Author Topic: Post your emails to the AD here:  (Read 13974 times)

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #150 on: December 15, 2017, 04:43:49 pm
Billboards around downtown Charlotte....For the average person (+ the media) to see every day....I love the irony of us having fireJudy boards while the school does almost zero marketing.

bowlermatt1

• Walk On
Reply #151 on: December 15, 2017, 08:05:10 pm
Chancellor Dubois,

The dismissal of Mark Price yesterday, mid-season through his 3rd year as head coach of the Charlotte 49ers MBB team is another stellar example of how Judy Rose is incapable of running the athletic department. Her last 15 years have been a complete, abysmal and objective failure. She is not equipped to lead another head coach search and her abilities to make judgements are severely flawed. 

Just so that it's clear, I do not question her intent to do what's best for Charlotte. I whole heartedly believe she thinks she is making the decisions that are best for the university's athletic department and the campus as a whole. I do, however, question her ability to make these decisions and to be the transformational leader that UNC Charlotte needs right now.

The #FireJudyRose campaign will only get more heated from here on. Her classless mid-season dismissal of Mark Price yesterday will only intensify local coverage into national coverage. Her legacy will be ruined. Her feelings will be hurt. Your feelings might be hurt. The University will be hurt. This is not the route that anyone of us wants, but it's the one that must occur if you continue to refuse to convince Judy that it's time to separate from our athletic program.

Make the decisions that must be made.

Regards,
Matt

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Matt Murrow <mmurrow1@gmail.com> wrote:
Chancellor Dubois,

"We must dare to be great: and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage" -President Theodore Roosevelt

I come to you as a graduate of the UNC Charlotte class of 2014 and as a loyal supporter of Charlotte 49ers athletics. Throughout my undergraduate career, there was nothing that got me more excited than Charlotte 49ers basketball in Halton Arena. In those years as a student, I missed a total of 6 home basketball games and would plan my class schedule around the basketball schedule. In 2012, I spent $2,000 of my hard earned money as a summer intern to purchase FSL tickets in section 109. My name is on the statue in front of Jerry Richardson Stadium. 

As a current resident of NJ/NYC, I traveled to Charlotte twice this season from NYC for Charlotte 49ers football games, those being the home opener against NC A&T and Homecoming against UAB. I currently serve as a member of the Belk College Alumni Council and I truly love being able to engage with my University as an alumni. Having said all of this, I am done with Charlotte 49ers athletics until significant changes are made within the Athletic Department, namely the resignation or retirement of Judy Rose as Athletic Director.

I could name all the specific reasons why Judy should resign or retire (49er Club donations, post season appearances across the 17 sports, her unprofessionalism in handling critical feedback of her performance, AD reliance on student fees), but I'm sure other alumni have emailed you all the data points that have been compiled. In any other major D1 program, her record of performance would not be accepted for this duration, 27 years. From contract mismanagement to coaching selections to the lack of foresight of conference realignment, there have been major failures at every key factor which determines the success of our program.

Now, I understand and acknowledge that the role of D1 Athletic Director is a complex job with many different constituents and responsibilities, many being ones that are unseen by even the most engaged alumni and students. On the most important key metrics though, the athletic department is a shadow of its once former self. Judy should take this opportunity to retire before the alumni movement destroys any shred of legacy she has left.

This alumni movement is coming to a boiling point. The guys over at Bring Back the Buzz are printing Fire Judy shirts, Twitter is aflame (https://twitter.com/hashtag/FireJudyRose?src=hash), and the media coverage is starting to intensify. I'm sure you saw the #FireJudyRose signs and heard the chants at the Charlotte v WF basketball game tonight. Take this opportunity for Judy to retire. It's in her best interest and the University's best interest.

Charlotte deserves better. The student body deserves better. The alumni deserve better.

Now is the time for change, sacrifice and high courage. Dare to be great. Make the decisions that must be made.

Stay Green & Go Niners!
Matthew G. Murrow, Class of 2014, Belk College of Business
FSL Owner since 2013

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #152 on: December 16, 2017, 07:05:07 am
 clt says we have smart fans on this chat page.

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #153 on: December 16, 2017, 10:10:31 am
has anyone rec'd any sort of a reply??

I know 1 person got the reply "would you rather us be Louisville?"

my answer would be: Yes
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:12:41 am by punchdrunk »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #154 on: December 16, 2017, 10:49:53 am

If chapel hill Phil gives anyone else this same shallow reply, they need to respond with YES, LOUISVILLE HAS A MED SCHOOL.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #155 on: December 16, 2017, 12:09:16 pm

If chapel hill Phil gives anyone else this same shallow reply, they need to respond with YES, LOUISVILLE HAS A MED SCHOOL.

They arenít the University of Kentucky at Louisville either.

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #156 on: December 31, 2017, 12:40:19 am

Dear Chancellor,

I am a 1990 graduate of the William States Lee College of Engineering, but my formative years were during the 1974-1983 years of college basketball dominance by the ACC. Despite this, my wife and I enjoyed a great run during and after my college days at UNCC and we have so many great memories of our successes of that time. We are DIEHARD college basketball fans and our memories are steeped in the Jeff Mullins/Bobby Lutz years of Charlotte men's basketball success. This led us to jump right into the 49er Club w/season tickets upon my graduation and I/we have maintained participation in the 49er Club to date.

My wife and I have been supporters of this university for 27 years. We have supported the the Athletic Foundation, the Charles Hayward Fund, the Men's Basketball team, and the Football team. We have been MBB season ticket holders since 1992 and purchased 4 FSLs in 2013. Inclusive of 2017, we've been responsible for upwards of $65k in financial support of this school. Since 2005, we've endured a lot of ups and downs and, while we understand that athletic program success comes and goes, we haven't seen an upward trend in many of the athletic programs since 2010.  Our Men's and Women's basketball teams have performed marginally during this time (save from the 2010 and 2012 WBB seasons) and the football team has failed to show significant improvement during its first five years despite competing in a weak conference. We have attended all football and basketball games this year, although we left many games by halftime after disgust, most notably our only football win versus UAB and our MBB game against Wake Forest.

My wife and I are at or nearing retirement age, and with that, our six-figure income along with other financial instruments have been available for the support of this university. However, we clearly see that there is a common denominator to the lack of success of 49er Athletics and that is the current Athletic Director, Judy Rose. While we realize that she doesn't coach teams, she IS responsible for the hiring of coaches and supporting staffs that are under performing. Judy has done a remarkable job as an ambassador of our university w.r.t. athletic leadership since 1990. Nonetheless, we are less than confident in her ability to manage these programs successfully going forward. As such, you can NOT count on our support of the athletic programs in the future until a change in leadership is made.

The ball is now in your court Chancellor. Please encourage our Athletic Director to resign while she still has a somewhat positive legacy to leave with this proud institution.

Best Regards,

Tony Poovey P.E.
Classes of 1990/92
xxx-xxx-xxxx
49erClub rank - (look me up)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 12:47:21 am by MEGRNiner »

Reverend

• Walk On
Reply #157 on: December 31, 2017, 09:12:59 am
Nice letter Poovdog!  Too nice however.  :-*  I thought you were a 1980 graduate.

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #158 on: December 31, 2017, 09:23:20 am
I graduated from "Harvard on the Highway" in 1980.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #159 on: December 31, 2017, 10:09:56 am
Thatís a strong letter, will be interesting to see if he takes his typical demeaning tone with that one.

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #160 on: December 31, 2017, 10:18:11 am
"look me up"   ;D

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #161 on: December 31, 2017, 12:31:48 pm
I sent one short and sweet yesterday that wasn't as nice.

Basically I said thanks for turning our entire identity into an embarrassment.  I said coming from where we were from 95-05...that's quite an accomplishment and took a lot of work and effort to get us to this point.

They should be proud.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #162 on: December 31, 2017, 12:42:25 pm
I sent one short and sweet yesterday that wasn't as nice.

Basically I said thanks for turning our entire identity into an embarrassment.  I said coming from where we were from 95-05...that's quite an accomplishment and took a lot of work and effort to get us to this point.

They should be proud.

And that is most accurate description there is.  This was all done on purpose

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #163 on: December 31, 2017, 12:46:40 pm

Dear Chancellor,

I am a 1990 graduate of the William States Lee College of Engineering, but my formative years were during the 1974-1983 years of college basketball dominance by the ACC. Despite this, my wife and I enjoyed a great run during and after my college days at UNCC and we have so many great memories of our successes of that time. We are DIEHARD college basketball fans and our memories are steeped in the Jeff Mullins/Bobby Lutz years of Charlotte men's basketball success. This led us to jump right into the 49er Club w/season tickets upon my graduation and I/we have maintained participation in the 49er Club to date.

My wife and I have been supporters of this university for 27 years. We have supported the the Athletic Foundation, the Charles Hayward Fund, the Men's Basketball team, and the Football team. We have been MBB season ticket holders since 1992 and purchased 4 FSLs in 2013. Inclusive of 2017, we've been responsible for upwards of $65k in financial support of this school. Since 2005, we've endured a lot of ups and downs and, while we understand that athletic program success comes and goes, we haven't seen an upward trend in many of the athletic programs since 2010.  Our Men's and Women's basketball teams have performed marginally during this time (save from the 2010 and 2012 WBB seasons) and the football team has failed to show significant improvement during its first five years despite competing in a weak conference. We have attended all football and basketball games this year, although we left many games by halftime after disgust, most notably our only football win versus UAB and our MBB game against Wake Forest.

My wife and I are at or nearing retirement age, and with that, our six-figure income along with other financial instruments have been available for the support of this university. However, we clearly see that there is a common denominator to the lack of success of 49er Athletics and that is the current Athletic Director, Judy Rose. While we realize that she doesn't coach teams, she IS responsible for the hiring of coaches and supporting staffs that are under performing. Judy has done a remarkable job as an ambassador of our university w.r.t. athletic leadership since 1990. Nonetheless, we are less than confident in her ability to manage these programs successfully going forward. As such, you can NOT count on our support of the athletic programs in the future until a change in leadership is made.

The ball is now in your court Chancellor. Please encourage our Athletic Director to resign while she still has a somewhat positive legacy to leave with this proud institution.

Best Regards,

Tony Poovey P.E.
Classes of 1990/92
xxx-xxx-xxxx
Please let us know how he responds to this, Thanks
Very strong!!

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #164 on: December 31, 2017, 02:27:19 pm

Dear Chancellor,

Best Regards,

Tony Poovey P.E.
Classes of 1990/92
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Excellent.  One of the best ones I've seen.

Keep making your voices heard!

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #165 on: December 31, 2017, 07:37:45 pm

Dear Chancellor,

Best Regards,

Tony Poovey P.E.
Classes of 1990/92
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Great email. Keep us posted on chp's response.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #166 on: December 31, 2017, 07:46:18 pm
This was all done on purpose

That is a scary thought. Sadly, as far fetched as it sounds, it sure seems this is a possibility.

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #167 on: January 01, 2018, 01:30:42 am
This was all done on purpose

That is a scary thought. Sadly, as far fetched as it sounds, it sure seems this is a possibility.

Makes me really sad too.  But Judy and Phil Duboos both achievedi unc organization metric

Sober analysis.  kudos to them both
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 01:36:29 am by punchdrunk »

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos