Author Topic: NinerNation.Net?  (Read 9039 times)

ninermac

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • http://www.ninernation.net
on: May 03, 2017, 01:37:56 pm
It's hard to believe I've come to this point. After doing this for so many years, I've decided to shutter the site.

Lots of things are in need around here. We need to move on to a new platform that fits today's mobile and instant world. Not too long ago I was working toward that end and spent a good bit of time doing so. The more I worked on it, the more I realized my passion for this is gone. Family, career, and finding things I enjoy more continue to pull me away.

I'll always be a Niner fan and support the team. Heck, we just redid my 7 year old's room all up in Niners (at his request) with green and gold paint and fathead graphics to match. I'm forever a Niner.

So, my plan is to shutter things at the end of June. I hope a community will continue on somewhere and I'll certainly watch it as well as take part once in a while. Perhaps someone else will take up the charge and create something...

It was fun...

-Mac

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 02:06:30 pm
Thanks for your years of work on this place. 
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:14:40 pm
Thank you Mac for all your work!!  I know it is a very thankless job, but a job of passion.

ninerID

• Athletic Director
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 02:22:36 pm
football probably doesn't happen with this place

I would have been a huge duke fan to this day without this place, not sure that's as thankful
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 02:59:46 pm
For those that read and don't participate/see the shoutbox,  steps are being taken to preserve NN.N so it doesn't go away.

Change may happen, but the community will live on.

cltniners

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 03:14:45 pm
clt thanks you for your hard work.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 03:51:00 pm
There will be another community if this no longer exists and with will have a chat function.

Halton49

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 04:05:45 pm
I mostly just read and don't post or shout very much.
But I visit here a lot, and would like to express many thanks to you for this site, and for all of the hard work you have put into it.
You sir, are a true Niner!

Savio

• Senior
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 04:06:07 pm
Thanks for all your dedication Mac!  Go enjoy life!

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 04:20:18 pm
Thanks Mac for all the years off keeping this site up and running.  This site (its predecessor) is a major reason I became a Niner fan after I enrolled and has led me to meet a few other Niner diehards.   Hopefully the site or something equivalent remains because if not I'm not really sure I'd stay as connected as I'd like. 

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 04:28:53 pm

I decree that this shall no longer be known as Matthew Stafford. This is now and forever, Ninermac

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 04:45:59 pm
Thanks Mac.  I hate to see this go because this is one of the better boards I visit.  You have done a great job over the years giving Niners a home.
#unc-CHeatingPays

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 04:58:43 pm
Thanks Mac.  I hate to see this go because this is one of the better boards I visit.  You have done a great job over the years giving Niners a home.
To me, this has been the best. Hate to see Mac step aside given what a great job he's done with the board (and for so little in return), but it's pretty amazing he's done it for as long as he has. Thanks for all the work you've put into it Mac.

I do hope the board will continue in some form, the chat function is a lot of fun and the way the board is set up is so much easier than almost any other site I've been on. I hope that isn't lost in trying to make things "mobile-friendly".

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 07:04:55 pm
Thanks for everything Mac!  CUSA Talk helped make me a hardcore Niner fan.  This site kept me interested in the Niners despite the recent down cycle. 

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 07:48:29 pm
Thank you for all you do/did Mac. Read these forums since 2013, didn't start posting till 2015 and it was a bit part of me becoming as fanatical as I am and inspired me to create my MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN hat.
Without this site, Charlotte football I don't believe happens.
Thank you!
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

jfickett

Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 09:27:28 pm
Thanks for doing this passionately for nearly two decades, Mac.  There is a lot of history here, including the football threads, the old'n days of CUSA 1.0 basketball glory, the MSOC national championship run, and Niner History 4901.  I really hope that these can be preserved in some way. 

And, most importantly, thank you to the other posters still left here that didn't abandon the program.  This place made football happen.  Never forget that.  Verifiable fact.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 09:32:56 pm
Thanks for everything you've done Mac. I was late coming to the party, but after the first Spring Game I found this place and have been all in ever since. I'm going to miss this place.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 09:53:37 pm
"I really hope that these can be preserved in some way. "
[/size]
[/size]very important i think.   
[/size]and i thank you too.  i've enjoyed this place.   keeping up.  blowing off steam.   getting to "know" some really whacky dudes (and the occasional dudette).    i'll miss it.  but maybe i'll start reading books again!   lol
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 10:32:42 pm
I owe a lot to this website. I was social recluse but thanks the Niners and this website I have great friends that were strangers a decade ago, and a college football team. 

Makes me more sad than I care to admit to have read this news. Maybe, just maybe, we should have had rules here?

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

Wingate49erFan

• Sophomore
Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 12:50:58 am
And I had finally made enough posts to finally get listed as a sophomore...Dang...Thanks for keeping up the site as long as you had. Been on NNN since the 2004-05 season... :(
Got Lutz?

rivalspatobrien

• Freshman
Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 08:50:41 am
Did a great job on this site!  Hate to see it go.. If people would like to come join us at Niner Report, we have a free board as well and want to welcome all Niner Fans to come join us...

https://charlotte.forums.rivals.com/forums/charlotte-49er-athletics.18/

Charlotte Football Message Board: https://charlotte.forums.rivals.com/forums/49er-football.12/

All free.. We would love to have everyone come join us. 

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 09:26:29 am
I am one of the ones who doesn't post very much but this was an awesome to get information on Niner Nation. Loved reading everything on here and got some really good laughs as well. Thank you for the hard work that was put in. I will miss coming to this site everyday.

Thanks to everyone else who has provided a ton of great information about our beloved school and programs. I know Agent 49 has done some awesome work and I follow you very closely on Twitter. I hope there will be another community created. I definitely would love to be apart of that and would like to contribute more.

GO NINERS!
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 11:13:03 am
I'm sad to see it go. When I first got accepted into UNC Charlotte, this was one of the first websites I went too.

Thank you for everything you've done Mac for maintaining and creating this site.

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 11:16:11 am
Ok, now that I've accepted the demise of NN.N.  what, if anything, is being done to either continue the site or move forward?  Being out of state, this site is/was my only real connection. If it goes pretty sure I may as well.  I'd be happy to donate to the cause. 

NLP

Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 11:33:08 am
There will be a community going forward. The torch will not be extinguished.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos