Author Topic: Jon Davis ?????  (Read 890 times)

ninerJ

• Walk On
on: December 19, 2017, 09:49:50 am
Could someone please rummage thru the locker room and see if they can find "our" Jon Davis !!!
This imposter that has taken the court every game is unrecognizable.
No touch on his shots, no fire, can't dribble the ball, bad decisions.....
A few months ago we were worried he may leave for the NBA after this season ???
I know he's the focus of everyone game plan....but damn !
We need him back !

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:58:27 am
Let's hope he can turn it around, clearly has the talent to be the lead guy. Not sure what exactly is going on but he's in a rough stretch for sure.

upperdeck

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 10:20:13 am
Let's hope he can turn it around, clearly has the talent to be the lead guy. Not sure what exactly is going on but he's in a rough stretch for sure.

Didn't notice if he was wearing the protective vest last night. He has been for at least a few games. It has to change everything. Extra weight, limited movement, etc.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:36:27 am
RIP in peace

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 10:46:21 am
I'm not a bball guru, by any means, and have only caught about half the games so far this season, but form what I've seen, it's been two things that are completely different...

1. The offensive system is different, and to me, seemed like a game plan to get Davis scoring earlier as opposed to what we saw last year which was Davis not taking over until it was too late.
2. What most have mentioned, the doubling by the defense.

Both of these seem to entice Davis to do more on his own off the dribble drive and the defense is collapsing and filling passing lanes.

I want to see the Davis that is quiet early, letting the game come to him and then putting the team on his back down the stretch. He clearly thrived at that last season.

Colorado49er

• Freshman
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:37:55 am
Davis is only shooting 35% from the floor and 24% from three point land.  Those numbers are drastically worse than last season.

Part of it is shot selection and being double teamed.  However, he has also missed a lot of open looks.

He is also averaging 4.4 turnovers per game.  Many of those are unforced.

I do think Davis will turn things around.  He was thrown off by his ankle injury and since other guys weren't stepping up he tried to do too much.  Fancher may help him work through his issues. 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos