Author Topic: Fantasy football keeper league  (Read 4511 times)

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
on: September 07, 2010, 09:50:41 am
would anyone be interested in such a league? never been in one before and would obviously need to maintain the same participants each year....

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:59:16 am
would anyone be interested in such a league? never been in one before and would obviously need to maintain the same participants each year....
YES.
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:01:10 am
I would be down also.

Deez49er

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:25:29 am
Sounds fun, I'm in.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:30 am
i'm researching keeper league rules/settings. prob wouldn't get this set up until week 2 action begins.

andrew_uofc

• Freshman
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:28:33 am
I am always down for this.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:17 pm
Id be down.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 12:03:32 pm
i'm researching keeper league rules/settings. prob wouldn't get this set up until week 2 action begins.

Not sure it would be easy for an on-line league to save the previous year's roster.  But if you have the same members, just make the first round picks the keepers.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 12:04:15 pm
A good easy set up is 5 keepers minimum, 10 max.  Draft starts with round 6 in reality, if you keep more than 5, you get skipped in that round of the draft.

Have keepers at a max 3 season holding period (not including the year drafted.. so you can have someone for 4 seasons in full)

This draft is the easy one, next year if when it gets interesting.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 12:14:03 pm
A good easy set up is 5 keepers minimum, 10 max.  Draft starts with round 6 in reality, if you keep more than 5, you get skipped in that round of the draft.

Have keepers at a max 3 season holding period (not including the year drafted.. so you can have someone for 4 seasons in full)

I think 10 is too many.  If a team sucks, those members are going to just want to drop out.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 12:17:47 pm

I think 10 is too many.  If a team sucks, those members are going to just want to drop out.

I was just throwing numbers out there.. You can do 3 keepers min, with 5 max.. I was in a leauge forever with 1 keeper, it wasn't as much fun as having 3 or so, you get rewarded for having good drafts more so with multi keeprs.

SWOLE49er

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 12:31:12 pm
YES
Follow me on Twitter @RobDemetrious

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 12:32:14 pm
would all the people be interested if it was say, $20 per year?

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 12:34:47 pm
would all the people be interested if it was say, $20 per year?

Yes.  But also depending on how many keepers you decide to do.  I'd vote for no more than 3.

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 12:43:06 pm
No, last time I was in a fantasy league that was paid for I never got my money for winning.  I would need strong assurances that everyone would pay before I even considered it.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:37 pm

I was just throwing numbers out there.. You can do 3 keepers min, with 5 max.. I was in a leauge forever with 1 keeper, it wasn't as much fun as having 3 or so, you get rewarded for having good drafts more so with multi keeprs.

Agreed that is the intrigue of a keeper league.  I've been on the good and bad ends of this.  I was in one league with Tomlinson, Tory Holt and Manning as keepers, when Tomlinson was at his peak.  It was almost unfair.  I had to hear people bit** that I got to keep LT for 4 years.

The bad was when I was stuck with the likes of Joey Galloway, Curtis Martin, Steve McNair.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 02:20:30 pm
We have a Keeper League that manages this issue.

We lkike the Keeper idea but LOVE the draft (which the fun in the draft is all about the 1st 5 rounds).

So...we only allow 3 keepers max and you can only keep a player for 2 consecutive seasons.  Meaning if you draft a player or pick up a FA player you can then keep that player for 2 more years.  So the max a player can stay on one team is 3 yrs.

Also, for each Keeper, you lose a draft pick 2 rounds ahead of where that player was drafted last year.  This is huge!  It maintains the 1st 3 rounds of the draft and you only Keep players that you got undervalued but are worth giving up more valuable draft picks in the next year's draft.

It took us a while to tweak it to this point but we love it.

It adds the Keeper element (with additional strategy) but maintains the fun of the draft.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos