Author Topic: New Trade Poll: Turner and Ward for Jennings, Sproles, and Rice  (Read 2786 times)

cakewalk5

• Senior Captain
Since we're doing polls, maybe can get a little advice, too.

Which side would you take?

Michael Turner and Hines Ward

or

Greg Jennings, Darren Sproles, and Ray Rice

warpedball

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:42:27 pm
its never based on players. always matters what your team need is and if you are improving based on how the league scoring is. If i need 2 starters i would take jennings sproles and rice

NinerPride

• Freshman
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:53:27 pm
in a PPR league I'd take Jennings, Rice, and Sproles.  Actually come to think of it I'd take that group regardless.  Some things to think about:  Rice is looking like he may be losing favor to McGahee.  Sproles value is dependent on LT's health.  I just don't think Turner will have that great a year if he lasts the whole year.  He had a lot of carries last year and I have a feeling he is going to wear down

warpedball

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:05:37 pm
PPR league you take turner and ward. Ward gives you better value bc he is a more zone/slot reciever and is easier to target. But in fantasy is doesnt matter bc no matter how good they are they have to produce on sunday

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:15:18 pm
Quote from: warpedball;433071
PPR league you take turner and ward. Ward gives you better value bc he is a more zone/slot reciever and is easier to target. But in fantasy is doesnt matter bc no matter how good they are they have to produce on sunday

Jennings is a better fantasy option than Ward.  He only had 1 less rec. last year than Ward.

I'd take Rice, Jennings, and Little Darren.  I would actually prefer the Ravens to start Willis McGahee, I think Ray Rice would be much more effective coming in as a change of pace back.

warpedball

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:42:16 am
yes jennings is a better fantasy option but you will not get much more value. Turner gives you TD's. Rice and Sproles get you yards

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:32:17 am
I agree with all that say Jennings > Ward, but Turner >>> Rice and Sproles.  Take the best player in the deal in Turner.

cakewalk5

• Senior Captain
Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 11:01:44 am
Thanks for all the advice.  

I've got either Sproles or Rice languishing on my bench.  The other team has nothing except for Turner.  Sounds like a pretty even trade.

It's not PPR, just standard scoring.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 11:34:50 am
No brainer Jennings, Rice, Sproles....

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos