Author Topic: grammar fight  (Read 13564 times)

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 10:38:12 pm
For those of you that would like to discuss grammar I suggest joining this site.  I come here for news (and rumors) on the Niners not to critique someone for how they use their, they're, and there.  I would swear half the people on here are my mom as much bitching goes on over trivial stuff.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 10:42:55 pm
 ::)

Over49er

• Junior
Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 10:45:41 pm
For those of you that would like to discuss grammar I suggest joining this site.  I come here for news (and rumors) on the Niners not to critique someone for how they use their, they're, and there.  I would swear half the people on here are my mom as much bitching goes on over trivial stuff.

Whatever............  ::)   ::)   ::)

My point is to make sure you know the difference.  You don't have to use it on here, but the real world is a different story. 
This post is brought to you by The Over40NINER....... The 2009 NNN POY

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 10:47:40 pm
I do think you'll be taken more seriously as well, but that's just me.

Ace

• Freshman
Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 07:14:02 am
I think Ace needs to chime in on this.
I aint never been no Albert IneStine butt I at least no good grammar.  Your never going too get nowhere in life if you aint got good grammar skills.  Its rediculous too think other wise.

NLP

Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 07:37:41 am
I saw Emmy Rossum's boobies on Showtime the other night.

Powerbait

Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 12:33:47 pm
I saw Emmy Rossum's boobies on Showtime the other night.

What where?!

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 12:49:18 pm
You don't have to be writing a thesis to use proper grammar.  It is not very difficult, and when you are posting here on a message board devoted to a University, you are representing that University.

Sure, everybody makes mistakes with spelling and grammar... but is it that hard to type in complete sentences and not like a twelve year old texting her BFF?
DUCK FAVIDSON

Powerbait

Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 12:50:14 pm
You don't have to be writing a thesis to use proper grammar.  It is not very difficult, and when you are posting here on a message board devoted to a University, you are representing that University.

Sure, everybody makes mistakes with spelling and grammar... but is it that hard to type in complete sentences and not like a twelve year old texting her BFF?

Dude, subject has changed.  Emmy Rossum naked.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 12:52:19 pm
why the f*ck do people care about grammar on a message board?  If that gets your panties in a wad, you need to get a life. Or as our friend Hootie would say, go get laid.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 12:58:45 pm
why the f*ck do people care about grammar on a message board?  If that gets your panties in a wad, you need to get a life. Or as our friend Hootie would say, go get laid.

Emmy Rossum naked?  I'm for it.

I'm also for our graduates and students who are posting on our message board taking time to ensure that their posts are presentable.

I'm not a big fan of seeing posts that make me wonder if author passed high school English classes, let alone holds a degree from our University.
DUCK FAVIDSON

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 01:02:44 pm
If it affects how I understand/read/comprehend your post, then there are issues.  That is all.

Powerbait

Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 01:04:53 pm
If it affects how I understand/read/comprehend your post, then there are issues.  That is all.

True, but you're a dick and ruin every thread you post in.

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 01:05:20 pm
I'm also for our graduates and students who are posting on our message board taking time to ensure that their posts are presentable.

I'm not a big fan of seeing posts that make me wonder if author passed high school English classes, let alone holds a degree from our University.

Dude. Relax.
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 01:06:22 pm

Is this where I start to ruin this one?

Powerbait

Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 01:07:00 pm

Already ruined it, don't sweat it.  Only way it can be saved is with Emmy Rossum naked.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 01:10:48 pm

Already ruined it, don't sweat it.  Only way it can be saved is with Emmy Rossum naked.

Cha_49

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 01:12:19 pm

everything was soooo much better when the PV thread was alive....
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and what I ought to do, by the Grace of God, I will do."
Engraved on Ms. Bonnie Cones Memorial

ShaGGy

• Junior
Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 02:08:44 pm
Eddie Basden... No one can stop him.
<http://www.​youtube.com/​watch?v=DBpD​-Cq4mC8>

Chipper

• Junior
Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 06:26:38 pm
Everything was soooo much better when the PV thread was alive....

Huh?  What happened to the PV thread?  Did CharSF break it? 

And SHAGGY IS THREAD WINNER so far.   :)

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 07:46:21 pm
Everything was soooo much better when the PV thread was alive....

Huh?  What happened to the PV thread?  Did CharSF break it? 

And SHAGGY IS THREAD WINNER so far.   :)

Yea I pissed on everyone's parade of attractive women

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 08:41:28 pm
I aint never been no Albert IneStine butt I at least no good grammar.  Your never going too get nowhere in life if you aint got good grammar skills.  Its rediculous too think other wise.

ace, i think u're a genus.   an i'm sory iran u off the uther nite.    i agre that no body's gona get on in life on les they can tawk and spel good.  thas wat up sets me wen i cum on hear an tri to dissipher all the bad speling and cofusing sintax.      if nobody on hear nos how to do that, ain't nobody ever gona maake any mony to speke of.   and that wud realy bea bad for all us challote fans.
thanx for yore enput tho, bro.   keep us straite! 

"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

NLP

Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 10:35:39 pm

Worth repeating.  Frequently.

Ace

• Freshman
Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 10:30:20 am

ace, i think u're a genus.   an i'm sory iran u off the uther nite.    i agre that no body's gona get on in life on les they can tawk and spel good.  thas wat up sets me wen i cum on hear an tri to dissipher all the bad speling and cofusing sintax.      if nobody on hear nos how to do that, ain't nobody ever gona maake any mony to speke of.   and that wud realy bea bad for all us challote fans.
thanx for yore enput tho, bro.   keep us straite!         

Eaarlyniner aint doing nothing but tending too bee a UNC fan like me.  He needs too learn too use spellcheck cause he done miss spelled a hole bunch of words.  I use spellcheck.

How do sum of you expect to get a good job if you aint no good at spelling? 

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:35:28 am by Ace »

LakeNorman49er

• Senior
Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 02:31:41 pm
since this thread was bumped i need to add something.  i used to help with the interview process and it's pretty depressing to see poor use of grammar on resumes and cover letters.  especially when the resume has "uncc" on it too.  i don't think anyone gives a crap about what is said on this board as long as it appears you know the difference in the good and the bad.

the next thing you know someone will start posting and never use upper case. 
ninermike:  "LakeNorman49er= Get your misquote of me out of your signature line. "

persinger (when discussing tarholes):  "we will do a big pre-game story on the upcoming tarhole game"

persinger (when discussing 49ers):  "we never do pre-game articles on any game.  it is not our job to inform the public about the local teams."

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos