Author Topic: ECU sucks  (Read 14702 times)

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #50 on: July 10, 2011, 10:34:34 pm
I'm sure blah is the word you will use if he turns out to be even half as good as the Curry brothers.

Nope.  Blah simply means he doesn't give a flip about an ECU recruit, good or bad.

Did we still win the game this year on a neutral court by 11?  In one of our worse seasons ever?  With a head coach only having 3 games under his belt, EVER? Oh yeah, we did.  Just checking.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #51 on: July 10, 2011, 11:21:34 pm

Do you really think if we start consistently winning even 18 games a year 1500 more measly fans won't come?

Thank you for describing to us the meaning of "bandwagon fan"

Also, all ECU fans are measly, especially you.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 10:11:55 am
Yet we constantly have averaged with in about 1500 of UNCC despite no previous success. You can attack us on some things but our fanbase really isnt one of them. Our fans show up and give money like very few teams outside of the BCS. The football team averaged 49,665 in a 50,000 seat stadium and baseball is top 15-20 every year nationally in attendance. Basketball is just a matter of time if we have any success. 

Do you really think if we start consistently winning even 18 games a year 1500 more measly  fans won't come?  Last year a lot of fans were on the fence about Lebo at the start of the year and we didn't start winning until the last half of the year, but the last 3 Saturday games we had 6k+ so there was increased interest as the season progressed.  You'll see a big increase this year. If we win there is no doubt we'll draw, none.

Wah wah wah wah blah blah blah. Froenaio cleiubl deiuy vljnhohd njdfoij nnnoihohnon=0e. ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 01:31:18 pm
Did we still win the game this year on a neutral court by 11?  In one of our worse seasons ever?  With a head coach only having 3 games under his belt, EVER? Oh yeah, we did.  Just checking.

I've offered a wager several times. If you really believe you guys will have a more successful season than we do next year, put your money where your mouth is. If you don't want to do money we can do avatars or a signature bet, but so far no one will take it, which says about all that needs to be said about each of our programs currently.
You know it

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 01:52:37 pm

I've offered a wager several times. If you really believe you guys will have a more successful season than we do next year, put your money where your mouth is. If you don't want to do money we can do avatars or a signature bet, but so far no one will take it, which says about all that needs to be said about each of our programs currently.

I know I've laid a wager down as to which team would make an NCAA Tournament first that has gone unanswered. What does that say about our two programs? Neither Charlotte nor EZU will do much of any consequence next year, we'll be relying a lot on freshmen, and EZU is EZU. Not to mention you'll be deluded to believe that EZU's 3 wins over non-DI schools means that everyone on the team is an All-American.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 02:14:00 pm

Honestly, it's not an exciting bet to me.  It's not much fun making wagers on poor teams.  "I think my 16-14 will be better than your 15-15 team".  Just doesn't do it for me. 

Most people on here think we'll struggle again this season.  We've basically got 4 guys coming back with experience.  We're still rebuilding.  You're not really telling us anything new. 

Now, having said all of that does not change the fact that we beat ECU by 11 points, with a very bad team, on a neutral court.

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 03:24:59 pm
UNCC was our worst loss of the year and  early. One game in November what's that prove other than you had enough talent to pull an upset.You had several upsets actually but apparently a coach that couldn't get anything consistently. That would concern me more that we could beat Xavier on the high end, and lose to scrubs..I'm not sure it matters who you bring in until he gets his on the job training, if he does. The way you finished the season wouldn't be encouraging either as good coached teams should improve as the season goes.

Our RPI's last year were

#96 ECU
#225 UNCC

Your argument assumes we will have similar type seasons this year which I don't think we will. I don't think you guys do either which is why you still won't take the bet.Prove me wrong.
You know it

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 05:05:39 pm
The way you finished the season wouldn't be encouraging either as good coached teams should improve as the season goes.
SJ, I thought you were far more enamored with our program than this.  The end of our season had more to do with kicking Spears to the curb and Jones becoming academically ineligible than coaching.  Try and keep up.

UNCC was our worst loss of the year and  early.
ECU was our worst win of the year, and early.

I'm not sure it matters who you bring in until he gets his on the job training, if he does.
I can't argue that our coach is learning the HC position as he goes.  I suppose the question is, will he be better at it after 3 seasons and get to the NCAA tournament, or will he go 12 years without making it?  I can assure you that he will not go 12 seasons here without getting there, and his family lives in Indiana so we won't have to keep him.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 10:22:32 pm
UNCC was our worst loss of the year and  early. One game in November what's that prove other than you had enough talent to pull an upset.You had several upsets actually but apparently a coach that couldn't get anything consistently.

Your argument assumes we will have similar type seasons this year which I don't think we will. I don't think you guys do either which is why you still won't take the bet.Prove me wrong.

You missed the part where I admitted that we had a coach with only 3 games under his belt, EVER, when we beat you with one of worse rosters, by 11 on a neutral floor.  Sinking in yet?

As far as this upcoming season, I also mentioned that we are still rebuilding.  So no, I don't think we are going to be very good.  Anything above .500 will be progress.  But not exactly something to go around bragging about or to be excited about placing a wager on.

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 11:51:12 pm
I can't argue that our coach is learning the HC position as he goes.  I suppose the question is, will he be better at it after 3 seasons and get to the NCAA tournament, or will he go 12 years without making it?  I can assure you that he will not go 12 seasons here without getting there, and his family lives in Indiana so we won't have to keep him.

:))  If it were all about past NCAA's you wouldn't have fired Lutz to hire a no body, and we would have hired Lutz after we interviewed him. Sometimes you have to look at the situations and thankfully Terry Holland did. Lutz and UNCC didn't have old-CUSA to recruit to anymore, it was a tougher job, and he showed his lack of ability. You also act like Lebo took over one strong program and stayed there 12 years. He has coached 4 schools in 12 years and every one of them was in the gutter when he took over. Outside of Auburn he rebuilt each of them and got better jobs with in 4 years.

Auburn is the only school he's technically failed and he still almost got them to the NCAA the year before he was fired depsite rebuilding while on probation half the time he was there. He's a good coach and if he keeps turning down BCS jobs like Penn State to stay at ECU there is no doubt he will build a good program here. Meanwhile Major took your program in the opposite direction. Fitting after all the trash you guys talked last year each of our new coaches had two of the biggest turnarounds in the nation.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:54:15 pm by StillJonesing »
You know it

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 01:07:21 am

Auburn is the only school he's technically failed and he still almost got them to the NCAA the year before he was fired depsite rebuilding while on probation half the time he was there. He's a good coach and if he keeps turning down BCS jobs like Penn State to stay at ECU there is no doubt he will build a good program here. Meanwhile Major took your program in the opposite direction. Fitting after all the trash you guys talked last year each of our new coaches had two of the biggest turnarounds in the nation.

Lutz finished 1-7 with a functional team, or .125
Major went 10-20 with almost nothing, or .333

:O :O :O :O :O

SJ, were you the first person to ever graduate EZU a virgin?

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 10:16:00 am
You also act like Lebo took over one strong program and stayed there 12 years. He has coached 4 schools in 12 years and every one of them was in the gutter when he took over. Outside of Auburn he rebuilt each of them and got better jobs with in 4 years.
I don't think you can argue both that Lebo's M.O. is to take a school in the gutter, rebuild it and move on to a better job; and that he will rebuild ECU from the gutter but stay forever while ignoring better jobs.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 10:18:48 am
You also act like Lebo took over one strong program and stayed there 12 years. He has coached 4 schools in 12 years and every one of them was in the gutter when he took over. Outside of Auburn he rebuilt each of them and got better jobs with in 4 years.
I don't think you can argue both that Lebo's M.O. is to take a school in the gutter, rebuild it and move on to a better job; and that he will rebuild ECU from the gutter but stay forever while ignoring better jobs.
It is also a matter of perspective, but in the Niner lexicon "rebuilt" would have to include an NCAA appearance.  Apparently your bar is lower.
#unc-CHeatingPays

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 01:44:51 pm
You guys gave Major a pass last year and are expecting very little this year. Yet I expect we will have an NIT team this season hey and Lebo exceeded my expectations last year too.

Lebo's already got us in the top 100 but I don't expect NCAA's but maybe once and a while down the road and I don't think its reasonable for you either. We aren't in a power conf anymore  and teams that get an at large have to be in the top 40 or so. UNCC doesnt have anywhere near top 40 support or resources yet you expect  your coach to work miracles with tools you never had or have no more.

I can also argue Lebo's probably going to be here a while when he's already turned down a BCS job like I predicted. The guys has a completely different situation than when he was in his early 30's and a hot up an comer.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:04:40 pm by StillJonesing »
You know it

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 02:15:55 pm
I sure as hell hope Major doesn't do so well that he leaves Charlotte for that dream job at ECU. 

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 02:38:26 pm
I sure as hell hope Major doesn't do so well that he leaves Charlotte for that dream job at ECU.

If he even thinks about it we'll incentivize him to stay by offering him a lifetime supply of Push Ups.

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #66 on: July 14, 2011, 12:29:13 am

We paid our coach $150k more than you guys last year, so we might could get him if we wanted. What's funny is you guys tell me you expect NCAA bids which would take about a top 35 rank nationally to get an at large, yet you probably have one of the lowest paid coaches in the A10 I would assume. He would be in our conference. Hey but the guy is supposed to work miracles and get you into the top 35 so you can get an NCAA bid all with in 3 or 4 years without anywhere near that level of facilities, support, resources, or a power conference anymore to recruit to. You guys have delusional expectations.
You know it

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #67 on: July 14, 2011, 02:24:34 am
We paid our coach $150k more than you guys last year, so we might could get him if we wanted.
Damn. That f***ing sucks. Because our $150k cheaper coach beat your $150k more coach on the season series.

I wasn't joking or teasing about the US economy thing. Please, this s*** is troubling me. Make it sound significantly less horrible to me. Please.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #68 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:21 am

We paid our coach $150k more than you guys last year.

lol.  Sounds like Lebo is smarter than ECU. 

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #69 on: July 14, 2011, 10:03:23 am

We paid our coach $150k more than you guys last year, so we might could get him if we wanted. What's funny is you guys tell me you expect NCAA bids which would take about a top 35 rank nationally to get an at large, yet you probably have one of the lowest paid coaches in the A10 I would assume. He would be in our conference. Hey but the guy is supposed to work miracles and get you into the top 35 so you can get an NCAA bid all with in 3 or 4 years without anywhere near that level of facilities, support, resources, or a power conference anymore to recruit to. You guys have delusional expectations.

Every time that I think you've written the dumbest thing that you possibly could you...just...keep...typing...

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #70 on: July 14, 2011, 12:07:20 pm

So what you're saying is that you overpaid for your coach.  I don't know that I would go around bragging about that.

Delusional...the words "ECU" and "basketball" in the same sentence.
  :)) :)) :))

PARMAN

• Sophomore
Reply #71 on: July 17, 2011, 02:19:57 pm

I heard from my a friend of my neighbor's barber's sister-in-law who heard from a co-worker's son's teacher that Major's coaching goal is to land the head coaching position at ECU.  I doubt there is much we can do if that fine and outstanding coaching position at ECU is offered to him.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #72 on: September 01, 2011, 10:46:56 pm
I still haven't gone to the store to look for Push Ups. I hope they have grape flavored ones.

I have a freezer full of freeze pops.

I also have your pole.  I'm not going to specify what kind... we'll just keep it entertaining for stilljuvenilleenoughtofindthatfunny.
DUCK FAVIDSON

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos