Author Topic: who should i start?  (Read 27590 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

X-49er

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6731
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 07:03:26 am
Quote from: EE9er;434513
Mario Manningham vs KC
or Jerricho Cotchery vs NO?


Tough call, but I go with Manningham because of who they are playing.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers



SWOLE49er

  • Sophomore
  • *
  • Posts: 673
Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 09:06:30 am
Saints are close to the top in the league in take-aways.  They are a legit squad.  Eli is in beast mode and Mario...when not smoking pot...is electric.
Follow me on Twitter @RobDemetrious


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 09:12:07 am
Will Mike Bell have value when he's back from injury?  Should I pick up Mendenhall and drop Bell?


SWOLE49er

  • Sophomore
  • *
  • Posts: 673
Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 09:27:28 am
who should i start? dustin keller or anthony fasano?
Follow me on Twitter @RobDemetrious


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 02:35:37 pm
Quote from: SWOLE49er;434559
who should i start? dustin keller or anthony fasano?

Keller every week.


bleedsgreenandgold

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2936
Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 02:45:53 pm
Quote from: NovaNiner;434549
Will Mike Bell have value when he's back from injury?  Should I pick up Mendenhall and drop Bell?


Not after Pierre Thomas' performance last week. I would drop Bell but you may want to consider someone like Donald Brown or Ricky Williams until the Steelers show they can run the ball.


s9er

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 5614
Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 03:30:17 pm
Funny how you think you did well on draft day only to hate a part of your team by week 4

I have to start Roy Williams, Eddie Royal and Donnie Avery this week. Damn bye's


Jimmyhat49er

  • MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • ***
  • Posts: 4096
Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 04:44:08 pm
Quote from: s9er;434678
Funny how you think you did well on draft day only to hate a part of your team by week 4

I have to start Roy Williams, Eddie Royal and Donnie Avery this week. Damn bye's



I actually dropped Eddie Royal this week, he has been my biggest fantasy disappointment.
If your not a 49er club member, NOW is the time to join.


Ninerballin

  • Assistant Coach
  • ***
  • Posts: 4714
  • checksum
Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 05:06:16 pm
Quote from: s9er;434678
Funny how you think you did well on draft day only to hate a part of your team by week 4

I have to start Roy Williams, Eddie Royal and Donnie Avery this week. Damn bye's


I've already dropped Eddie Royal, that ship has sailed. Orton & Royal don't make a good combination, him & Cutler were a great duo though.


cakewalk5

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2623
Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 05:09:18 pm
Quote from: Ninerballin;434713
I've already dropped Eddie Royal, that ship has sailed. Orton & Royal don't make a good combination, him & Cutler were a great duo though.

Dropped Royal, too.  Pretty bad when Sims-Walker is an upgrade.


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #35 on: October 05, 2009, 08:17:30 am
Stupid Braylon Edwards.  5 targets, no receptions.

I did pickup of Mendenhall.  Made up for Edwards and won the game for me.  I hope fast Willie is on the sidelines for a while.


bleedsgreenandgold

  • Senior Captain
  • **
  • Posts: 2936
Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 11:35:28 am
Pick 3.  A. Johnson, Jennings, Sims-Walker, or Maclin? This would usually be a no brainer but I'm afraid the Bengals/Leon Hall are going to lockdown A. Johnson.


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 01:30:02 pm
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;436164
Pick 3.  A. Johnson, Jennings, Sims-Walker, or Maclin? This would usually be a no brainer but I'm afraid the Bengals/Leon Hall are going to lockdown A. Johnson.

I couldn't ever bring myself to bench A Johnson regardless of matchup.


Chisox17

  • MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • ******
  • Posts: 10060
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 01:31:44 pm
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;436164
Pick 3.  A. Johnson, Jennings, Sims-Walker, or Maclin? This would usually be a no brainer but I'm afraid the Bengals/Leon Hall are going to lockdown A. Johnson.

Andre Johnson is one of about a dozen players in the league that you NEVER sit, regardless of the matchup.
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR


Normmm

  • MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6847
Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 02:42:42 pm
Quote from: NovaNiner;436193
I couldn't ever bring myself to bench A Johnson regardless of matchup.

I tend to agree.  Except...Jennings vs a woeful Detroit makes it tempting.  I'd probably just figure a way to start both of them.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 03:06:53 pm
Pick 3:

V Jackson vs Den
D Jackson vs Oak
B Edwards vs Buf
S Smith vs NO


hootie

  • Assistant Coach
  • ***
  • Posts: 4614
Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 12:28:40 pm
Pick two please:

Cadillac vrs NE
Ricky Williams Vrs NO
Brandon Jacobs vrs Ariz
Quote
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10


CharSFNiners

  • MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
  • *****
  • Posts: 7724
Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 12:42:53 pm
Quote from: hootie;437369
Pick two please:
 
Cadillac vrs NE
Ricky Williams Vrs NO
Brandon Jacobs vrs Ariz

Jacobs easily.
 
I'll go with Cadillac just b/c I think he'll have more touches.


Powerbait

  • Guest
Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 12:48:11 pm
Quote from: hootie;437369
Pick two please:

Cadillac vrs NE
Ricky Williams Vrs NO
Brandon Jacobs vrs Ariz


NO's defense is disgusting.

I hope Ricky Williams shreds it.


X-49er

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6731
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 01:03:47 pm
Quote from: CharSFNiners;437371
Jacobs easily.
 
I'll go with Cadillac just b/c I think he'll have more touches.


Ditto that.  Ricky is too unpredictable right now to warrant starting over the other two.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers



CMack124

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2413
Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 10:00:14 pm
Quote from: X-49er;437374
Ditto that.  Ricky is too unpredictable right now to warrant starting over the other two.


I disagree, Jacobs and Cadillac are all over the place.  Cadillac has a couple of 0 point days and Jacobs only has one double digit week (and both are below Ricky in the point totals this year, depsite Ricky being the only of the three to have his bye week so far).  Ricky has gotten double digit points every week but one this year.  

Ricky is easilly the most consistent out of those three, he gets completely overshadowed by Brown, but he has been pretty much  a lock for double digits this year.  There's a really good chance New Orleans is up by 20 in the first quarter of that game, but I still go with Ricky because the Dolphins are still going to try to run.

I start him and Jacobs because the Bucs might be down by 40 at halftime.  Arizona has a good run D, but I would rather take the chance of Jacobs getting a goal line TD than betting on Caddy to do somethign useful agaisnt New England.


X-49er

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6731
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 10:55:14 pm
Quote from: CMack124;437498
I disagree, Jacobs and Cadillac are all over the place.  Cadillac has a couple of 0 point days and Jacobs only has one double digit week (and both are below Ricky in the point totals this year, depsite Ricky being the only of the three to have his bye week so far).  Ricky has gotten double digit points every week but one this year.  

Ricky is easilly the most consistent out of those three, he gets completely overshadowed by Brown, but he has been pretty much  a lock for double digits this year.  There's a really good chance New Orleans is up by 20 in the first quarter of that game, but I still go with Ricky because the Dolphins are still going to try to run.

I start him and Jacobs because the Bucs might be down by 40 at halftime.  Arizona has a good run D, but I would rather take the chance of Jacobs getting a goal line TD than betting on Caddy to do somethign useful agaisnt New England.


Jacobs has probably been the biggest fantasy disappointment this season, but he's going to break through against somebody.  Caddy and Ricky have the same number of fantasy points on the season, but Caddy doesn't have Ronnie Brown in front of him.  Jacobs had two points against New Orleans last week, so unless Ricky gets some receiving TD's I don't look for him to do much.  The only reason I would consider starting Ricky is because Tampa is playing in London.  That trip is dreadful.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers



CMack124

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2413
Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 07:12:53 am
Quote from: X-49er;437520
Jacobs has probably been the biggest fantasy disappointment this season, but he's going to break through against somebody.  Caddy and Ricky have the same number of fantasy points on the season, but Caddy doesn't have Ronnie Brown in front of him.  Jacobs had two points against New Orleans last week, so unless Ricky gets some receiving TD's I don't look for him to do much.  The only reason I would consider starting Ricky is because Tampa is playing in London.  That trip is dreadful.


I guess it depends on the scoring system, but in ESPN standard leagues (non-PPR) Ricky is about 10 spots higher on the season point total rankings.  Even if it is a different scoring format and they are tied, Ricky is the only one who has had his bye, so he tied Caddy in one less game.  Plus Ricky only has one single digit week, no matter how you look at it, Ricky is easily the most consistent of the three.  Consistency always gets my vote in FF.

But I do agree about Jacobs, he's due for a short yardage TD, I'd take my chances with him.


hootie

  • Assistant Coach
  • ***
  • Posts: 4614
Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 07:59:53 am
I'm leaning Jacobs for sure b/c Bradshaw may be out.  Touches are the only reason I would go with Cadillac over Ricky- I like Ricky a lot but Brown gets the most touches.
Quote
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10


NovaNiner

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2157
Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:26 am
Why would Bradshaw be out?   I'd go Ricky and Jacobs.


 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos