Author Topic: SMOKE: Jim Utter tweated: "I hear bidness is about to pick up" -Coaching Change?  (Read 33397 times)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Major fired?  Seriously doubt it.  Transfers? Seriously believe it. Happiness in 49er Land?  Impossible.

Would I shed a tear if Major was let go?  No - absolutely not.  Will I get pissed if he is still here?  Absolutely not.  I am just about as middle of the road as possible with Major. 

Mahna Mahna

Max Power

• Assistant Coach
Ahhh... March Madness. That special time of year when things get really crazy in Niner Nation with endless rumors of firing coaches and transferring players.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
"Bidness" isn't even a real word.

LOL

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

Dowless

I only see one player possibly transferring and it would be good for him if they parted ways.  I don't see Major or his staff leaving with a bad taste in their mouths and good recruits coming in.  Too much money along with promise in Thorne and new recruits for the program to release Major.  My guess is when the players start performing at higher levels then Major will miraculously become a good coach.  If that doesn't happen next year and Major is s*** canned then the next coach will probably look like a genius.   

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
"Tweated".  :o
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

9erken

• Senior Captain
Well in that case...I would like to say thanks to Jimmie for considering the Charlotte job a "High level Division 1 job".

I would like to thank SOMEONE for posting SOMETHING about getting SOMEONE fired.

I would also like to thank SOMEONE for mentioning they saw SOMETHING on rivals about coaching changes.
I'll have to admit, I laughed about these parts. Braswell's sister said something? Oh, it wasn't even her, but someone named Jimmie posting at her. We all know somebody saying something to family members is SOMETHING.

Someone posted something on the internet about someone? There's smoke alright.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Major Payne "Bid ness is goooooood"

cibik02

• Head Coach
I only see one player possibly transferring and it would be good for him if they parted ways.  I don't see Major or his staff leaving with a bad taste in their mouths and good recruits coming in.  Too much money along with promise in Thorne and new recruits for the program to release Major.  My guess is when the players start performing at higher levels then Major will miraculously become a good coach.  If that doesn't happen next year and Major is s*** canned then the next coach will probably look like a genius.

who Bradburry?

I don't see anyone transferring.  Now, I bet MAJORITY wish they could have transferred before the season.  Braswell maybe at the top of the list. Him not having help down low is a shame.  Next year hopefully Major doesn't sent him out there to sail the ship solo.

There's a reason why big men down low normally have a higher FG%... cuz they shoot 2 feet from the goal.  Imagine if we had 2 Braswells under the basket at the same time.  What would our record be then?  It would sure help our horrific FG%.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:04:02 pm by cibik02 »

cibik02

• Head Coach
"Bidness" isn't even a real word.

LOL

then explain how come i be handlin mines all day.

Lutz4Life

• Sophomore
FWIW which is not much but still.. Braz sis did tweet twice about Major and "Jimmie" RTd them. Once about Major being consistent. Consistently shitty. And once sayin he should be handed his pink slip.

Again not that it matters wtf she tweets but she tweeted it
Quote from SalukiTalk.Net

PatokaSaluki:
"Theres a difference. There is no parity like there is between us and SLU, where we exchange home wins, Charlotte just pretty much owns us no matter where the game is."
:49ers:

sokool

• Sophomore

Braz could be the first to go: Relationship with Major terrible
                                          Major has benched him twice
                                          No chance of NCAA's senior year here
                                          Chance to play natural position
                                          Chance to play on a winner
                                          Coveted by many schools in DMV
                                          Redshirt year available
                                          Parental medical concerns an issue

Keep Watching ;)

Dowless

who Bradburry?

I don't see anyone transferring.  Now, I bet MAJORITY wish they could have transferred before the season.  Braswell maybe at the top of the list. Him not having help down low is a shame.  Next year hopefully Major doesn't sent him out there to sail the ship solo.

There's a reason why big men down low normally have a higher FG%... cuz they shoot 2 feet from the goal.  Imagine if we had 2 Braswells under the basket at the same time.  What would our record be then?  It would sure help our horrific FG%.
I was thinking Deuce as a "possible" transfer.  That would make sense to me if I were him looking from the outside in.  Braswell has gotten so much better working under Major whether that is coaching or just individual development no one knows.  Braswell will be paired with Thorne, Clayton, and Clark next season.  A good chance Baswell averages 20+ with having better post players around him.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior

Redshirt year available

Keep Watching ;)

--Is it known he hates Major?
--Braswell has missed one game the past two seasons and he had the flu/sick
--Every school has a chance at the NCAAs, remote or not
--How many schools are in the division of motor vehicles?

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
None of this can be counted on as fact until MomBeasy weighs in.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
I was thinking Deuce as a "possible" transfer.  That would make sense to me if I were him looking from the outside in.  Braswell has gotten so much better working under Major whether that is coaching or just individual development no one knows.  Braswell will be paired with Thorne, Clayton, and Clark next season.  A good chance Baswell averages 20+ with having better post players around him.
Ignoring the freshmen (including Thorne) since they are unknown, I really think Braz and Bear on the court at the same time is something we should consider more.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
If Bras was going to transfer, why not do it prior to this season?  Doesn't make much sense.

sokool

• Sophomore

Redshirt year available

Keep Watching ;)

Braz has every reason and right to go play where he can be a winner. He didn't sign up for a rebuilding program. His snub as a 3rd teamer is a direct result of the lack of respect Major and our program get around the league.

Family situation and the opportunity to at least sniff the NCAA's will be a MAJOR draw to another program.

Honest Niner

• Junior

Redshirt year available

Keep Watching ;)

Braz has every reason and right to go play where he can be a winner. He didn't sign up for a rebuilding program. His snub as a 3rd teamer is a direct result of the lack of respect Major and our program get around the league.

Family situation and the opportunity to at least sniff the NCAA's will be a MAJOR draw to another program.

Most programs would not be willing to tie up a schollie for two years inorder to get one year of play time. I agree that if Braz was going to do it he was going to do it after last season. Also his snub has more to do with Nicholson being ridic than any level of "disrespect".

cibik02

• Head Coach
If Bras was going to transfer, why not do it prior to this season?  Doesn't make much sense.

i would be veryyyy surprised.

a guy getting all the minutes and shots he wants.. the STAR of the team, how often does he transfer after his Junior year?

sokool

• Sophomore

Redshirt year available

Keep Watching ;)

Most programs would not be willing to tie up a schollie for two years inorder to get one year of play time. I agree that if Braz was going to do it he was going to do it after last season. Also his snub has more to do with Nicholson being ridic than any level of "disrespect".

Thats normally true, but there are plenty of schools who lobby 2 for 1 to get a player of Braz stature. (Loyola Md NCAA tourney team MAAC)would be thrilled to have Braz and Deuce for 1 year. Braz has family med issues at home which NCAA grants waivers for all the time.

Nich deserved 1st team Braz deserved at least second team. His value was undermined by the performance of our program. Period.

Major will have to re-recruit Braz to get him to stay. To many reasons and opportunities for him to go elsewhere and enjoy his senior year as opposed to making sacrifices for a coach that shows no loyalty to his seniors.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director

That was my first thought, although I am worried since he has blasted the HC via social media and then there are family health issues that came up this season.

I really don't want to think about this team next year without Braswell.

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Braz has family med issues at home which NCAA grants waivers for all the time.

Those are very few and far between.  Shamari's grandma had some medical problems if memory serves correctly and that was the reason given for him leaving BC and coming closer to home.  He still had to sit out a year. 

The only way Braz would transfer/leave is if he is on pace to graduate this spring or summer and can use the graduate school loophole that the NCAA has now where he could go to another school without having to sit out a year.  If he has ANY pro asperations he's not going to sit out a year this close to getting a payday.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:42:18 pm by X-49er »
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

Reverend

• Walk On
Could the "bidness" be about naming our football stadium and new conference affiliation?.......HMM! ::)

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Thats normally true, but there are plenty of schools who lobby 2 for 1 to get a player of Braz stature. (Loyola Md NCAA tourney team MAAC)would be thrilled to have Braz and Deuce for 1 year. Braz has family med issues at home which NCAA grants waivers for all the time.
Lol, you're a trip, sokool. (My opinion on whether Loyola would want Deuce or not is not why I'm laughing.)

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

Niner National

• Athletic Director
If Bras has to sit out a year, I don't see him transferring anywhere.

He's almost as old as I am and I graduated in 2009. I doubt he wants to be a 26 year old college graduate, especially when he could go clean up in Europe.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos