Author Topic: Ninerdad rant  (Read 21288 times)

77grad

• Freshman
Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 10:11:27 am
I think Bobby probably was asked to resign, but wouldn't. That's the way it usually happens when someone is fired.

Also, dumba$$ Ninerdad seems upset that we would hire a little-known assistant coach as our head coach. Excuse me, but what was Lutz when we hired him? An assistant coach who was probably less-well-known than Alan Major. Ohio State is a major force in college basketball, with a great winning tradition.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 10:22:44 am
I think Bobby probably was asked to resign, but wouldn't. That's the way it usually happens when someone is fired.

Also, dumba$$ Ninerdad seems upset that we would hire a little-known assistant coach as our head coach. Excuse me, but what was Lutz when we hired him? An assistant coach who was probably less-well-known than Alan Major. Ohio State is a major force in college basketball, with a great winning tradition.

EXACTLY what I said in the first page of this thread that "dad" has managed to ignore.
Mahna Mahna

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 10:24:02 am

EXACTLY what I said in the first page of this thread that "dad" has managed to ignore.

"dad" clearly has no idea what he is talking about.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 10:55:03 am
There's no reason to waste your time with arguments. This poster has an agenda, namely support Lutz at any cost no matter how convoluted or inaccurate the argument and stir up trouble now that he has been fired. Better to ignore and save your reasoning for a Lutz supporter that is at least somewhat open-minded.

switchfoot

• Assistant Coach
Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 11:20:05 am
Wow, Ninerdad has gone completely off the reservation. I have never heard a "real Niner fan" refer to the school as UNC-Charlotte so much. I call BS!

unccfan

• Walk On
Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 11:44:30 am
Just as a side note, and not to defend ninerdad, but some of us older grads do not have as much issues with the UNC Charlotte name tag (just look at my user name).  That being said, he is not the only Lutz fan who is upset by the firing and subsequent hiring of a relatively unknown applicant.  The posting though has well gone beyond helpful and interesting and moved into the domain of Manic Bipolar hysteria.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 11:56:43 am
Just as a side note, and not to defend ninerdad, but some of us older grads do not have as much issues with the UNC Charlotte name tag (just look at my user name).  That being said, he is not the only Lutz fan who is upset by the firing and subsequent hiring of a relatively unknown applicant.  The posting though has well gone beyond helpful and interesting and moved into the domain of Manic Bipolar hysteria.

Haha!  Definite hysteria.

I don't think younger alums and students are that upset with older alums using UNC at Charlotte or UNCC.  Definitely not the use of UNC Charlotte, since it is the official name of the school.  But ninerdad has made it a point to keep Charlotte in lower case, while having UNC in upper case. 

For some idiotic reason, he's taking a shot at the school's name, while trying to defend Bobby.  Since he seems to have Bobby's best interest in mind, I wonder if ninerdad thinks Bobby should put University of North Carolina at charlotte on his resume, while looking for that next gig?

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:09 pm

Why are people Lutz fans?  I don't get it.  Did they graduate from UNC Lutz?  Did they root for the Charlotte Lutz?  It was time for change, move on already.

In addition, Major has much more significant experience than Bobby did when he got the job.

I mean I know Ohio State is a football school, but their basketball program isn't too shabby either...
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

Gill2003

Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 12:02:34 pm

Why are people Lutz fans?  I don't get it.  Did they graduate from UNC Lutz?  Did they root for the Charlotte Lutz?  It was time for change, move on already.

In addition, Major has much more significant experience than Bobby did when he got the job.

I mean I know Ohio State is a football school, but their basketball program isn't too shabby either...

Im a Bobby Lutz fan. I've known him personally and I've known his professional career. I'll always be a Bobby supporter.

metrox

• Walk On
Reply #59 on: April 12, 2010, 12:05:28 pm

???
UNCC, the largest NAIA athletic program in the country

49erDrummer

• Junior
Reply #60 on: April 12, 2010, 12:08:54 pm
Dude needs to be taken out back to the wood shed, if you know what I mean.  >:(

Woodshed? That's not how we do things around here.

*Ahem*

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #61 on: April 12, 2010, 12:09:12 pm

Im a Bobby Lutz fan. I've known him personally and I've known his professional career. I'll always be a Bobby supporter.

Ok I should have phrased it better.

Why do some people choose to put Lutz before the school or program?

He was a good coach for most of his career here, but the last 5 years left much to be desired.  There is no doubt that we needed a change, most of the signs show that we waited too long as it is.

Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

dk49er

• Walk On
Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 12:33:11 pm
he is a unc at chapel hill fan, just ignore I put  him  right up there with that sorry packman

max

Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:43 pm

*Ahem*

How exactly do we do things around here? I'm confused....lol.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 01:27:03 pm

*Ahem*

Three letters for you son...........................A..................................T...................................M

BigTimeNiner

• Junior
Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 01:40:55 pm

I am a Lutz fan as well.
I think he did a great job here and more importantly he represented himself and the University at the highest level.  I believe he truly cared about the University and this region as a whole.  Very few people will fit that role.

I agree that maybe it was time for a change, but to the younguns on here, It can be worse than it has been.  I went through it and it ain't pretty.

Cooch

• Walk On
Reply #66 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:49 pm
If your best friend was your stock broker because you trusted him and he was a good guy, but he had been losing your money for the last several years, what would you do?

Be reasonable and think about it...

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 02:02:24 pm
I'm mad nobody pointed out in the first post that he actually quoted Engvall's "Here's your sign"... UGH

Powerbait

Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 02:04:20 pm
I'm mad nobody pointed out in the first post that he actually quoted Engvall's "Here's your sign"... UGH

What?

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 02:19:38 pm
He said that lame ass one liner... and nobody caught it... everyone should be ashamed of themselves for missing that corny s***

Powerbait

Reply #70 on: April 12, 2010, 02:22:09 pm
He said that lame ass one liner... and nobody caught it... everyone should be ashamed of themselves for missing that corny s***

I don't even know what you're talking about.  What is here's your sign?

49erFan1

• Senior
Reply #71 on: April 12, 2010, 02:32:52 pm

Bill Engvall does this thing.  If you ask a stupid question with an obvious answer, he gives you a supid answer and says "Here's Your Sign!"

For instance

Cashier asks Bill as he walks up to the counter with a shirt: "Are you gonna pay for that here?"

Engvall: "No, I just wanted to show you what I was gonna steal before I did it.....Here's your sign!"

or:

Ninerdad: "How come Rob Moxley can't get the Gardner Webb job?"

Me: "Apparently being able to count 1.2.3.4.5.6 is on the application....Here's your sign"

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #72 on: April 12, 2010, 02:38:08 pm
If your best friend was your stock broker because you trusted him and he was a good guy, but he had been losing your money for the last several years, what would you do?

Be reasonable and think about it...
100% Correct.  You have to be objective about things and it was time for a change.  I liked Lutz, but missing the NCAA Tourney for the 5th year in a row is unacceptable and I think even Lutz would tell you that.
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

Powerbait

Reply #73 on: April 12, 2010, 02:50:13 pm

Bill Engvall does this thing.  If you ask a stupid question with an obvious answer, he gives you a supid answer and says "Here's Your Sign!"

For instance

Cashier asks Bill as he walks up to the counter with a shirt: "Are you gonna pay for that here?"

Engvall: "No, I just wanted to show you what I was gonna steal before I did it.....Here's your sign!"

or:

Ninerdad: "How come Rob Moxley can't get the Gardner Webb job?"

Me: "Apparently being able to count 1.2.3.4.5.6 is on the application....Here's your sign"

Oh, that's stupid.

max

Reply #74 on: April 12, 2010, 02:50:40 pm

*Ahem*

Three letters for you son...........................A..................................T...................................M

Can someone please "ATM" to me......I'm an old fart and missing the punchline.....lol

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos