Author Topic: Judy and Dubois retirement presser (video)  (Read 1054 times)

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:03:56 pm by moss2k »

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:14:18 pm
Just watched it and honestly, Dubois made me a little nervous

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 04:16:22 pm

Me too, but what did you expect?  Things got to this point and we responded the only way we thought we could - and it worked, but it backed him into a corner.  I hope it's just him pushing back a bit after having his hand forced.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 04:16:52 pm

Images of Belk Tower crumbling fill my mind every time I hear or see him.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 05:09:59 pm
This press conference could have had a celebratory tone but no they were impersonal and condescending. Canít wait for Philís retirement.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 05:13:03 pm
Phil didn't get his way and had his lip poked out, as for the positive things he said about Judy what else is he supposed to say?  He has to say positive, flattering, and untrue things at her retirement presser, it's the decent thing to do.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 05:13:45 pm
This press conference could have had a celebratory tone but no they were impersonal and condescending. Canít wait for Philís retirement.

Agreed.  Judy says supporters are donors of large amounts of money.  These people never got the meaning of supporter.  A supporter is a person who gives what they can whether that be money, time, or even a positive tweet to help the program be better.

Upstate49er

• Sophomore
  • FSL Owner
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 05:44:32 pm
Phil said he wanted to hire an Athletic Director just like Judy...what an idiot!

Phil should have announced his retirement along with Judy.
Charlotte 49ers Football

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 06:37:25 pm
Phil said he wanted to hire an Athletic Director just like Judy...what an idiot!

Everyone needs to read the tea leaves.  It's a retirement presser and she's standing right there.  What do you expect him to say?  "We need to go in 180 opposite direction because Judy has been awful the past few years." 

It's all lip service.

He wants us to stop emailing him, so he can focus on things other than the A.D.  He knows the only way to do that is to make a good hire.  He's going to assemble a search committee and take their recommendations very seriously, just like he did with football.

Phil has his faults but don't take anything away from that presser.

I happen to believe we're getting a stud.  We're trending up.  Enjoy it.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 06:38:51 pm

Everyone needs to read the tea leaves.  It's a retirement presser and she's standing right there.  What do you expect him to say?  "We need to go in 180 opposite direction because Judy has been awful the past few years." 

It's all lip service.

He wants us to stop emailing him, so he can focus on things other than the A.D.  He knows the only way to do that is to make a good hire.  He's going to assemble a search committee and take their recommendations very seriously, just like he did with football.

Phil has his faults but don't take anything away from that presser.

I happen to believe we're getting a stud.  We're trending up.  Enjoy it.

D.O.B.A (I hope I can use that TRLeader)

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 08:52:51 pm
clt says to trust the process.

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 10:20:26 pm
A lot of their answers were troubling, which is to be expected. If held at gunpoint that we had to keep one of the two, Id pick Judy based on this presser/athletics alone.

Her talking about football/conference affiliation was laughable.  As was her stubbornness to defend the "infancy" of our football program to defend Lambert staying.  But one genuine, positive takeaway was her stance on branding us as Charlotte. Came across as a shot at Phil for thinking of the UNC in our name is a positive.

They were given a lot of layups but also glad they were asked about the #firejudyrose campaign. The quality of the video is pretty sad considering the significance of the announcement. I'm not a Judy apologist, but whoever was responsible for putting this together should have a little more respect for her. A video in the middle of Halton arena, very informal and little to no video editing? Very sad how poorly this was put together.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 10:38:32 pm
A lot of their answers were troubling, which is to be expected. If held at gunpoint that we had to keep one of the two, Id pick Judy based on this presser/athletics alone.

Her talking about football/conference affiliation was laughable.  As was her stubbornness to defend the "infancy" of our football program to defend Lambert staying.  But one genuine, positive takeaway was her stance on branding us as Charlotte. Came across as a shot at Phil for thinking of the UNC in our name is a positive.

They were given a lot of layups but also glad they were asked about the #firejudyrose campaign. The quality of the video is pretty sad considering the significance of the announcement. I'm not a Judy apologist, but whoever was responsible for putting this together should have a little more respect for her. A video in the middle of Halton arena, very informal and little to no video editing? Very sad how poorly this was put together.
The video I posted wasn't from the AD, it was from The Charlotte Post. They streamed it live and that is the replay from their end.

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 10:53:10 pm

The video I posted wasn't from the AD, it was from The Charlotte Post. They streamed it live and that is the replay from their end.

Apologies to the AD- I was too quick to lay the blame on them. 

Still would think they would want the first presser for this to be more formal/organized given the magnitude of the announcement.

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 11:37:17 pm
I give them marketing props...

no wrinkled up...... black......king size sheet.....straight from a laundry hamper. 

Halton background is cool

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 11:41:00 pm

I am being nice

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 09:43:48 am
Honestly, Phil is expected to give those answers. She is not only standing right there, but even if not I'd still expect those same answers to the media.
I agree with Job, he wants us to stop emailing him and the BOT members and he can focus on academics which honestly he does a fairly good job with.
Now Judy saying supporters donate large amounts of money is wrong. A supporter is someone who donates $20 and someone who donates $20,000. Everyone matters. I really hope the new AD realizes that.
Congrats on her retirement though, enjoy it, it was time.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos