Author Topic: Trade Advice  (Read 2020 times)

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
on: October 18, 2011, 01:22:57 pm
Trade Miles Austin/Shonn Greene for Ryan Matthews/Mike Williams?

My other RBs: Michael Turner, Daniel Thomas, Jackie Battle

My other WRs: Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Pierre Garcon, Brand Lloyd, and Nate Washington

Is getting a possible top-10 RB worth trading a consistent stud WR? I'm on the fence especially with Matthews' durability.

felytle

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 01:37:03 pm
i think u are giving away a little to much. its the right idea. u have the need for a rb and have the depth at wr. i would say either shoot a little higher than ryan mattews or get back a better comp player cause tampa mike is worthless at this point.

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 01:55:20 pm
Trade Miles Austin/Shonn Greene for Ryan Matthews/Mike Williams?

My other RBs: Michael Turner, Daniel Thomas, Jackie Battle

My other WRs: Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Pierre Garcon, Brand Lloyd, and Nate Washington

Is getting a possible top-10 RB worth trading a consistent stud WR? I'm on the fence especially with Matthews' durability.

PPR League?  And is this the Mike Williams in Tampa?

If it's a PPR league, I would jump on it.  Matthews catches a lot of passes out of the backfield, and Williams looked better this past week against a good Saints team after having a slow start to the season.  If it's not a PPR league, I probably would not because the Chargers use Tolbert more in goal line situations and Austin is more of a TD threat than either Williams or Matthews.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 02:02:11 pm
Sorry, no ppr and it's tampa mike williams.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:52:17 pm
i think u are giving away a little to much. its the right idea. u have the need for a rb and have the depth at wr. i would say either shoot a little higher than ryan mattews or get back a better comp player cause tampa mike is worthless at this point.

This.  I'd probably try get a little better player for Austin.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

49erMatt

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:25:27 pm
Guys, needs some help.

I'm being offered P Hillis for M Stafford. I have J Best M Ingrim, J Battle and Ray Rice as my RB's. Oh and Stafford is my backup QB to Drew Brees. Would you guys take the deal?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:27:19 pm by 49erMatt »

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:03:16 pm
Guys, needs some help.

I'm being offered P Hillis for M Stafford. I have J Best M Ingrim, J Battle and Ray Rice as my RB's. Oh and Stafford is my backup QB to Drew Brees. Would you guys take the deal?

Hillis has been horrible this season.  You can get better than that for Stafford.  If you're determined to do the deal, make sure there is a decent backup available for the Saints bye week (Week 11).
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos