Author Topic: FF Advice  (Read 4890 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CMack124

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2413
on: September 09, 2009, 04:32:48 pm
So post your random trade/FA advice questions and other people will give their two cents...I'll start:

Do I drop Jerious Norwood for Cadillac Williams?  I don't have Michael Turner so Norwood isn't too valuable to me.  I also wouldn't start either, just looking for long-term value, I would probably lose Norwood on waivers next week if I did this.


MKNiner

  • MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6147
  • Admin Emeritus
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:38:57 pm
Quote from: CMack124;430115
So post your random trade/FA advice questions and other people will give their two cents...I'll start:
 
Do I drop Jerious Norwood for Cadillac Williams? I don't have Michael Turner so Norwood isn't too valuable to me. I also wouldn't start either, just looking for long-term value, I would probably lose Norwood on waivers next week if I did this.

I would.  Turner is the clear number one and will get most goaline carries.

Cadillac could see a decent amount of work, especially if Ward doesn't assert himself as a clear starter.
"The 49ers did it. They said they would start a football program and they did. People said they couldn’t; lots of them, mostly outsiders. The 49ers ignored them. This – the first spring game in the history of the school – proves it."


cakewalk5

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2623
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:02:37 pm
Cadillac was named the starter for the Bucs.  But I'm not sure how much water that holds.  Ward will be the changeup back, and Graham will still get goal line carries.  So Cadillac may just be a starter on paper, with RBBC meaning the hot hand gets the carries.

But Norwood will not be meaningful unless Turner goes down.  And nobody knows how Norwood will be if he is the starter.

Thus, I'd take Cadillac, but it's not a big difference to me.


EE9er

  • Assistant Coach
  • ***
  • Posts: 3630
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 07:49:12 pm
Who would you play this weekend.  Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush?  TJ Housh or Vincent Jackson?
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13


X-49er

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6731
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:26:17 pm
Quote from: EE9er;430166
Who would you play this weekend.  Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush?  TJ Housh or Vincent Jackson?


If Bush is healthy, I would likely start him against the Lions.  The Falcons pass defense is questionable, but their run defense is usually pretty stout despite a bad season last year.   The Lions were dead last defending the run last season.  

Definitely start Houshmanzadeh.  Jackson is matched up against maybe the best cover corner in the league this week.  Jackson should have a good season, but Asoughma is a shut-down corner.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers



NewNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 1624
Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:30:25 am
Quote from: X-49er;430187
If Bush is healthy, I would likely start him against the Lions.  The Falcons pass defense is questionable, but their run defense is usually pretty stout despite a bad season last year.   The Lions were dead last defending the run last season.  

Definitely start Houshmanzadeh.  Jackson is matched up against maybe the best cover corner in the league this week.  Jackson should have a good season, but Asoughma is a shut-down corner.


Asoughma is questionable though and I don't think quite as highly as you do of him (I think he is really good but best in the league?) couple that with the emergence of the passing attack for San Diego and the fact that they may move Asoughma to cover Chambers I would start Jackson over Whosyomomma
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:54:44 am
Mike Bell against the worst D in the league or Chris Johnson against the best D in the league?  PPR league.


bleedsgreenandgold

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2936
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:16:36 am
Mike Bell...Pittsburgh will make Tennessee throw the ball.


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:55:22 am
I know but Johnson catches a decent amount of balls.  So tough.  Wish I had until Sunday to decide.


Buff49er

  • Walk On
  • *
  • Posts: 29
    • http://
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 12:37:32 pm
Who should I start as my third wide receiver, Lance Moore or Anthony Gonazalez?  Both have elite qb's throwing to them.  Moore is playing against Detroit and Gonzalez against Jacksonville.  I'm leaning towards Moore.  What do you guys think?


moss2k

  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • *****
  • Posts: 14025
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 12:59:02 pm
Quote from: Buff49er;430267
Who should I start as my third wide receiver, Lance Moore or Anthony Gonazalez?  Both have elite qb's throwing to them.  Moore is playing against Detroit and Gonzalez against Jacksonville.  I'm leaning towards Moore.  What do you guys think?


is it a point per reception league? Gonzalez will get the ball more, but doesn't stretch the field like Moore does...


cakewalk5

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2623
Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 01:03:25 pm
Quote from: EE9er;430166
Who would you play this weekend.  Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush?  TJ Housh or Vincent Jackson?

I would start Ronnie.  Yes the Falcons are stout on Run defense, but Miami is a run oriented team, and Ronnie gets the touches.  I would have a hard time sitting him against anyone.

As for VJax and Housh, toss up to me, but I personally am sticking with VJax since Chargers pass more nowadays.


cakewalk5

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2623
Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 01:04:23 pm
Quote from: NovaNiner;430233
Mike Bell against the worst D in the league or Chris Johnson against the best D in the league?  PPR league.

Chris Johnson.  If I drafted him that high (1st or 2nd round) no way he sits on my bench.


cakewalk5

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2623
Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 01:05:51 pm
Quote from: Buff49er;430267
Who should I start as my third wide receiver, Lance Moore or Anthony Gonazalez?  Both have elite qb's throwing to them.  Moore is playing against Detroit and Gonzalez against Jacksonville.  I'm leaning towards Moore.  What do you guys think?

Gonzalez is established as the 2 in Indy, with a healthy Peyton throwing.  I want to see Lance play first before relying on him.


jcl49er

  • MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 5381
Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 01:18:39 pm
Which backup RB to start:
 
Thomas Jones or Willie Parker
 
No-brainer a couple years back but not so sure now.
 
Also:  Vincent Jackson or Jason Witten for a flex position.
Quote from: Emerson
What you do is so loud that I cannot hear what you say.


X-49er

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6731
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 01:22:16 pm
Quote from: NewNiner;430213
Asoughma is questionable though and I don't think quite as highly as you do of him (I think he is really good but best in the league?) couple that with the emergence of the passing attack for San Diego and the fact that they may move Asoughma to cover Chambers I would start Jackson over Whosyomomma


Was not aware of his injury, but ask any of the analysts and they speak very highly of him.  Made the Pro Bowl last year despite playing on a terrible team.  Several teams were trying to get him in the off season.  As bad as the Raiders were as a team last season, they still ranked 10th in passing defense.  Jackson is 6'5", 230, while Chambers is 5'11, 210.  One would think the Raiders would match the 6'2" Asoughma against the bigger Jackson.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers



CharSFNiners

  • MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
  • *****
  • Posts: 7724
Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 01:28:00 pm
Quote from: jcl49er;430277
Which backup RB to start:
 
Thomas Jones or Willie Parker
 
No-brainer a couple years back but not so sure now.
 
Also: Vincent Jackson or Jason Witten for a flex position.

Toss up with the RB, but I'd go Witten over Jackson since he's Romo's security blanket.


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 01:34:53 pm
Quote from: jcl49er;430277
Which backup RB to start:
 
Thomas Jones or Willie Parker
 
No-brainer a couple years back but not so sure now.
 
Also:  Vincent Jackson or Jason Witten for a flex position.

I'd go TJ and VJ.  VJ had two great games last year against the team he is playing this weekend.


cakewalk5

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2623
Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 01:36:29 pm
Quote from: CharSFNiners;430283
Toss up with the RB, but I'd go Witten over Jackson since he's Romo's security blanket.

First, what league do you play in to have a choice between the two at a flex?  Do you guys even start a TE?

I would go with VJax.  Not sure what Witten will get without TO on the field.  Roy Williams is not even close to TO.  So no double coverages means Witten is going to get more attention.

But can't fault either way whoever is chosen.


CMack124

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2413
Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 07:42:43 am
Quote from: jcl49er;430277
Which backup RB to start:
 
Thomas Jones or Willie Parker
 
No-brainer a couple years back but not so sure now.
 
Also:  Vincent Jackson or Jason Witten for a flex position.


Hope you went with Jones...Tennessee didn't seem to miss Haynsworth at all last night.  I'd go with Witten, he'll probably lead Dallas in TD catches this year, we'd be a good #2 WR, defintiely a great play at the flex.

Two questions:

-Drop Jason Campbell for Shaun Hill?
-Start Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer?


bleedsgreenandgold

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2936
Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 08:12:14 am
VJ over Witten......Witten will be double covered unless a WR steps up.


49erMatt

  • Walk On
  • *
  • Posts: 219
Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:19 pm
Who would you start this week? Need two WR's and three RB's
 
Greg Jennings @StL
Mario Manningham @ TB
Santonio Holmes @Cin
TO vsNO
 
DeAngelo Williams @Dal
Brandon Jacobs @TB
Clinton Portis @Det
Fred Jackson @NO


X-49er

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6731
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 10:58:35 pm
Quote from: 49erMatt;433295
Who would you start this week? Need two WR's and three RB's
 
Greg Jennings @StL
Mario Manningham @ TB
Santonio Holmes @Cin
TO vsNO
 
DeAngelo Williams @Dal
Brandon Jacobs @TB
Clinton Portis @Det
Fred Jackson @NO


Jennings and Manningham for your receivers.

For your RB's, Williams and Jacobs for sure.  If you play in a 1 point=20 yd league, I would start Jackson.  Portis has only been good for yardage at this point with not TD's or receptions.  If yardage is rewarded better, I might consider starting him.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers



cibik02

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 5129
Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 08:01:18 am
Quote from: 49erMatt;433295
Who would you start this week? Need two WR's and three RB's
 
Greg Jennings @StL
Mario Manningham @ TB
Santonio Holmes @Cin
TO vsNO
 
DeAngelo Williams @Dal
Brandon Jacobs @TB
Clinton Portis @Det
Fred Jackson @NO


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 09:12:27 am
Quote from: cibik02;433315
Greg Jennings @StL
Mario Manningham @ TB
Santonio Holmes @Cin
TO vsNO
 
DeAngelo Williams @Dal
Brandon Jacobs @TB
Clinton Portis @Det
Fred Jackson @NO

Slight change


 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos