Author Topic: Rest of season with Fancher  (Read 6543 times)

NLP49

• Administrator
  • Walk On
Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 12:41:17 pm
Fancher seems completely credible. 

I really liked when Price had him do a press conf 2 wk ago and his quote was "we played unacceptable"

that is the standard and language more people around AD need to use across the board

Reminder: Judy Rose did not hire Houston Fancher, Mark Price did with the advise of Buzz Peterson.
So when the Pro-Judy shills pat themselves and her on the back for Fancher turning things around, it isn't a feather in Judy's cap.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 01:32:46 pm

I really liked when Price had him do a press conf 2 wk ago and his quote was "we played unacceptable"

that is the standard and language more people around AD need to use across the board

Reminder: Judy Rose did not hire Houston Fancher, Mark Price did with the advise of Buzz Peterson.
So when the Pro-Judy shills pat themselves and her on the back for Fancher turning things around, it isn't a feather in Judy's cap.

^This.

We have to acknowledge that should the team right the ship enough to be a .500 team in conference, our FJR momentum will be affected. That's just how it works. If we're to be successful, we'll have to keep the pressure on regardless of how much attention it's getting outside of NNN. I've presented some ideas to some of you on how to set up our movement for the long fight and to plan for how to maximize our effect through the ups and downs to come, but haven't gotten feedback yet.

mojoniner

• Freshman
Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 01:41:32 pm
My App friend that is well connected at App was laughing about us having a head coach run out of Boone

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 01:43:06 pm

^This.

We have to acknowledge that should the team right the ship enough to be a .500 team in conference, our FJR momentum will be affected. That's just how it works. If we're to be successful, we'll have to keep the pressure on regardless of how much attention it's getting outside of NNN. I've presented some ideas to some of you on how to set up our movement for the long fight and to plan for how to maximize our effect through the ups and downs to come, but haven't gotten feedback yet.

I'll help any way I can.  just let me know.

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 01:45:14 pm

^This.

I wish I had half the optimism you guys have.  No way we go .500 in conference.  I don't see the Price firing as a "jolt" to the team.  In fact, I expect them to play worse.

Also, I firmly believe Judy never makes another hire again.  I just don't see it.  Her respect among the community is shot.  She could have Jesus come in here and coach and we still wouldn't support it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:47:33 pm by chargrad2008 »

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #30 on: December 18, 2017, 02:39:32 pm
I expect a bump in play, generally that happens right after a change. What we will have to see is if it is sustained.

Hoping they can step on ECU's throat tonight.
Considering that we are a 2.5 to 3.5 point underdog, that would be a major miracle.  We have been taking our underdog role lately and expanding it 3 to 4 fold.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #31 on: December 18, 2017, 02:40:03 pm

Grendel's post is DOBA.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #32 on: December 18, 2017, 03:39:35 pm

Grendel's post is DOBA.

I agree with this, but.... If Fancher can turn this shitstorm around, I don't really give a damn who hired him.  Hopefully Judy is gone soon and it won't make much difference.

I always thought Fancher did a respectable job at App.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:47:32 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #33 on: December 18, 2017, 04:29:20 pm
I think Francher may be a "Lutz" type coach.....lots of fight, fire and enthusiasm !
That's what we need....screw what Judy & CHP think are right.
Hope it works out !

NLP49

• Administrator
  • Walk On
Reply #34 on: December 18, 2017, 04:30:29 pm
I think highly of Fancher, for sure. I just don't want Judy taking credit for him. I'm more than happy to see him do  well and then Judy's replacement have a tough decision on his hands.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #35 on: December 18, 2017, 04:31:39 pm
I think Francher may be a "Lutz" type coach.....lots of fight, fire and enthusiasm !
Hope it works out !
Yeah, I don't see Fancher going the rest of the season with no Technicals.  ;)
#unc-CHeatingPays

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #36 on: December 18, 2017, 08:36:52 pm
Wow Halftime Adjustments!  Like an actual coach does.  The two Price's would have been a 15 pt loss.  We'll end the season a decent team.
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #37 on: December 18, 2017, 08:42:42 pm
Hope it works out !

No more statements like this. You’re going to blow his chances of getting the job permanently. Lol

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #38 on: December 18, 2017, 08:47:15 pm
got to let this play out,  change will usually provide short term jump start
and lets not forget how bad ecu is
still, like what I am seeing!!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #39 on: December 18, 2017, 08:49:02 pm
Immediate over reaction... I like fancher.

Offensively we handled the double teams on Jon much better. 

With that said, hard to compare this performance to others given Andrien's performance so far off the mean. If he can do 20 consistently teams are gonna have to double jon less.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #40 on: December 18, 2017, 08:54:57 pm
We had a 21-4 run against us against one of the worst shooting teams I have ever seen. We are still awful.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #41 on: December 18, 2017, 08:55:15 pm
Hmmmm... I mean we aren't going dancing but beating any D1 team by 19 on the road isn't something I expected.

White with great game, followed up by 2-6 pts next game?? So damn inconsistent.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:57:41 pm by cibik02 »

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #42 on: December 18, 2017, 08:56:27 pm
Ecu won a few in a row....
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #43 on: December 18, 2017, 09:01:09 pm
Good 19 point win over ECU.  Not a bad start.  ECU had won 3 in a row.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 08:59:21 am
Really hard for me to not like Francher. Intense straight shooter with a Southern drawl. If Judy will allow him to have a supporting staff that can recruit he might be as good as we can get right now.  Don't know what happened at the end of his App tenure but he did win in Boone. Think about that for a second. He went to the post season at Boone.
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

mojoniner

• Freshman
Reply #45 on: December 19, 2017, 09:46:31 am
Really hard for me to not like Francher. Intense straight shooter with a Southern drawl. If Judy will allow him to have a supporting staff that can recruit he might be as good as we can get right now.  Don't know what happened at the end of his App tenure but he did win in Boone. Think about that for a second. He went to the post season at Boone.

Way too early to determine if he should be next coach, but if he does then he needs to get some recruiters in here that can relate to the young players. I feel he needs a diverse staff that can recruit and teach.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #46 on: December 19, 2017, 09:47:33 am
I like the international assistant.  I think he would be a good one to keep.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #47 on: December 19, 2017, 10:00:28 am
I like the international assistant.  I think he would be a good one to keep.
He came here to be with Price, not sure if he'll stay or not. I'd like to keep him but who knows at this point.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #48 on: December 19, 2017, 10:04:47 am
I know he was tied to Price, but if Fancher stays, then I like his contacts to the international players.  I think if we could get one ever year than it would be a plus in recruiting.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #49 on: December 19, 2017, 10:10:17 am
I know he was tied to Price, but if Fancher stays, then I like his contacts to the international players.  I think if we could get one ever year than it would be a plus in recruiting.
It certainly helps go around the inherent issues of recruiting local kids that are focused on the ACC/SEC offer.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos