Author Topic: Trainwreck recruiting  (Read 2566 times)

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
on: December 11, 2017, 06:12:03 pm
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/cusa/football

The incoming class is a disaster.  This alone should disqualify anyone from employment.   

mojoniner

• Freshman
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:38:16 pm
I believe we have more recruits committed now. But yes it is bad. Lambert bores me when he talks so I know he has to be boring to high school kids.

This staff should be all over the high school coaches/players in the Charlotte metro area building relationships but unfortunately they don't seem to be from all I have heard.

Mullins Maniac

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:40:00 pm

The incoming class is a disaster.  This alone should disqualify anyone from employment.

0.56??? That looks like my first semester GPA.

Embarrassing in both cases but I fixed mine. No faith that happens in this case.
We are the number 1 school in the conference when it comes to attendance for soccer.- Phil Dubois

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 06:54:01 pm
There are four players on the Army-Westpoint roster from Mecklenburg County, plus one from Kannapolis. Several others from the state of NC. This is a team that went 9-3 this season. The players are here...in close-proximity to our program.

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:46 pm

Embarrassing in both cases but I fixed mine. No faith that happens in this case.

Maybe Lambert can coach the talent up

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 07:47:42 pm

Maybe Lambert can coach the talent up

That is one of the funniest things I have read on here.  Sad but true.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 07:49:55 pm
"Lambert bores me when he talks so I know he has to be boring to high school kids."
[/size]
[/size]once heard someone described as "so boring his hand went to sleep when he masterbated."
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 08:27:03 pm
What are you guys talking about? Lambert has “wow factor” at least according to Judy.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:05 pm
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA

clt says it looks like the lane train just assumed he was gone and didn’t recuit.

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 10:44:52 pm
The Rivals account for us has not been managed well lately and 247Sports has always been very inaccurate for us and a lot of time for G5 schools. We have more commitments as of late and a lot coming out of JUCO. They best source for recruiting has been to follow Agent 49 on Twitter and he has done a killer job staying up to date with that.
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 06:26:02 am
The Rivals account for us has not been managed well lately and 247Sports has always been very inaccurate for us and a lot of time for G5 schools. We have more commitments as of late and a lot coming out of JUCO. They best source for recruiting has been to follow Agent 49 on Twitter and he has done a killer job staying up to date with that.

clt says we could proactive and provide this info to the various sites. This information would help our recuiting by showing it isn’t a total dumpster fire.

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 07:09:58 am

clt says we could proactive and provide this info to the various sites. This information would help our recuiting by showing it isn’t a total dumpster fire.

If I knew how to do that, I so would! I also don't pay for either one of those sites so that maybe why I can't see how to provide information.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 07:34:15 am

Yeah, I think we have picked up at least 4 or 5 JuCos in the last week. I believe I saw a couple O-linemen, a TE, and a DB for sure. Not sure of the quality though. Lambert is going to do whatever it takes to save his skin, because he knows this is his only shot at being a head coach. We probably won't know the full extent of this class until signing day, unfortunately.

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 07:40:49 am
2k does excellent job.  Yes rivals and 247 gets dated (on uncc)

That said, his position is the same as mine I believe.  0 star kids a plenty. 

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 07:45:26 am

Yeah, I think we have picked up at least 4 or 5 JuCos in the last week. I believe I saw a couple O-linemen, a TE, and a DB for sure. Not sure of the quality though. Lambert is going to do whatever it takes to save his skin, because he knows this is his only shot at being a head coach. We probably won't know the full extent of this class until signing day, unfortunately.

That makes sense.  But we are the 49ers

We committed a TE with 1 catch this fall at juco.  Must be helluva blocker.

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 07:48:21 am

Agreed. I know we picked a pretty good HS linebacker from SC last week as well and saw we got a pretty good HS RB within the last week or two. Their is a JUCO Defensive Tackle coming into town this weekend as well that decomitted from South Carolina and originally played for AL Brown in high school. Seems like Lambert is panicking and going hard after JUCO's right now. Looked at some of their highlights and not sure what to think because their isn't a lot of videos on the players or they didn't play much which is kind of scary. Like you said, we will have to wait until signing day and see how we pan out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:51:41 am by ProudNiner13 »

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 07:54:20 am
2k does excellent job.  Yes rivals and 247 gets dated (on uncc)

That said, his position is the same as mine I believe.  0 star kids a plenty.

Oh yes, plenty of kids with no ratings and not a lot of offers. Brady Pope is an interesting one to me, seemed like he was killing it in high school but no other offers than us. Makes me believe something is wrong with the kid.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 09:03:39 am

If I knew how to do that, I so would! I also don't pay for either one of those sites so that maybe why I can't see how to provide information.

clt says the AD could have a sports mtkg intern provide this data.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 09:34:40 am
At this point in the program grabbing a ton of JUCOs is an act of desperation. It would have been nice if we had done that during the first two years, we maybe could have gotten a winning season. On second thought, with Tall, Mullen, and Lambert I don't think going the wise route building the roster would have overcome the coaching deficiencies.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 09:37:23 am
At this point in the program grabbing a ton of JUCOs is an act of desperation. It would have been nice if we had done that during the first two years, we maybe could have gotten a winning season. On second thought, with Tall, Mullen, and Lambert I don't think going the wise route building the roster would have overcome the coaching deficiencies.
They need JUCOs and I agree with you on it being an act of desperation. They JUCOs landed so far have been underwhelming when you look at who else is interested in them. The TE had 1 catch all year and the OL appeared in 1 game. The DB did have quite a few offers from FCS programs, but they were not top FCS schools...

mojoniner

• Freshman
Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 09:38:39 am
Seem to recruit a lot of TEs but never use them in the offense very much.

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 09:55:36 am

Thought that same thing the other day. When they are used it seems they do pretty well. Aren't we pretty heavy at that position as well?

ice_cold49er

• Sophomore
Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 10:44:59 am

Thought that same thing the other day. When they are used it seems they do pretty well. Aren't we pretty heavy at that position as well?

That's my feeling too.  We would throw 1 playaction pass to them at the beginning of the game, and it would go for about 15 yards or so.  Then, we wouldn't throw to them the rest of the game.  Never any seam routes up the middle of the field to keep the LB's honest.  That's why I would always say Mullens was terrible, because he would go away from things that worked, and not run things that would relieve some of the pressure on the QB.

mojoniner

• Freshman
Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 10:48:41 am

That's my feeling too.  We would throw 1 playaction pass to them at the beginning of the game, and it would go for about 15 yards or so.  Then, we wouldn't throw to them the rest of the game.  Never any seam routes up the middle of the field to keep the LB's honest.  That's why I would always say Mullens was terrible, because he would go away from things that worked, and not run things that would relieve some of the pressure on the QB.

Why throw it 15 yards up the seam when you can throw it 20 yards sideways/backwards for a 1 yard loss

gradydavis91

• Walk On
Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 10:57:45 am
A TE only has so many catches. You don't want to waste them too early in career.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos