Author Topic: who should i start?  (Read 27588 times)

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 09:18:02 am
Quote from: hootie;437543
I'm leaning Jacobs for sure b/c Bradshaw may be out.  Touches are the only reason I would go with Cadillac over Ricky- I like Ricky a lot but Brown gets the most touches.

Ricky has gotten more touches per game than Caddilac and done more with those touches.  If you like Cadillac then go with him, but Ricky has been better and more consistent all year and nobody seems to want to admit that.

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07:56 am
One things for certain in that Mia vs. NO game, points are going to be scored.  Miami is going to wildcat the death out of the Saints and Ricky is going to rack up a lot of touches.  Sporano knows that the way his team can win is to keep Brees off the field and maintain the Time of Possession in his favor.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 10:29:40 am
Mendenhall/Barber/P. Thomas/J. Stewart.......I'm leaning towards Stewart and Thomas, what do you guys think?

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 11:01:08 am
Quote from: CMack124;437575
Ricky has gotten more touches per game than Caddilac and done more with those touches.  If you like Cadillac then go with him, but Ricky has been better and more consistent all year and nobody seems to want to admit that.

I leaning with you.  Ricky has been good for me this year- I'M afraid if they get down two TDs it's going to be ugly though.  Of course, they can't throw so what the hell.
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 01:25:35 pm
Quote from: hootie;437639
I leaning with you.  Ricky has been good for me this year- I'M afraid if they get down two TDs it's going to be ugly though.  Of course, they can't throw so what the hell.

Always go with your gut if it is a close call, if you get it wrong then at least you got it wrong and not some website/forum.  I just think Ricky is really overlooked this year, he's been really solid.  I think it is a toss-up between these two, both teams could be down big, but I think Miami will be more stubborn in sticking to the run than Tampa, so Ricky would be my choice.

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 04:53:11 pm
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;437621
Mendenhall/Barber/P. Thomas/J. Stewart.......I'm leaning towards Stewart and Thomas, what do you guys think?

Those are tough choices, all 4 could have huge days.  I would go with Barber they say he is completely healthy.  Mendenhall has a horrible matchup but will get the goaline carries at least.  Thomas and Steward are in time shares at this point, Thomas looks to be losing the goaline carries to Bell now.  

Tough call, I'd rank them in this order: Barber (if healthy), Stewart, Mendenhall, Thomas.  But I think it's really a toss-up, hopefully you pick the right two.

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 07:35:33 pm
I hope you went with Ricky, regardless of outcome, he's had a monster day so far.

ninerball49

• Senior Captain
  • is that trips?
Reply #57 on: October 28, 2009, 06:32:57 am
I've got Maurice Jones Drew starting against the Titans...who else should I start...Chris Johnson against MJD and the Jags, or Ronnie Brown against the Jets?  Brown ran wild on the Jets in Miami but for some reason I don't see that happening again..but they will try.  I figure both MJD and Johnson will get a lot of carries as both those teams will try to run each other to death.
we have football

clap clap clapclapclap

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #58 on: October 28, 2009, 08:23:37 am
Quote from: Ninerballin;438395
I hope you went with Ricky, regardless of outcome, he's had a monster day so far.

I did- thank goodness.  And Vernon Davis was monster for me.

New questions:  Should I stick with the Ravens D vrs Denver or do something nuts like get the Lions D b/c they play St Louis?

Also need two- Jacobs, Sproles, Ricky.  I'm definately going with Ricky until he bites me, but I'm torn b/t Jaocbs and Sproles.  Sproles is always good for 12-15 with touches, but that is what concerns me.  I had him 2 weeks ago and he got bageled and I lost by 4 pts.  Jacobs is against the Eagles.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #59 on: October 28, 2009, 08:24:57 am
Quote from: ninerball49;439294
I've got Maurice Jones Drew starting against the Titans...who else should I start...Chris Johnson against MJD and the Jags, or Ronnie Brown against the Jets?  Brown ran wild on the Jets in Miami but for some reason I don't see that happening again..but they will try.  I figure both MJD and Johnson will get a lot of carries as both those teams will try to run each other to death.

That's about a wash- I'd go with RB.  But Johnson does have the higher chance to go nuts, IMO.

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #60 on: October 28, 2009, 01:36:26 pm
Quote from: hootie;439298
New questions:  Should I stick with the Ravens D vrs Denver or do something nuts like get the Lions D b/c they play St Louis?

I would not pick up the Lions or the Rams.  I grabbed the Chargers last week to start in place of the Ravens D on their bye week, and am starting them again this week against the Raiders.  Check and see if they are available.

Also need two- Jacobs, Sproles, Ricky.  I'm definately going with Ricky until he bites me, but I'm torn b/t Jaocbs and Sproles.  Sproles is always good for 12-15 with touches, but that is what concerns me.  I had him 2 weeks ago and he got bageled and I lost by 4 pts.  Jacobs is against the Eagles.

Tough call there.  Ricky proved me wrong last week.  I go with him and Sproles simply because the Giants are playing the Eagles.  Jacobs scored last week finally, but only had 13 rushing attempts.  That number will go up this week, but the Eagles run defense is better than the Jets and much better than the Raiders.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #61 on: October 28, 2009, 03:34:31 pm

There are about 20 defenses I'd start before the Lions.  Are the Cardinals available?  Colts?  Etc?

Also need two- Jacobs, Sproles, Ricky.  I'm definately going with Ricky until he bites me, but I'm torn b/t Jaocbs and Sproles.  

Same advice as last week - Jacobs and Ricky, and again it's not close.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #62 on: October 28, 2009, 03:35:42 pm
Quote from: ninerball49;439294

This one is real tough.  I'd lean towards Brown but Johnson could have a huge day.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #63 on: October 28, 2009, 03:40:03 pm
Quote from: NovaNiner;439485
There are about 20 defenses I'd start before the Lions.  Are the Cardinals available?  Colts?  Etc?

Yeah, Lions suck but they get some sacks and ST Lou sucks on O.  I have the Pats as my #1 D but they're off this week.  I probably stick with the Ravens.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #64 on: October 29, 2009, 09:56:21 am
Quote from: NovaNiner;439485

Same advice as last week - Jacobs and Ricky, and again it's not close.

Yeah, I hear you, but Sproles has a tremendous upside with touches.  Just don't see Jacobs much more than 12-14 pts at the most.  But, Norv Turner is a fool and he may not play Sproles at all on offense and stick over-the-hill, oft-injured LT for some reason.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #65 on: October 29, 2009, 01:22:15 pm
Quote from: hootie;439712
Yeah, I hear you, but Sproles has a tremendous upside with touches.  Just don't see Jacobs much more than 12-14 pts at the most.  But, Norv Turner is a fool and he may not play Sproles at all on offense and stick over-the-hill, oft-injured LT for some reason.

Jacobs getting you 10-14 points is a lock.  Sproles could break one off, but his touches are very limited.  I always go with the sure thing unless I think I'm a big dog in my matchup.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #66 on: October 29, 2009, 01:29:06 pm
Quote from: hootie;439495
Yeah, Lions suck but they get some sacks and ST Lou sucks on O.  I have the Pats as my #1 D but they're off this week.  I probably stick with the Ravens.

I just don't trust bad defenses even when they are going up against bad offenses.  Detroit is the 4th worst defense in the league.  

How about the Texans D?  Cowboys?  Bears?  I can keep going and I'm leaving out the obvious names.

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
    • University Name Change Campaign
Reply #67 on: October 29, 2009, 02:14:39 pm
QB: Philip Rivers vs. Oakland or David Garrard @ Tennessee?

I'm thinking Garrard.
(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

(10:25:26) NLP49: Dude, you're not Hooner. Only Hooner is.
(10:25:32) NLP49: And even he doesn't rub it in our faces.

(11:59:07) Charlotte2002: hooner's honesty is admirable

ninerball49

• Senior Captain
  • is that trips?
Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 03:24:06 pm
Quote from: Hooner49;439861

I'm thinking Garrard.

either or.  Rivers will definitely put up good numbers against Oakland..Tenn's defense has also been absolutely terrible this year.  Oakland is supposed to have decent pass defense but teams have just been loading it up on them this year, pass and run, cause their offense can't stay on the field for more than 3 plays.  I'd go with Rivers.
we have football

clap clap clapclapclap

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #69 on: October 30, 2009, 10:29:58 am
Quote from: Hooner49;439861

I'm thinking Garrard.

Both could have good games but I'd stick with Rivers especially given the matchup.

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #70 on: October 30, 2009, 12:09:04 pm
Quote from: NovaNiner;440068
Both could have good games but I'd stick with Rivers especially given the matchup.

This.

Always take the sure thing.  Rivers will get points, that's the reason you drafted him so high, don't over think it and try to play an average QB in a potentially good matchup, go with the proven thing.

jcl49er

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #71 on: October 30, 2009, 12:48:25 pm
Quote from: CMack124;440105
This.

Always take the sure thing. Rivers will get points, that's the reason you drafted him so high, don't over think it and try to play an average QB in a potentially good matchup, go with the proven thing.

Going for matchups is definitely overrated in Fantasy Football.  Play your studs, period.  At least if it backfires, you'll know you played the guy that gave you the best opportunity to win.

Rivers should have a huge game.  I'm definitely starting Vincent Jackson this weekend.
Quote from: Emerson
What you do is so loud that I cannot hear what you say.

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #72 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:26 pm
Quote from: jcl49er;440117
Going for matchups is definitely overrated in Fantasy Football.  Play your studs, period.  At least if it backfires, you'll know you played the guy that gave you the best opportunity to win.

Rivers should have a huge game.  I'm definitely starting Vincent Jackson this weekend.

I agree, use the matchups to help make your 3rd WR or flex decisions, but don't sit studs.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #73 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:15 pm
Colts D or Cardinals D?

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #74 on: October 30, 2009, 04:06:43 pm
Cards D

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos