Author Topic: Football Stadium  (Read 3390 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #50 on: December 18, 2017, 12:11:16 pm
If the pattern becomes
-- donate millions to non-profit
-- have your name put on a building
-- become a target for the media to dig up any skeletons from your past
-- become the lead story
-- have your name removed from the facility
then I believe you are going to find that rich people are going to step away from the scrutiny.  Why do they need to hassle?  Go buy a jet.

What is next?  Take the sign off the Kennedy Center?  Change the name of George Bush Intn'l Airport?

I am not excusing the behavior, only pointing out that it may have the consequence of curtailing large charitable gifts.
#unc-CHeatingPays

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #51 on: December 18, 2017, 12:28:22 pm
Society really needs to stop lumping people all in the same bucket.  Right now there seems to be a rush to put Weinstein and Lauer in the same category as Richardson.  They aren't.  One are hideous actions with malicious intent, the other is inappropriate words from a place of uneducation and just being an 80 year old dude.  Jerry deserves to be called on the carpet for what he said, but some of the reaction is nuts. 

Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #52 on: December 18, 2017, 01:12:52 pm
Society really needs to stop lumping people all in the same bucket.  Right now there seems to be a rush to put Weinstein and Lauer in the same category as Richardson.  They aren't.  One are hideous actions with malicious intent, the other is inappropriate words from a place of uneducation and just being an 80 year old dude.  Jerry deserves to be called on the carpet for what he said, but some of the reaction is nuts.
Does just being an 80 year old dude excuse buckling the seat belt and touching? I am not following what you are trying to say because you never mention the actions he took, just the words he spoke.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #53 on: December 18, 2017, 01:27:55 pm
If the pattern becomes
-- donate millions to non-profit
-- have your name put on a building
-- become a target for the media to dig up any skeletons from your past
-- become the lead story
-- have your name removed from the facility
then I believe you are going to find that rich people are going to step away from the scrutiny.  Why do they need to hassle?  Go buy a jet.

What is next?  Take the sign off the Kennedy Center?  Change the name of George Bush Intn'l Airport?

I am not excusing the behavior, only pointing out that it may have the consequence of curtailing large charitable gifts.

Inappropriate actions and the want/need to have important places named after you come from a very similar place inside you. I doubt one's ego would be redirected to place money elsewhere just because there's a chance your douchebaggery could come back to embarrass you one day.

ghostofclt

• Junior

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #55 on: December 18, 2017, 01:50:10 pm
Does just being an 80 year old dude excuse buckling the seat belt and touching? I am not following what you are trying to say because you never mention the actions he took, just the words he spoke.

Matt Lauer on tape saying to a Working bent over asst  " i like this view, wear that more often" is on a level of its own.  Same with Al Frankton taking pic of sleeping model grabbing her boob.  Defenseless ladies.  We dont know circumstances of Jerry. 

Havent seen Jerry preach either, but rather stealth quiet 20 years to a fault.  The others in the harassment news not so much. 

goniners2016

• Walk On
Reply #56 on: December 18, 2017, 02:07:19 pm
It's hard for me to imagine JR doing any of these things, but then again, I don't really know him. It's one thing to know someone in front of the TV cameras and another when its turned turned off.

Another note: I'm surprised Jerry Jones hasn't had anything come out against him. Kind of like Roy Moore, he's one that I wouldn't be too shocked if something leaked.
"You don't say much my friend, but when you do it's to the point, and I salute you for it."

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #57 on: December 18, 2017, 02:16:08 pm

Another note: I'm surprised Jerry Jones hasn't had anything come out against him. Kind of like Roy Moore, he's one that I wouldn't be too shocked if something leaked.

It's coming

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #58 on: December 18, 2017, 02:21:27 pm

Still waiting on more info on the touching.  I find it hard to believe it would rise to the Weinstein, Lauer, Frakken levels though.
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #59 on: December 18, 2017, 03:20:54 pm

Still waiting on more info on the touching.  I find it hard to believe it would rise to the Weinstein, Lauer, Frakken levels though.
There is no way it went to that level. He did more than talk however.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #60 on: December 18, 2017, 03:24:47 pm
Panthers price tag is 2 billion.

Levines net worth 1.9 bil. Not into sports, visibly anyway.  Not a fit imho. Same with Belks at 1.4 bil.

The Zuckers and Moores in SC worth a tad more.  Jerry a SC guy.

Could see Rick Hendrick or Felix Sabotes forming a Local group. 

The SAS guys in Raleigh can sneeze 2 bil.

From what I can tell, here is the current ownership group of the Panthers:

Richardson Family   46 %
Wordsworth Family   17.09 %
Close Family   10.35 %
Levine Family   10.35 %
Belk Family   5.18 %
Donald R. Keough    4.14 %
HC Bissell   2.59 %
Harris Family   2.33 %
Erskine Bowles    0.97 %

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte