Author Topic: UAB football #24 in BCS poll  (Read 6156 times)

DownwithNBA

• Junior
    • http://
Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 04:41:49 pm
Like I said, bolstered by a good medical school, I never questioned how good they were but also the state board of governors only hands out a few medical schools, the best institutions don't necessarily get them, but there are very few bad med schools in the US. So I'll give you that, your med school is very respected, and since charlotte is set to recieve one within the decade well see how that turns out. My topic of conversation is undergrad, which I thought would be most relevant unless we are all doctors, me personally, I wish.

MKNiner

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Admin Emeritus
Reply #26 on: October 23, 2004, 08:47:16 pm
Tulane??

:lmao:  :lmao:  :grin:  :grin:  :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  :smirk:  :smirk:  :lmao:  :grin:  :biglaugh:  :smirk:  :butt:  :butt:

So much for that BCS ranking.
"The 49ers did it. They said they would start a football program and they did. People said they couldn’t; lots of them, mostly outsiders. The 49ers ignored them. This – the first spring game in the history of the school – proves it."

TheProvider

• Freshman
Reply #27 on: October 23, 2004, 09:30:51 pm
Too-Lame???

Well I guess Charlotte and UAB have the following in common:

Both will never play in a BCS bowl

Both can't beat Tulane in football (although at least WE can in basketball)

Both school lose about $6.5 million dollars in athletics propping up a football program no one wants (my bad, that's only UAB)

Conclusion:

Another mediocre season.  Better keep giving out the FREE tickets with every Happy Meal.

NormanNiner

• Junior
Reply #28 on: October 29, 2004, 09:22:56 am
Originally posted by DownwithNBA@Oct 19 2004, 10:05 AM
BTW, congrats on your football success, heard you might be getting a school soon.
 :lol:

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 01:06:32 am
Too-Lame???

Well I guess Charlotte and UAB have the following in common:

Both will never play in a BCS bowl

Both can't beat Tulane in football (although at least WE can in basketball)

Both school lose about $6.5 million dollars in athletics propping up a football program no one wants (my bad, that's only UAB)

Conclusion:

Another mediocre season.  Better keep giving out the FREE tickets with every Happy Meal.
:blank:  :blank:  :blank:  :blank:
The internet is forever

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos