Author Topic: Rising on 9/5 - Wilson's World  (Read 9215 times)

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 10:58:33 pm
Gee, where I work they stagger lunches, so we have the phones covered from 12-1.  What a novel concept?
And backing up what NWA said, it is unprofessional to tell your spouse and underlings to cheer like it's a ball game before and after every commercial break so it looks like you have more support than you do.  If a bank Ceo did that, the media would crucify that Ceo.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

PARMAN

• Sophomore
Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 12:05:50 am

I think some of the "concerned citizens" of NNN should volunteer to answer phones at the AD to ensure messages are properly received.  They are obviously inadequate in this regard and until Judy Rose retires these communication breakdowns will happen often and likely increase in frequency. 

I think you are the perfect candidate to head this up. Your expertise in numerous fields should provide the necessary knowledge to carry out this important task.

Niner_Alum_2000

Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 08:50:52 am
I'm not sure that we should have an FBS team if we can't afford someone to answer the phones.  This sounds like they are running a multi-million dollar operation like a blueberry farm. I mean are there really requests for people to volunteer to answer the phone.  That's pathetic.

49r9r

• Head Coach
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:45:36 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 06:09:54 pm
Wilson heard back from the school finally - we are a go!  Friday morning!  Please come join us!
Mahna Mahna

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 11:52:11 am
NWA, I have a few questions for those of us that are interested in coming that have never been to one of these events. Where is the event happening? What time should we arrive? And do you know what the parking situation is going to be like?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 12:57:31 pm
NWA, I have a few questions for those of us that are interested in coming that have never been to one of these events. Where is the event happening? What time should we arrive? And do you know what the parking situation is going to be like?

Thanks for asking - kinda dropping the ball there aren't I?

Assuming we do this where we did last year it will be the opposite end of the field house in the lot around the stadium.
First live shot is at 6AM - I am aiming to be there around 5:30.  Parking at that hour is easy.  By the time the lot start filling up we will be out. 
Last live shot is at 9:30AM.

For anyone interested I think I will grab lunch at Hickory Tavern to eat in remembrance where it all started.
Mahna Mahna

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 08:26:28 pm
Bump - this is tomorrow, its early but its fun
Mahna Mahna

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 12:12:28 pm
Good crowd out this morning.  Wilson talked to Lambert, Judy, band director, student body pres, a few other students and some alums.  AD did a better job than in the past of making use of the airtime.  Ambulance broke down on the way out - same damn belt issue - but I was able to make it out with Tricky and we represented NinerNation along with 49erAlumnus and ItsBraille.  Thanks for coming guys!
Mahna Mahna

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #34 on: September 05, 2014, 01:03:58 pm
Good to hear.  If there is a option to view archived online, please post.  Thanks!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Mahna Mahna

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 02:10:56 pm
thanks

emf

• Senior
Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 02:48:25 pm
My takeaways:
1. Cheerleaders and Dusters think Wilson is a boring old man
2. Judy said 13,500 tickets sold so far, but gave no context of how many remained to those not familiar with the program, expected "strong walkup"... also, people shouldn't eat both breakfast and lunch at tailgates
3. We might see preview of marching band uniforms at Homecoming, if not then, Spring Game
4. Groundbreaking for marching band facility in October
5. Expect 150 member band
6. NWA needs a 454 motor :)

I know it was early on a Friday morning, but kinda wish the crowd was larger from what I could tell from the photos.  I saw the cheer squads, talking heads, and about 4 students and 4 alums.  And Norm.

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 02:58:23 pm
My takeaways:
2. Judy said 13,500 tickets sold so far, but gave no context of how many remained to those not familiar with the program, expected "strong walkup"... also, people shouldn't eat both breakfast and lunch at tailgates
3. We might see preview of marching band uniforms at Homecoming, if not then, Spring Game

I know it was early on a Friday morning, but kinda wish the crowd was larger from what I could tell from the photos.  I saw the cheer squads, talking heads, and about 4 students and 4 alums.  And Norm.

Eh? What does that mean?

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 03:00:28 pm
My takeaways:

Eh? What does that mean?

Its like apple pie......

emf

• Senior
Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 03:01:31 pm
My takeaways:

Eh? What does that mean?
Just summarizing what I heard in the 14 minute video. Oh, just saw the highlighted text... yeah, guess Judy was talking to some folks and they were telling her about breakfast casseroles and lunch at 11 and she said "that's a lot of food!"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:03:17 pm by emf »

cltniners

Reply #41 on: September 05, 2014, 05:07:38 pm
http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454-r.html

clt provides the next normbulance engine, we just need funds.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 05:43:01 pm
http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454-r.html

clt provides the next normbulance engine, we just need funds.

A $24K engine in a $4K Ambulance.........................sounds legit!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos