Author Topic: Utter  (Read 35621 times)

NLP

Reply #150 on: December 02, 2010, 04:21:09 am
Yeah finally saw it for myself firsthand after the game last night.  Attempts at rational conversation were ignored, a hallmark of a troll. The post-mortem was extremely tame until he came in and started his crap.

Iron9er

Reply #151 on: December 02, 2010, 05:55:48 am
Yeah finally saw it for myself firsthand after the game last night.  Attempts at rational conversation were ignored, a hallmark of a troll. The post-mortem was extremely tame until he came in and started his crap.

Agreed.  I have no feelings for Utter as I pretty much ignored him while he covered us anyways, because his stories were just PR spin.  And, I don't mind him coming on here for some good natured smack.  Except he just didn't make sense and didn't care.  Either he's really stupid or.....well, thats all I've got.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #152 on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:17 am
Charlotte 2002, how can you say Utter is 40 acting like he's 12.  There's no way in hell, Utter is 40.  I'm 35 & Nwa is 37.  Utter has to be like my dad's age, 58, at least.

Utter was in school the same time I was and I believe he graduated in 91 with me, but I'm not certain. That should make Jim 41-42 years old.

cltfortyniner

• Walk On
Reply #153 on: December 02, 2010, 09:45:48 pm

Me too and I admit I was a little shocked as I stated in another thread.  I never thought he was the best writer in the world but I thought he was a much better fan than he showed last night. I guess life is always full of surprises.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:48:51 pm by cltfortyniner »

Card49

• Gulag
  • Sophomore
  • Putting handbills on windshields
Reply #154 on: January 27, 2014, 02:18:55 pm
   My point was simple: To point out hypocrisy by the usual suspects on this board who claim to be "real" 49ers fans.

In the span of 10 minutes after Friday night's game you saw:
   "We shoot too many 3s"   ... same thing said by same people every year here
   "We don't know how to play defense."  ... same thing said by same people every year
   "I can't believe we offered a scholarship to --------- (fill in any player here)"  ... same thing said by same people every year
  Powerbait's great wisdom: "Well, we'll be better next year." ... This after Game 1 and from the guy who wanted to fire coach ------ (fill in the blank, he's said it so much he's probably said it about all of them) years ago because fans were saying this all the time!
   And then the trashing of the players. Let's see, called them "cry babies,"  "Whiners" and a host of others.
   And to clear it up, my comments weren't about the program, the coach or any player.
    They were about YOU (likely most who wrote on this thread).

That was 2010.   :))

Card49

• Gulag
  • Sophomore
  • Putting handbills on windshields
Reply #155 on: January 27, 2014, 02:24:43 pm
I still think we'll be solid this season.  I hope we're an NCAA team, but I'd be happy with NIT in Major's first year.
::)

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #156 on: January 27, 2014, 06:46:41 pm
I still think we'll be solid this season.  I hope we're an NCAA team, but I'd be happy with NIT in Major's first year.
::)

That must have been before they told us the plan was to dismantle that team. 

I can't believe read I just read most of this thread.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:53:54 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Jim Utter

• Junior
Reply #157 on: January 27, 2014, 09:20:02 pm
I read it, too, and enjoyed it.
----
Jim Utter

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #158 on: January 27, 2014, 09:34:18 pm
I read it, too, and enjoyed it.

hi, jim.    i did too.
now if you could do something that would bring the program back to the attention of Charlotte, well...that would be nice.   
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos