Author Topic: Mark Price Let Go -- FIRED  (Read 5562 times)

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 01:04:52 pm
Possible Davis is transferring mid season? Maybe that triggered this?

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 01:09:39 pm
Another incomprehensible knee-jerk reaction from our AD.  Just proving our point.  She has no clue how to run a successful AD.  Wheels are coming off- she's taken a hold of the rope and is now hanging herself with it. 
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

chidave

• Junior
Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 01:10:26 pm
She should have fired his staff and retained him. I though that was our process.

hayser

• Walk On
Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 01:15:33 pm
Yes this is a NIGHTMARE! My wife and I have been a season ticket holders in basketball since "78" and football since inception.This is about football and basketball. We are in far worse shape than the Hal Wissell years, because this is MORE than just a coach! This is mismanagement of athletics by the Athletic Dept. and the Chancellor allowing it to happen. We will not be able to attract a respectable coach in any sport with these two people in place. Coaches need to have confidence that they have the full support of the AD and the Chancellor, and that won't happen with Judy and Dubois. The trickle down effect is trying to recruit in this environment. Recruits want to know that the coach that recruits them will be around for their time at Charlotte. It will take us several years to recover from what is now taking place. I feel bad for our athletes. Do you want Judy making our next hire in basketball or football?

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #29 on: December 14, 2017, 01:24:08 pm
I'm starting to doubt if our athletic department reads this board.

My doubts are the result of my doubting whether or not the people making decisions about our athletics programs can read. 

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 01:30:03 pm
Mark price wanted out of this Sh*tstorm. Plain and simple. He can pick up the phone and be back in the nba in a second. Rose must be next to go!

ninermike

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 01:31:13 pm
Mark price wanted out of this Sh*tstorm. Plain and simple. He can pick up the phone and be back in the nba in a second. Rose must be next to go!

Not true.  He said he was very surprised.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #32 on: December 14, 2017, 01:32:23 pm

Not true.  He said he was very surprised.

If that’s the case Rose has zero idea what she’s doing. She’s saving her own neck at this point.

Upstate49er

• Sophomore
  • FSL Owner
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/
Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 01:47:34 pm
I'm starting to doubt if our athletic department reads this board.

My doubts are the result of my doubting whether or not the people making decisions about our athletics programs can read.
Judy is unaware of the digital age.
Charlotte 49ers Football

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #34 on: December 14, 2017, 01:52:35 pm
Wow!  This is pretty shocking considering pretty much no one was complaining hard about Price.  What a dumpster fire the Athletic Department is in.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #35 on: December 14, 2017, 01:55:12 pm
Sad day for Charlotte alumni.  Watching Rose completely dismantle our Athletics Department.  If there was ever a time to rise up and take her down, NOW IS THE TIME!

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 01:59:54 pm
She should have fired his staff and retained him. I though that was our process.

good one!

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 02:02:12 pm
Mark Price was quoted as saying he was told they believed he had lost some players. What are the chances Jon Davis requested a transfer BEFORE Price was fired and this was Judy's response, trying to keep one of the best players we've had in a while?

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 02:03:33 pm
Are they giving Fancher a mini interview before deciding on next years coach?

Price should have been fired but only feel bad since Hudson on team. Otherwise the high salary should have high expectations so it's business. I almost like doing it now rather than the end of the year to get ahead.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:09:26 pm by cibik02 »

greenpride1

• Walk On
Reply #39 on: December 14, 2017, 02:06:13 pm
Guys on WFNZ are talking about the Price firing and basically ridiculing our Athletic Department and Judy Rose. Good times!

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 02:08:58 pm
Yes this is a NIGHTMARE! My wife and I have been a season ticket holders in basketball since "78" and football since inception.This is about football and basketball. We are in far worse shape than the Hal Wissell years, because this is MORE than just a coach! This is mismanagement of athletics by the Athletic Dept. and the Chancellor allowing it to happen. We will not be able to attract a respectable coach in any sport with these two people in place. Coaches need to have confidence that they have the full support of the AD and the Chancellor, and that won't happen with Judy and Dubois. The trickle down effect is trying to recruit in this environment. Recruits want to know that the coach that recruits them will be around for their time at Charlotte. It will take us several years to recover from what is now taking place. I feel bad for our athletes. Do you want Judy making our next hire in basketball or football?

Welcome aboard, Hayser.  Good first post.  No, all of us on here want her gone.

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #41 on: December 14, 2017, 02:10:00 pm
Guys on WFNZ are talking about the Price firing and basically ridiculing our Athletic Department and Judy Rose. Good times!

Any press is good press

Moore83

• Walk On
Reply #42 on: December 14, 2017, 02:12:27 pm
Dubois confronts Judy about the firing:

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #43 on: December 14, 2017, 02:13:20 pm
I completely disagree with all of the "this is a disaster" comments.

Our RPI is currently 300 something. The team is playing with 0 heart. We have no incoming recruits of significant value.

I applaud the AD on this move.

Before you hit me with your, “but Lambert…” comments, fam I hear you. But I would MUCH rather have one of them gone than none of them gone.

elrodvt

• Walk On
Reply #44 on: December 14, 2017, 02:16:00 pm
With what we know now this is a terrible move.
I've obviously been against the thought that firing people will fix anything right now but since Price goes I now agree the athletic dept needs new folks top to bottom.

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #45 on: December 14, 2017, 02:18:15 pm
The AD is just so unpredictable with these moves.  Was firing coach Price a good move?  Maybe, we'll see what happens. 

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 02:19:40 pm
No swan song for Judy Rose

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #47 on: December 14, 2017, 02:35:18 pm
That came out of nowhere. I figured they would let him finish the season. If they wanted to appeal to me they should have fired Lambert.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 02:35:55 pm
How was firing Price today a bad move? The decision to fire Price was the easy decision. Who should replace him is where ADs make their money.  :-\

Georgia Tech I'm sure is speed dialing Price this moment. Lol.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:41:41 pm by cibik02 »

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 02:43:03 pm
How was firing Price today a bad move? The decision to fire Price was the easy decision. Who should replace him is where ADs make their money.  :-\

Exactly.

Everyone on here wanted to b**** about how bad he was but then when we let him go you all complain that this was like the apocalypse.

Mark Price was a travesty. Originally I thought we should give him another year just because I don't trust Judy, but we are getting even worse. At the beginning of the year some of y'all were arguing about whether we would jump 150 spots and compete for the NIT. Instead, we may possibly drop 150 spots. *edit* Wait, that's not possible, because our program is has become so abysmally terrible.

We have been pressuring the AD to do something. They did something. I may want Judy Rose gone. I may want Brad Lambert gone, but **** it, I wanted Mark Price gone too. And they responded.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos