Author Topic: ECU sucks  (Read 14700 times)

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:57 am
EZU sucks and will always suck.  Lebo has sucked his entire career and will continue to do so.  Greenville makes me appreciate Gastonia.  It sucks.  Minges makes me appreciate Belk f***ing Gym.  It sucks.

I think that about sums it up. Maybe StillJerking will remember that it's time to go upstairs and feed his mom's cat while she's at work.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 11:13:29 am
arguing with SJ is giving him and that turd of a program too much credit.

Also, SJ, I have said before, please stop trying to turn every damn thread in our basketball forum into an ECU PR campaign. If I have to start splitting/moving/closing threads again, I'm going to at least gulag you just for pissing me off.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 11:14:45 am
ive said it before, i think ecu's recruiting is getting better. a transfer from missouri who played some for an elite eight team is a good get for them and im not going to bad mouth transfers too much because of mayfield but in way do we regularly recruit against ecu for recruits. i think roberts campbell will get early pt for them but who else there is gonna get that? also, i like having their best player, morrow, being guarded by kj.

Nobody has said their recruiting hasn't gotten better, just not by leaps and bounds as StillJonesing would like people to believe.  If it had been there'd be proof.  Nobody is knocking transfers either, just when he calls a guy who averaged 3 ppg "elite" he's stretching it a bit.  None of us would call Mayfield elite.  We'd love for him to be but we're not going out on that limb.  Like I said.  He needs perspective.

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 11:30:12 am
Where are all of these 3 star guys?  You mean the 3 star guys that joined other teams and turned out to be "not so much 3 stars?"
Our transfers were significant contributors on NCAA/NIT teams as underclassmen. I don't care what they were rated in high school at this point really, the've already proven they can play at this level. You guys are pumped about Mayfield who didn't get off the bench.

Oh btw, ask Bobby how recruiting all transfers works out.
Ask VCU how Jamie Skeen worked out for them.

I'm sorry that my espn quote left out all of your sloppy seconds
You can pretend they don't exist because ESPN or Rivals recruiting said it, but they will be playing vs UNCC next fall.

ive said it before, i think ecu's recruiting is getting better.
We get our share of talent. Recruitings never really been the main issue, good players transfering out of the program waThe last 5 years alone we've had players transfer to places like Pitt, Tennesse, Wichita State, Utah, UTEP, etc. All we really had to do was keep players around 4 years. Those teams had plenty of success with all our transfers so I see no reason why we shouldn't with transfers of our own.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:38:04 am by StillJonesing »
You know it

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 11:56:08 am
I still haven't gone to the store to look for Push Ups. I hope they have grape flavored ones.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 12:02:22 pm
EZU sucks and will always suck.  Lebo has sucked his entire career and will continue to do so.  Greenville makes me appreciate Gastonia.  It sucks.  Minges makes me appreciate Belk f***ing Gym.  It sucks.

This.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 12:59:28 pm
My girlfriend lives in Greenville, and I can promise you she is that God awful town's only reason for me ever heading up there.  That place is one big disgusting strip mall. 

Oh yeah and Lebo sucks.
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:34 pm
What's going to suck for you guys is having to wait on your class a couple more years to start helping you win. Like 2K said, you don't win with many freshman unless they are McDonalds AA's. You can find a few examples of 3 star guys like G Haywood or Steph Curry blowing up, but I could find you hundreds to every one of those that struggled. The chances are your freshman are a couple years away from doing anything. Say what you want about our transfers but we got a lot more immediate help and better chance to start winning big next year than in 2014, like it's looking like for you guys.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:18:15 pm by StillJonesing »
You know it

NinerAdvocate

Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 02:45:25 pm
wtf are you babbling about? We return 4 of 5 starters. Maybe one of them will lose their starting job. 2 of our new players have already practiced with the team for a year.

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 02:48:30 pm
What's going to suck for you guys is having to wait on your class a couple more years to start helping you win. Like 2K said, you don't win with many freshman unless they are McDonalds AA's. You can find a few examples of 3 star guys like G Haywood or Steph Curry blowing up, but I could find you hundreds to every one of those that struggled. The chances are your freshman are a couple years away from doing anything. Say what you want about our transfers but we got a lot more immediate help and better chance to start winning big next year than in 2014, like it's looking like for you guys.

Some people just seem to be incapable of learning.

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - Football

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 04:41:41 pm
That coach and those rerturners finished the last half of the year 2-14. Do you really want them starting? Your team could use some older more ready help for this year, and the freshman will likely struggle to adjust to the college game regardless of how much potiental they might have. 
You know it

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 05:17:51 pm
I still haven't gone to the store to look for Push Ups. I hope they have grape flavored ones.

Do they sell Push Ups at the beach cause that's were I'm going tomorrow you know, the beach.  Tomorrow. 

NinerAdvocate

Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 05:38:54 pm
That coach and those rerturners finished the last half of the year 2-14. Do you really want them starting? Your team could use some older more ready help for this year, and the freshman will likely struggle to adjust to the college game regardless of how much potiental they might have.

I would take our returnees over yours every day of the week and our recruiting class too.

When it comes to basketball, we are better than you. Tired of arguing with a freaking EZU fan. Your program sucks balls. Even in our worst season in decades you LOST BY 11 to us on a neutral court. And your win was by a hair's breadth, at home (remember, this same team lost to gardner f'ing webb last season due to having no depth at all and having to play walkons). That was your best chance to ever get bragging rights on us, and you BLEW IT. It will never happen again. This reminds me of why I don't want to play your crappy program... every year we played you in Halton, your fans would come in chest thumping, and running their mouths to our alumni section and anyone that would listen, and by halftime, you'd be cussing. By game's end, you'd exit the building absolutely dejected and sobbing. You have two statuses - unwarranted, obnoxious blowhard or pathetic losers. Neither of which is the least bit entertaining, nor is drubbing you. If you want to run smack here, at least pretend to be a fan of a real hoops program, or even a fake one - like any of the ones John Calipari has ever coached.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:46:06 pm by NinerAdvocate »

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 05:39:17 pm
I love that we have a thread devoted entirely to Push Ups and the fact that EZU sucks.
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 06:05:30 pm
If we finished the last half of the season as bad as you did I wouldn't' have much faith in the coach or players, because that's the most important time of the year when your team is supposed to be peaking, not folding.     
You know it

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 08:23:59 pm
I love that we have a thread devoted entirely to Push Ups and the fact that EZU sucks.

Last I heard you can't even get Push Ups in Greenville.  Just another reason ECU sucks!

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 08:25:41 pm
If we finished the last half of the season as bad as you did I wouldn't' have much faith in the coach or players, because that's the most important time of the year when your team is supposed to be peaking, not folding.   

If last season was anything resembling a normal season I'd agree with you.  Kind of sad for you that even with our season from hell we still beat ECU on a neutral court.  Hell, last year we lost to Gardner freaking Webb for crying out loud. 

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #42 on: July 09, 2011, 02:22:10 pm
http://www.ballislife.com/video/63-paris-robertscampbell-is-an

If this guy ends up being as good as they think, it's going to sting letting him get out of Charlotte.
You know it

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #43 on: July 09, 2011, 04:04:34 pm
http://www.ballislife.com/video/63-paris-robertscampbell-is-an

If this guy ends up being as good as they think, it's going to sting letting him get out of Charlotte.

OK, here's what I got out of that:

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.  ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!"

Is that everyone else's interpretation?

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 12:32:07 pm
I'm sure blah is the word you will use if he turns out to be even half as good as the Curry brothers. Seems to be something about skinny, lightly recruited shooters blowing up their senior year in Charlotte. Even if the guy is only as good as Sam Hinnant (also from CLT) was for us, he's a good get. The fact Slam is talking about him possibly being CUSA freshman of the year and making national noise I think says a lot when you consider Adonis Thomas will be playing at Memphis next year and probably be a lottery pick next summer.
You know it

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 02:14:57 pm
I'm sure blah is the word you will use if he turns out to be even half as good as the Curry brothers. Seems to be something about skinny, lightly recruited shooters blowing up their senior year in Charlotte. Even if the guy is only as good as Sam Hinnant (also from CLT) was for us, he's a good get. The fact Slam is talking about him possibly being CUSA freshman of the year and making national noise I think says a lot when you consider Adonis Thomas will be playing at Memphis next year and probably be a lottery pick next summer.

What?

PARMAN

• Sophomore
Reply #46 on: July 10, 2011, 05:49:55 pm

Last I heard you can't even get Push Ups in Greenville.  Just another reason ECU sucks!

That's because the college students in Greenville could not figure out how to eat the pushups. 

Timo99

• Freshman
Reply #47 on: July 10, 2011, 08:47:43 pm
This is quite amusing, I live 15 minutes away from Greenville, and work In Greenville......I have noticed most Pirate "fans" do not claim ECU's basketball team. They are true bandwagon fans, ECU for football, Tarholes for basketball. Every time I watch the news showing ECU basketball, there may be four people watching the game in Minges Coliseum. Point is, ECU sucks.
#FIREJUDYROSE

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #48 on: July 10, 2011, 09:53:55 pm
Yet we constantly have averaged with in about 1500 of UNCC despite no previous success. You can attack us on some things but our fanbase really isnt one of them. Our fans show up and give money like very few teams outside of the BCS. The football team averaged 49,665 in a 50,000 seat stadium and baseball is top 15-20 every year nationally in attendance. Basketball is just a matter of time if we have any success. 

Do you really think if we start consistently winning even 18 games a year 1500 more measly  fans won't come?  Last year a lot of fans were on the fence about Lebo at the start of the year and we didn't start winning until the last half of the year, but the last 3 Saturday games we had 6k+ so there was increased interest as the season progressed.  You'll see a big increase this year. If we win there is no doubt we'll draw, none.   
You know it

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #49 on: July 10, 2011, 10:17:36 pm
Yet we constantly have averaged with in about 1500 of UNCC despite no previous success. You can attack us on some things but our fanbase really isnt one of them. Our fans show up and give money like very few teams outside of the BCS. The football team averaged 49,665 in a 50,000 seat stadium and baseball is top 15-20 every year nationally in attendance. Basketball is just a matter of time if we have any success. 

Do you really think if we start consistently winning even 18 games a year 1500 more measly  fans won't come?  Last year a lot of fans were on the fence about Lebo at the start of the year and we didn't start winning until the last half of the year, but the last 3 Saturday games we had 6k+ so there was increased interest as the season progressed.  You'll see a big increase this year. If we win there is no doubt we'll draw, none.
SJ's glass is always half full and THEN SOME! Can you please use some of that spin to make me feel better about the US economy? I can tell you are the man for the job.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos