Author Topic: Our next AD  (Read 5950 times)

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
on: December 14, 2017, 12:08:16 pm
Now that Price has been let go it seems there may be blood in the water. Many are speculating Judy will not survive this. We need to work now to get the Board of Trustees on board with forming a search committee to find Judy's replacement.

Suggestions:

• Demand a committee to hire a search firm and tie the Chancellor to the decision of the board majority.
  • Demand that the next AD be either a veteran AD from a moderately successful FBS program or an Assistant AD for Football from a successful P5 program.
  • Demand that the BoT require all future coaching hires be via committee/search firm recommendation in the future. We need the Chancellor and AD to be rubber stampers, not sole decision makers.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 01:40:20 pm
Rose has to go! She’s screwed the pouch for MBB the last decade. Her firing mark price, half way through the season, means no coach is going to come here.  Brad lambert is a dead coach walking. Retaining him was the worst move ever. People are fed up with this nonsense.

Let’s keep Brad Lambert after a 1-11 season, in his seventh year. But fire mark price in 2 1/2 years? Seriously? WTF?!

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 03:31:06 pm
Funny...you always hear that if given enough rope there are many that will hang themselves.

Judy keeps wrapping that noose tighter and tighter and tighter......it's just a matter of time now.

She can kiss any sort of legacy good bye now!!!!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 07:07:33 pm
Now that Price has been let go it seems there may be blood in the water. Many are speculating Judy will not survive this. We need to work now to get the Board of Trustees on board with forming a search committee to find Judy's replacement.

Suggestions:

• Demand a committee to hire a search firm and tie the Chancellor to the decision of the board majority.
  • Demand that the next AD be either a veteran AD from a moderately successful FBS program or an Assistant AD for Football from a successful P5 program.
  • Demand that the BoT require all future coaching hires be via committee/search firm recommendation in the future. We need the Chancellor and AD to be rubber stampers, not sole decision makers.

Really hope we can get an experienced AD from an FBS program. But we are currently the worst overall atheletic program in the country out of all FBS schools and I don't think this is hyperbole. I just dont see someone seeing an opportunity here and thinking it will help their career.

I still have hope with our basketball history and "potential," but I'm afraid it may be too late to bank on either of those to attract talent to this program- from ADs to coaches to recruits.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:24:15 pm

Suggestions:

Really hope we can get an experienced AD from an FBS program. But we are currently the worst overall atheletic program in the country out of all FBS schools and I don't think this is hyperbole. I just dont see someone seeing an opportunity here and thinking it will help their career.

I still have hope with our basketball history and "potential," but I'm afraid it may be too late to bank on either of those to attract talent to this program- from ADs to coaches to recruits.

clt agrees to disagree. Our program is putrid right now, but has absurd potential. We just need the leadership.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 08:11:47 pm

Suggestions:

clt agrees to disagree. Our program is putrid right now, but has absurd potential. We just need the leadership.
.  Quoted for truth.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 09:36:48 pm

Suggestions:

I agree, clt. With nowhere to go but up and tons of potential to be much, much more, I think Charlotte would be a very attractive step in one's career. 

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 03:20:58 pm
Bump for today's Judy Retirement announcement.

Now is the critical time. We have to let Phil and the search committee know exactly what we want in a new AD.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 03:50:38 pm
I had cut my donation level in half...and was planning on donating zero this year.

With Judy gone...I will at least give the same half I did last year.

If Danny Morrison is hired as AD I will give the other half...and then some more.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 03:59:08 pm
Why not start a donation board thread and have everyone commit to a certain amount of donation,
to be turned over to the 49 club as soon as Morrison is hired or at least offered the position !

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 06:41:59 pm
I hope if our next AD becomes under fire he/she tells everyone to F off and makes CHP have to fire them
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:36:30 pm
Danny Morrison or Tom Jurich, Jurich is my vote if we could afford him

Savio

• Senior

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 10:29:21 pm
I would like Cobb but I see Yow leaving in the next year or so.  I would hate to lose him to State that quickly.
Got to be Morrison, I dont care if he's 64

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 10:33:03 pm
I hope if our next AD becomes under fire he/she tells everyone to F off and makes CHP have to fire them
you mean the same way things went down this time?

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 06:56:00 am
clt says Morrison is the best choice. Maybe have him groom the next AD as well.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 10:02:05 am
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article193303689.html
.   Morrison is far and away the best choice on this list. Just as important as his fbs experience, are his fundraising abilities and familiarity to most of the power brokers in Charlotte.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 10:29:34 am
.   Morrison is far and away the best choice on this list. Just as important as his fbs experience, are his fundraising abilities and familiarity to most of the power brokers in Charlotte.
yep. He's be the best choice to put us back in a firm foundation and I would trust him to hire a capable replacement as well.

He lives in Myers Park, so im sure he has a lot of friends and neighbors with expendable income.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 10:33:30 am

Agree. I think we need Morrison. It would be nice if Phil did not drag his feet and announce Morrison will become the new AD way in advance.

After all, NNN is the only search committee Phil needs.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

mojoniner

• Freshman
Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 10:36:17 am
Is Morrison even interested?

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 11:29:15 am
If you can believe what you read in the Observer, I think DuBois initial instincts are correct.  We need someone who's been there, knows how to get us to where we want to be on a ambitious timeline, and can hit the ground running.  We should not hesitate to pay for that kind of talent.

Alumni93

• Walk On
Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 12:14:06 pm
Yes this hire is the critical hire for the next 10 years or so of our athletics.   They're going to come in and get to make immediate men's basketball hire and possibly football too

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 12:22:12 pm
The biggest question for Morrison is will this be a job he will have a chance to succeed in.  Will he have the supoort and resources to do what he  knows needs to be done to be successful.This will probably be his last rodeo.  If our reputation is as  toxic as it sounds like then it could be difficult.

I wonder how many people in the department are updating their resumes. It has to be an anxious time for them.
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 12:25:58 pm
Are there any Charlotte grads that are ADs at any G5 or P5 programs?

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 12:28:53 pm
The biggest question for Morrison is will this be a job he will have a chance to succeed in.  Will he have the supoort and resources to do what he  knows needs to be done to be successful.This will probably be his last rodeo.  If our reputation is as  toxic as it sounds like then it could be difficult.

I wonder how many people in the department are updating their resumes. It has to be an anxious time for them.
Phil will hand the keys to someone that can keep athletics issues away from him. We have enough financial support (and Danny could bring even more of that), that I think he's have the tools to do whatever he needs to do.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos