Author Topic: Per ODU beat writer: Charlotte fans need reality check  (Read 2018 times)

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 03:37:13 pm
Are you going to tell us they were not guilty of cheating again? Or are you going to tell us we deserve no coverage from our local paper?  And who is your favorite tarhole player again?

Fam. I'm not from North Carolina, so forgive me if I don't understand why many of you who are consistently obsess over all things baby blue and randomly throw in comments about Chapel Hill in topics that have nothing to do with them.

To an outsider it just reeks of insecurity, even moreso because the subject has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If you want to tell me that the BOG passively aren't intervening to extinguish our self immolation then I certainly can buy that argument. But I do not believe that every beat writer is actively biased against us because they support Chapel Hill, nor do I believe that most UNC fans or alums are threatened by us. I think that's a pretty insane idea. I think at least half of them do not even know we have an FBS football program.

I guess you weren't around during the early 90s when C-USA 1.0 was being formed and the "powers that be" in CH actively politicked against us being a part of it. Or maybe you missed the "old Carolina' guys Friday and Spangler SUPER actively campaigning against us getting a football team. Do you think those efforts all just passed away with those guys and no others in "power" feel the same way? You're right they may not need to do anything actively right now, because we are so far down, but if we EVER get back even close to where we were 10-12 years ago----watch out, they will suddenly care about us again. 

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 05:01:56 pm
Are you going to tell us they were not guilty of cheating again? Or are you going to tell us we deserve no coverage from our local paper?  And who is your favorite tarhole player again?

Fam. I'm not from North Carolina, so forgive me if I don't understand why many of you who are consistently obsess over all things baby blue and randomly throw in comments about Chapel Hill in topics that have nothing to do with them.

To an outsider it just reeks of insecurity, even moreso because the subject has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If you want to tell me that the BOG passively aren't intervening to extinguish our self immolation then I certainly can buy that argument. But I do not believe that every beat writer is actively biased against us because they support Chapel Hill, nor do I believe that most UNC fans or alums are threatened by us. I think that's a pretty insane idea. I think at least half of them do not even know we have an FBS football program.

I guess you weren't around during the early 90s when C-USA 1.0 was being formed and the "powers that be" in CH actively politicked against us being a part of it. Or maybe you missed the "old Carolina' guys Friday and Spangler SUPER actively campaigning against us getting a football team. Do you think those efforts all just passed away with those guys and no others in "power" feel the same way? You're right they may not need to do anything actively right now, because we are so far down, but if we EVER get back even close to where we were 10-12 years ago----watch out, they will suddenly care about us again.

The funny thing is one person (and it wasn't me) mentioned the journalistic bias from the chapel hill press on the previous page and he immediately jumped in with his dissertation.  I'm thinking he is a recent Charlotte grad, and if so, I can somewhat understand his view.  He never liked the long running CHEAT-Fake Classes thread, so I guess the other possibility is he is a tarhole fan himself.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:14:15 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 05:08:46 pm

The funny thing is one person (and it wasn't me) mentioned the journalistic bias from the chapel hill press and he immediately jumped in with his dissertation.
Probably that Over guy.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 05:35:51 pm

The funny thing is one person (and it wasn't me) mentioned the journalistic bias from the chapel hill press and he immediately jumped in with his dissertation.
Probably that Over guy.

It was 49erCC that mentioned the journalistic bias, but that Over guy would have probably mentioned it if he were still around.  He was a real troublemaker who refused to accept any BS from the O.  The nerve of him.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 06:07:41 pm
clt remembers simolier times when clt would debate an observer reporter right here on this chat page. He went to CHeat and didnít think much of us.

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 07:36:41 pm
I remember that goof - he's not still employed is he?

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos