Author Topic: clt discusses the new panther stadium and the impact on the 49ers  (Read 756 times)

ghostofclt

• Junior
clt says we need to push for expansion to 35,000 to serve as the temp stadium. Look at the chargers current situation, they are playing on a soccer pitch.

Credit to tasheets for the idea.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
clt says we need to push for expansion to 35,000 to serve as the temp stadium. Look at the chargers current situation, they are playing on a soccer pitch.

San Diego has few fans where they are, so that small stadium works for them. The Panthers have no problems selling out. Usc or Clemson would be their only options.  Even the acc schools are too small to meet demand.

tasheets

• Walk On

San Diego has few fans where they are, so that small stadium works for them. The Panthers have no problems selling out. Usc or Clemson would be their only options.  Even the acc schools are too small to meet demand.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/197398/nfl-regular-season-home-attendance-of-the-san-diego-chargers-since-2006/

Before moving the avg atendance was about 65k.

I think it's doable but the fans given up their fsls/tickets would have to be compensated fairly or offered awesome seats in new stadium. Notice I said fans and not the people that leave at halftime/early 3rd qyarter.

mojoniner

• Freshman
I think if a new stadium was built the speedway area would be better.

I know people from the triad and Triangle would be happier.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
What'd it cost to add a retractable roof to BOA? $500m? Would be hard/complicated, but preserves location and saves $$$.

Will never happen.

Niner National

• Athletic Director

https://www.statista.com/statistics/197398/nfl-regular-season-home-attendance-of-the-san-diego-chargers-since-2006/

Before moving the avg atendance was about 65k.

I think it's doable but the fans given up their fsls/tickets would have to be compensated fairly or offered awesome seats in new stadium. Notice I said fans and not the people that leave at halftime/early 3rd qyarter.
I meant few fans in LA. LA is rams/raiders town.

mojoniner

• Freshman
What'd it cost to add a retractable roof to BOA? $500m? Would be hard/complicated, but preserves location and saves $$$.

Will never happen.

I think new owners want big lots for parking around stadium to bring in a lot more revenue. At least what i have read on the situation. I like the stadium being in uptown Charlotte and would not want a new stadium in south Carolina. But then again I am a die hard Cowboys fan so I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior

I live up there, and it would probably send my home value through the roof, so that would be great, BUT:

Can you imagine how bad 85 north in Kannapolis would be after a game? LOL

mojoniner

• Freshman

I live up there, and it would probably send my home value through the roof, so that would be great, BUT:

Can you imagine how bad 85 north in Kannapolis would be after a game? LOL

Probably not too much worse than it is already after games. That area is use to traffic from the Speedway. Hopefully they will get all the lanes finished on 85 one of these days. They were working on 85 when i was in school and i graduated in 91.

ghostofclt

• Junior
clt says the stadium needs to be uptown or near light rail.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 10:24:57 pm
clt says write this down. New panthers stadium at the former east land mall site.

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:41 am
clt says write this down. New panthers stadium at the former east land mall site.

I would love this. The site and that side of town desperately needs something like this. That being said, it will never happen. Not only is it likely not an appealing site for owners, but it is likely just a bit too small for a stadium and dedicated parking. Also, it would be a logistical nightmare to get in and out of there.

The perfect situation would have been to build an MLS stadium there but the league wanted the bid to include a stadium in the city.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 09:55:03 am

I would love this. The site and that side of town desperately needs something like this. That being said, it will never happen. Not only is it likely not an appealing site for owners, but it is likely just a bit too small for a stadium and dedicated parking. Also, it would be a logistical nightmare to get in and out of there.

The perfect situation would have been to build an MLS stadium there but the league wanted the bid to include a stadium in the city.

clt says not so fast my friend. the site is 69 acres (nice).

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos