Author Topic: Show off your ff team here  (Read 10838 times)

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 06:18:43 pm
12 team PPR unfortunately not with morons.  Still owned my auction though. 

QB Tony Romo 21
 RB LeSean McCoy 59
 RB Matt Forte 29
 RB/WR Knowshon Moreno 22
 WR/TE Mario Manningham 17
 WR/TE Danny Amendola 5
 WR/TE Austin Collie 14
 D/ST Saints D/ST 1
 K Nate Kaeding 1
 BE Jordy Nelson 3
 BE Jahvid Best 20
 BE Sam Bradford 4
 BE Ronnie Brown 1
 BE Antonio Brown 1
 BE Emmanuel Sanders 1
 BE Mike Williams 1

Either Brown or Sanders is going to break out huge this year.  Not sure which one yet...

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 09:05:56 pm
12 team PPR unfortunately not with morons.  Still owned my auction though. 

QB Tony Romo 21
 RB LeSean McCoy 59
 RB Matt Forte 29
 RB/WR Knowshon Moreno 22
 WR/TE Mario Manningham 17
 WR/TE Danny Amendola 5
 WR/TE Austin Collie 14
 D/ST Saints D/ST 1
 K Nate Kaeding 1
 BE Jordy Nelson 3
 BE Jahvid Best 20
 BE Sam Bradford 4
 BE Ronnie Brown 1
 BE Antonio Brown 1
 BE Emmanuel Sanders 1
 BE Mike Williams 1

Either Brown or Sanders is going to break out huge this year.  Not sure which one yet...
I think it will be Brown, Sanders can't seem to get healthy and Brown has been taking big time advantage of it so far.  But you are right, one of these two will be the second most productive receiver for the Steelers, same spot Mike Wallace was in two years ago, great spot to be in that offense.

Dowless

Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 10:11:55 pm
12 team league, 2 players per position max, snake draft where I drafted 2nd.

QB       J. Flacco
QB      C. Henne
RB       A. Peterson
RB       M. Forte
WR      A. Johnson
WR      B. Lloyd
TE        J. Finley
TE       A. Hernandez
K         D. Carpenter
K         J. Hansen
DEF     NE
DEF     MIA

Are you a miami fan?

How did you guess?  It broke my heart to draft those Patriots.

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 11:23:47 am
12-team, normal scoring auction:
QB - Freeman
RB - McFadden
RB - Deangelo Williams
RB/WR/TE - Ryan Matthews
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Mario Manningham
TE - Antonio Gates
D - Dolphins
K - Dan Carpenter
B - Stafford
B - Addai
B - Cadillac Williams
B - Lee Evans
B - Antonio Brown
B - Todd Heap

Not too thrilled with my RBs, but I always seem to get killed by the required 3 WR starters, so I made sure to cover that this year.  Usually don't go big on the TEs, but I couldn't pass up Gates at that price, hopefully I have 3 top 20 WRs and a top 2-3 TE, if I get lucky at RB I might be alright.

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
    • University Name Change Campaign
Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 08:39:57 am
My QB situation in one of my leagues is terrible. I have Tebo on the bench (bye) and will probably start him next week. I'm looking at Schaub vs. Ravens or Cutler vs. Vikings this week. Yeah, it's bad. Not sure who to start.
(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

(10:25:26) NLP49: Dude, you're not Hooner. Only Hooner is.
(10:25:32) NLP49: And even he doesn't rub it in our faces.

(11:59:07) Charlotte2002: hooner's honesty is admirable

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 08:45:21 am
My QB situation in one of my leagues is terrible. I have Tebo on the bench (bye) and will probably start him next week. I'm looking at Schaub vs. Ravens or Cutler vs. Vikings this week. Yeah, it's bad. Not sure who to start.

Pick up Alex Smith

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 09:17:09 am

Pick up Alex Smith

He's not a good start this week either.  Detroit is 4th in fantasy points given up to QB's, and Josh Morgan, the 49ers best deep threat, broke his ankle last week and is done for the year.

Andy Dalton is playing against the Colts this week.  He's still available in most leagues.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:19:57 am by X-49er »
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 09:32:24 am

Pick up Alex Smith

He's not a good start this week either.  Detroit is 4th in fantasy points given up to QB's, and Josh Morgan, the 49ers best deep threat, broke his ankle last week and is done for the year.

Andy Dalton is playing against the Colts this week.  He's still available in most leagues.

Detroit has played tampa, chicago, KC, min, and dallas. 3 of those games detroit gave up 20+ points. They stopped KC and Chicago. Not saying much. However, their defense is very good so I think Alex will have to throw more to win this game. Morgan is not their best deep threat, he has one TD this year. He was Alex's security blanket. I wouldn't mind Dalton, but for the long haul you have to look at the division. San Fran still plays 5 division games and we all know how pathetic that division is. Dalton has to play Bal and Steel twice each.

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:13 am

Pick up Alex Smith

Detroit has played tampa, chicago, KC, min, and dallas. 3 of those games detroit gave up 20+ points. They stopped KC and Chicago. Not saying much. However, their defense is very good so I think Alex will have to throw more to win this game. Morgan is not their best deep threat, he has one TD this year. He was Alex's security blanket. I wouldn't mind Dalton, but for the long haul you have to look at the division. San Fran still plays 5 division games and we all know how pathetic that division is. Dalton has to play Bal and Steel twice each.

He wasn't talking about "the long haul".  He's asking about who to start THIS week because he's got a tough matchup with Schaub, and his backup is Cutler (whom I dropped in a league last week for Dalton).
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:16 am
...and my point was he needs to think about the long haul. Schaub is up and down, Cutler sucks, and Tebow...who knows. I do know I would never have 3 Qb's on my roster. I dropped Cutler for Smith lol. Just a difference of opinion no big deal...but if it was me and he wanted three Qb's, why not have Schuab, Smith, and Dalton. Regardless, Cutler needs to be in free agency asap.

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 10:17:53 am
...and my point was he needs to think about the long haul. Schaub is up and down, Cutler sucks, and Tebow...who knows. I do know I would never have 3 Qb's on my roster. I dropped Cutler for Smith lol. Just a difference of opinion no big deal...but if it was me and he wanted three Qb's, why not have Schuab, Smith, and Dalton. Regardless, Cutler needs to be in free agency asap.

Schaub will be fine when/if he gets Johnson back.  That division might be weaker than the NFC West this year.  Sam Bradford is another QB to consider for the 2nd half of the season.  They have had a tough schedule thus far, but it softens up greatly in a couple of weeks.  I'm going to play matchup with him and Dalton down the stretch (the 49ers fan in my league has already snatched Smith).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:19:45 am by X-49er »

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 07:41:21 am
10 Team PPR - Dollar Value Represents Price Paid at Auction

1   Adrian Peterson, Min RB     $56
10   Jamaal Charles, KC RB     $45
33   A.J. Green, Cin WR     $38
34   Cam Newton, Car QB     $24
41   Russell Wilson, Sea QB     $6
56   Rob Gronkowski*, NE TE     $15
79   Ryan Mathews, SD RB     $7
127   Rueben Randle, NYG WR     $1
135   Isaac Redman, Pit RB     $1
141   Malcom Floyd, SD WR     $1
150   Martellus Bennett, Chi TE     $1
153   Packers D/ST D/ST     $1
156   Austin Collie, SF WR     $1
158   Dan Bailey, Dal K     $1
159   Brandon Lloyd, FA WR     $1
160   Jonathan Dwyer, Pit RB     $1

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 09:08:20 am

1   Adrian Peterson, Min RB     $56
10   Jamaal Charles, KC RB     $45
33   A.J. Green, Cin WR     $38
34   Cam Newton, Car QB     $24
41   Russell Wilson, Sea QB     $6
56   Rob Gronkowski*, NE TE     $15
79   Ryan Mathews, SD RB     $7
127   Rueben Randle, NYG WR     $1
135   Isaac Redman, Pit RB     $1
141   Malcom Floyd, SD WR     $1
150   Martellus Bennett, Chi TE     $1
153   Packers D/ST D/ST     $1
156   Austin Collie, SF WR     $1
158   Dan Bailey, Dal K     $1
159   Brandon Lloyd, FA WR     $1
160   Jonathan Dwyer, Pit RB     $1

Now that Bell is hurt Dwyer at $1 was a steal.

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 09:15:15 am

1   Adrian Peterson, Min RB     $56
10   Jamaal Charles, KC RB     $45
33   A.J. Green, Cin WR     $38
34   Cam Newton, Car QB     $24
41   Russell Wilson, Sea QB     $6
56   Rob Gronkowski*, NE TE     $15
79   Ryan Mathews, SD RB     $7
127   Rueben Randle, NYG WR     $1
135   Isaac Redman, Pit RB     $1
141   Malcom Floyd, SD WR     $1
150   Martellus Bennett, Chi TE     $1
153   Packers D/ST D/ST     $1
156   Austin Collie, SF WR     $1
158   Dan Bailey, Dal K     $1
159   Brandon Lloyd, FA WR     $1
160   Jonathan Dwyer, Pit RB     $1

This is extremely similar to my team last year.  Cam and Wilson were beastly for me in the second half.  If they keep it up, you'll be thrilled with that tandem.
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 09:24:43 am
Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
James Jones
Roddy White
Eric Decker
Greg Olsen
Broncos D/ST
Matt Bryant
DeMarco Murray
Joe Flacco
Jermichael Finley
Vincent Brown
Panthers D/ST (looking like a good pick up after the D's performance against the Ravens last night)
Michael Bush
Darrius Heyward-Bey

nctim

• Walk On
Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 11:33:48 am
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 R/W/T, 1 D
10 Team, All FBS League

Starters:

QB:  Jordan Lynch, NIU
RB:   Beau Blankenship, Ohio
        Jamaal Williams, BYU
        Brandan Bigelow, Cal
WR:  Jamison Crowder, Duke
        Alex Neutz, Buffalo
        Eric Ward, TTU
TE:   Gator Hoskins, Marshall
K:     Alejandro Maldonado, Oregon
D:     Florida State

Reserves:

QB:   Devin Gardner, Michigan
RB:   Greg Bryant, Notre Dame
        Jawon Chisholm, Akron
WR:  Allen Robinson, Penn State
        Dawan Scott, Miami (Ohio)
D:    Virginia Tech

Can't wait for 2015 to draft some Charlotte players

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 11:48:10 am
QB-Normbulance
KR-Scotty too Hotty
Defense-CPip
RB-Niner Advocate
WR-Niner National
WR-JFelt
OL-Gill
Coach-Hot Rod

CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 04:37:01 pm
What do you guys think about Sudfeld?  Worth something while Gronk is out?  Given that I have Gronk should I gamble on him and drop Lloyd?

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 06:12:03 pm
Have the 10th pick in a 10 team league. I plan on going RB RB with the 10th and 11th pick unless Calvin Johnson is there then I'll go RB WR. Would anyone pick TE Graham with either of the picks? I normally wouldn't and end up with a TE that gets me 1-5 points.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #44 on: August 24, 2013, 09:26:49 pm
Have the 10th pick in a 10 team league. I plan on going RB RB with the 10th and 11th pick unless Calvin Johnson is there then I'll go RB WR. Would anyone pick TE Graham with either of the picks? I normally wouldn't and end up with a TE that gets me 1-5 points.

I don't think getting Graham at 11 is a terrible pick if you have to start a TE.  Probably would depend on the RB you get at 10 too.  But I think you can still get a decent RB and WR at 30 and 31.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #45 on: August 24, 2013, 09:29:25 pm
What do you guys think of taking Calvin Johnson at 4?  I normally wouldn't want to do that.  But it seems the depth of the top tier RBs is much deeper than the top tier WRs.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #46 on: August 24, 2013, 10:30:07 pm
What do you guys think of taking Calvin Johnson at 4?  I normally wouldn't want to do that.  But it seems the depth of the top tier RBs is much deeper than the top tier WRs.
I'd DEF pick a RB with the 4th pick. The depth may be a little deeper but will a top tier RB be there with your 17th pick? I wouldn't think so. I think there's maybe 8 elite RB that stand out from the others.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #47 on: August 25, 2013, 12:31:37 pm
Yeah, it's a tough call.  I see the depth more like top tier RBs at about 15.  While the depth of top tier receivers around 8.  After that their are still some good receivers but it seems they are in systems which have multiple good receivers.  Like Roddy White, Victor Cruz and Wes Welker.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #48 on: August 25, 2013, 03:43:32 pm
Then you would be saying Stephen Jackson is elite. I would actually list him as 2nd tier. There's so many different opinions maybe Calvin Williams has another great year, but I would still think a top tier RB and a 2nd tier WR will get you more points than a 1st tier WR and 2nd/3rd tier RB. Who knows. If I'm undecided I look at "expert" picks to see where they are picking whom and try to weigh that into my decision.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #49 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:15 pm
Calvin went 3rd.  So I didn't have to make the decision after all.  People really scared off of Charles and Foster.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos