideal.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:22 pm
So many people (especially younger people) just donít care about sports anymore.

It's crazy to think that it wasn't a nuclear holocaust or a plague that brought us the first zombie apocalypse....it was smartphones and the people mindlessly scroll for hours on end.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 02:12:01 pm

Anyone heard about them adding temporary seating for the App game next year?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 02:16:47 pm

Anyone heard about them adding temporary seating for the App game next year?

Judy refused to add any temp seating.  I suspect new AD may think different.  Until they are here though doubt we hear anything.
Mahna Mahna

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 02:41:22 pm
Doesnít have to be much. Even if they add bleachers to seat 500 additional people the narrative changes from sellout to ďdemand was so high they had to add temporary seatsĒ. Thatís not a bad thing for people to hear.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 06:19:34 pm
clt says the appy game will sell out likely.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos