Author Topic: Mark Price Let Go -- FIRED  (Read 5561 times)

NewNiner

• Senior
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #51 on: December 14, 2017, 02:47:11 pm
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/Board/103752/Contents/Mark-Price-Fired-112266511

"They probably shouldn't have added a football program...."

What a f***ing idiot. We shouldn't have retained Judy Rose to do it.

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #52 on: December 14, 2017, 02:48:37 pm
With what we know now this is a terrible move.
I've obviously been against the thought that firing people will fix anything right now but since Price goes I now agree the athletic dept needs new folks top to bottom.

Welcome to the bandwagon!!
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #53 on: December 14, 2017, 02:48:49 pm
One of my friends is close with someone high in the AD.

Inside word is that Price lost the team. The players were about to quit on him and the AD had been questioning his commitment. Stated his heart wasn't in it.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #54 on: December 14, 2017, 02:49:34 pm
From today's move:

Winners:
- Najee Garvin - He has made great strides from last year, has good size, will transfer up
- Jon Davis - People know his skills, will transfer up and go to the NCAAs his senior season
- Brad Lambert - Nobody is talking about him today
- Mark Price - He always wanted a shot at being a HC, he got it and didn't have to move to BFE to do it.  He now has Christmas off and gets a nice parting gift ($$) to take the family on vacation.  He will go back to the NBA as a shooting coach.

Losers:
- Hudson Price
- Houston Fancher - Success would have positioned him nicely for another HC position.  Now he is going to finish out the year as a loser and have to go look for another Assistant position at a losing program.
- Fans - But keeping Price was going to make us losers too.
#unc-CHeatingPays

ninermike

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #55 on: December 14, 2017, 02:54:01 pm
From today's move:

Winners:
- Najee Garvin - He has made great strides from last year, has good size, will transfer up
- Jon Davis - People know his skills, will transfer up and go to the NCAAs his senior season
- Brad Lambert - Nobody is talking about him today
- Mark Price - He always wanted a shot at being a HC, he got it and didn't have to move to BFE to do it.  He now has Christmas off and gets a nice parting gift ($$) to take the family on vacation.  He will go back to the NBA as a shooting coach.

Losers:
- Hudson Price
- Houston Fancher - Success would have positioned him nicely for another HC position.  Now he is going to finish out the year as a loser and have to go look for another Assistant position at a losing program.
- Fans - But keeping Price was going to make us losers too.

Fan base needs a little friction.  Stirring things up is going to be good for us.  Maybe not short term but definitely long term.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #56 on: December 14, 2017, 03:24:09 pm
Hey Judy, at least you've got people like Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale talking about us!! #MissionAccomplished

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/941348059539271680

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/941371178370945025

winsel1081

• Walk On
Reply #57 on: December 14, 2017, 03:25:43 pm
One of my friends is close with someone high in the AD.

Inside word is that Price lost the team. The players were about to quit on him and the AD had been questioning his commitment. Stated his heart wasn't in it.

Easy for someone in the Ath Dept to say the team was about to quit on him that is an age old reason for firing coaches mid-year. 

winsel1081

• Walk On
Reply #58 on: December 14, 2017, 03:27:02 pm
Hey Judy, at least you've got people like Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale talking about us!! #MissionAccomplished

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/941348059539271680

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/941371178370945025

If they had any hope of things getting better this move sure didn't help that.  Bilas said it best absolutely stunning....

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #59 on: December 14, 2017, 03:33:03 pm
Rose coming out saying Mark Price lost the players.  Which Price said he did not agree with.  Rose is spinning this against Mark Price.  Like she had  to do something.  Rose is digging this hole so much deeper.  If the bad press doesn't get our Chancellor or BoT moving to have her resign, what will??

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #60 on: December 14, 2017, 03:58:37 pm
Just because Judy is a terrible AD doesn't mean this might not be true.

Did y'all actually watch our games? The team looked utterly dejected out there.

Regardless, Price was a terrible coach and an absolute failure. I am glad he is gone.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #61 on: December 14, 2017, 04:18:08 pm
Rose coming out saying Mark Price lost the players.  Which Price said he did not agree with.  Rose is spinning this against Mark Price.  Like she had  to do something.  Rose is digging this hole so much deeper.  If the bad press doesn't get our Chancellor or BoT moving to have her resign, what will??

The chancellor either A) signed off on this or B) told Judy to do this.  He's in just as deep as Judy is.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #62 on: December 14, 2017, 04:28:46 pm
I have always thought that the ONLY reason to fire a coach mid-season is if you have a commitment for a better replacement and you do not want to wait until the season ends for fear that the better replacement takes another offer.

But I SERIOUSLY doubt our leadership would be that shrewd or forward thinking.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #63 on: December 14, 2017, 06:51:45 pm
clt would understand price stepping down before having to play against a Lebo led team, but this seems odd.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #64 on: December 14, 2017, 07:05:05 pm
When you are not at home and your wife texts you the following message you know you chose well.   ;)

Just saw something on pardon the interruption that said happy trails, Mark Price. Is he gone?!?
#unc-CHeatingPays

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #65 on: December 14, 2017, 07:12:13 pm
I really wonder if we were getting ready to lose 4 or 5 players over break. Coming into conference play with 6 scholarship players and a lame duck coach is a pretty bad look. Judy tells players she will fire Price and promote Francher if players agree to finish out season. Probably reaching but this makes as much sense to me from the history of this administration. 
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #66 on: December 14, 2017, 07:23:10 pm
I dont like calling for anyone's job, but I am torn between this being the right decision.

Part of me feels like Judy did this to take the heat off herself. I also am not a fan of firing a coach mid-season.

But Price was an extremely bad coach. I am unbiased towards his history as an all-star NBA player because I was too young to ever see him play. I liked the hire by Judy to actually hire a "big name" though. But props to her for not accepting really bad basketball and making a change. I watched one half of a game this year and that was enough. We were/are BAD.

People on here have made comments about the team looking disinterested and playing with no heart the last few weeks. Now reports are coming from the AD about Price lost the locker room and people are rushing to defend him. You can want Judy gone and still think she makes a right decision or two. Going againsy literally everything associated with her is not a good look for those that want her gone IMO. Makes us look irrational as a fanbase.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #67 on: December 14, 2017, 07:26:46 pm
I really wonder if we were getting ready to lose 4 or 5 players over break. Coming into conference play with 6 scholarship players and a lame duck coach is a pretty bad look. Judy tells players she will fire Price and promote Francher if players agree to finish out season. Probably reaching but this makes as much sense to me from the history of this administration.

I just can't see it with his personality. This screams Judy doing her thing the past 15 years. I don't think for one second Fancher is going to be easier on these kids than Price was. His post game after our 4th loss or so was awesome. He was ripping them. Maybe they are mad because Hudson is getting so much PT, but if that's the case they need to watch him play.

frequentvisitor

• Walk On
Reply #68 on: December 14, 2017, 07:27:56 pm
ghostofcharlotte may be onto something. Maybe Charlotte agreed to fire Price because ECU recently lost Lebo. This might make for a competitive game.

In return, Charlotte gets the last 2 years of a Medical School immediately with ECU's support for a full Medical School in the near future.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #69 on: December 14, 2017, 08:24:41 pm
We still owe mark price over 1,000,000.00 dollars. So thereís that.

More mismanagement of funds. Think god we have those student fees coming in.

Wherever you think about Price I think itís fair to say this was a quick firing that is going to get us nothing in the short term, wastes money in the long term and also may make it harder to recruit and hire a good replacement much less recruit and retain players.

The simple fact is that the root of all these issues is Roseís poor hiring practices and chaos level of planning and strategy.

When there is chaos and disfunction in an organization it either starts at the top or the leadership doesnít have the wherewithal to fix it!

I still cannot get my head around this. Does she really think that the assistant coach is going to turn around the team and make a huge difference?  I hope itís a big enough difference to offset that 1 million bucks we owe price and the loss of our second best player.

This situation is such a joke. Itís reaching almost comical levels of stupidity at this point.

Does anyone have an updated figure of how much money we have paid and will pay coaches NOT to coach our team now????

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #70 on: December 14, 2017, 08:49:43 pm

Wherever you think about Price I think itís fair to say this was a quick firing that is going to get us nothing in the short term, wastes money in the long term and also may make it harder to recruit and hire a good replacement much less recruit and retain players.

The simple fact is that the root of all these issues is Roseís poor hiring practices and chaos level of planning and strategy.

When there is chaos and disfunction in an organization it either starts at the top or the leadership doesnít have the wherewithal to fix it!

I still cannot get my head around this. Does she really think that the assistant coach is going to turn around the team and make a huge difference?  I hope itís a big enough difference to offset that 1 million bucks we owe price and the loss of our second best player.

This situation is such a joke. Itís reaching almost comical levels of stupidity at this point.

Does anyone have an updated figure of how much money we have paid and will pay coaches NOT to coach our team now????

Ryan Odom didnít turn around Majorís last team and I donít know why Judy thinks Fancher will turn things around this time. We lose Hudson who can hit threes and grab some rebounds.

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #71 on: December 14, 2017, 08:56:55 pm
He didnít see this as we did.  He thought it was like UNCG win 12 games get a pat on the back.
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #72 on: December 14, 2017, 08:58:00 pm

Ryan Odom didnít turn around Majorís last team and I donít know why Judy thinks Fancher will turn things around this time. We lose Hudson who can hit threes and grab some rebounds.
Odom was doing as Major told him. He has proven his worth as a HC since departing.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #73 on: December 14, 2017, 09:08:01 pm
Best case scenario: this was Phil giving Judy just enough rope to hang herself, metaphorically speaking. I think weíre getting through to CHP. I feel confident saying Judy wonít be hiring the replacement.

If this was any other AD, this firing would have been earned, but with judy it just feels like itís for all the wrong reasons

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #74 on: December 14, 2017, 09:25:31 pm
How was firing Price today a bad move? The decision to fire Price was the easy decision. Who should replace him is where ADs make their money.  :-\

Georgia Tech I'm sure is speed dialing Price this moment. Lol.
I'm with you.  The Price experiment failed.  Now let's get to work fixing Mens BB!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos