Author Topic: CONTACT LIST OF DUBOIS NEW AD COMMITTEE #WAR  (Read 2489 times)

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
on: January 10, 2018, 08:22:37 pm
everyone,
follow same M.O. as #firejudyrose barrage that got us 1,000,000 total twitter mentions in Dec, FB posts, linkedin, and email campaign.  Be polite and point out facts in needs of new AD such as:

Not an admin policy mindset, sales/marketing driven, social media expert, swagger, modern, results oriented, revenue driven, customer driven, large vision and see the AAC as goal). 

IMOPORTANT-  committee needs to know if they hire someone that is opposite of above,
we will MAKE LIFE HELL for new hire day 1

Philip L. Dubois
pdubois@uncc.edu

Kevin Bailey joined UNC Charlotte as Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs this year.
baileyk@uncc.edu

Bob Brannan, Executive Vice President of Uwharrie Bank
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bob-brannan-b0638017/

John Iamarino, Commissioner of the Southern Conference.
jiamarino@socon.org       

Jeffrey Leak, Professor of English, Faculty Athletics Representative
jleak@uncc.edu
704-687-2708

Krista Long, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for CalAtlantic Homes,
https://www.linkedin.com/in/krista-long-9378844/
https://www.facebook.com/krista.d.long

Charleata Neal, Human Resources Manager in the Department of Facilities Management at UNC Charlotte.
cneal25@uncc.edu
704-687-8470

Martha Thomas, current UNC Charlotte women's soccer player
@mart__thomas

Lisa Walker, Professor of Sociology UNCC
Lisa.Walker@uncc.edu

Fred Whitfield, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Charlotte Hornets. 
hooptee@theeventauthority.com
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:44:55 pm by metro »

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:33:40 pm
my only problem with this is the possible contradictory relationship between the "be polite" and the bullying threat in the IMPORTANT line.

way back in the day, i served as support staff for a number of search committees (chancellor, vice chancellors, deans, etc) and one of the first things we did was invite the very broad community (on and off-campus) to make comments and suggest criteria we should consider in our search.   i think it is VERY important for the decision-makers to understand what the most loyal and avid among the base want in the next AD, but anything that suggests bullying is not going to fly.   a big outpouring has led to big change.  but even the fighter who has just scored a knockdown had better exercise some caution.   strength has been demonstrated.  that, followed with some maturity, will be impressive.
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:53:20 pm
my only problem with this is the possible contradictory relationship between the "be polite" and the bullying threat in the IMPORTANT line.

way back in the day, i served as support staff for a number of search committees (chancellor, vice chancellors, deans, etc) and one of the first things we did was invite the very broad community (on and off-campus) to make comments and suggest criteria we should consider in our search.   i think it is VERY important for the decision-makers to understand what the most loyal and avid among the base want in the next AD, but anything that suggests bullying is not going to fly.   a big outpouring has led to big change.  but even the fighter who has just scored a knockdown had better exercise some caution.   strength has been demonstrated.  that, followed with some maturity, will be impressive.

Everyone on our side has had more maturity than UNCC admin. (Phils reply emails and public appearances are evidence)

the committee makeup is a slap in the face to Ninernation.  Maybe maturity on university side would help?

all female athletes?  not 1 male considered for the committee that played a sport? 

The threat is real.  Hire a policy wonk who doesn't value winning and marketing and we will go to dark places. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:06:39 pm by metro »

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:04:39 pm
will not contest u.
i just encourage this board to be aggressive in informing and helping shape the committee's thinking without lapsing over into what might appear as threatening, strong-arm tactics.   that approach will surely backfire.
that's all i'm saying.   surely we've gotten their attention!     
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:32:55 pm
will not contest u.
i just encourage this board to be aggressive in informing and helping shape the committee's thinking without lapsing over into what might appear as threatening, strong-arm tactics.   that approach will surely backfire.
that's all i'm saying.   surely we've gotten their attention!   
Will committee listen? If yes, how do we get that forum on short notice? Do they care? Will it matter?

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 03:39:04 am

Everyone on our side has had more maturity than UNCC admin. (Phils reply emails and public appearances are evidence)

the committee makeup is a slap in the face to Ninernation.  Maybe maturity on university side would help?

all female athletes?  not 1 male considered for the committee that played a sport? 

The threat is real.  Hire a policy wonk who doesn't value winning and marketing and we will go to dark places.

It almost seems like Phil let Judy and her cronies choose the search committee. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 06:10:09 am
I donít know anybody on this search committee personally. I donít know who Iíd have chosen differently, other than adding an alum rep, however, Phil choosing one of us was not going to happen. Itís not like they could pick somebody to represent the panthers at this moment either.

Guys, respectfully, if there are things you want FROM this search committee let them know. Their contact information is provided. Letís use the back channels (again) and see what kind of feedback you get. We know none of these people personally, except Phil, and we knew what we were gettting from him already.

Itís time to put the pitchforks down for a while and be strategic guys. We currently have a lot of high profile jobs up for grabs.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 06:19:19 am

Every word of this.

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 06:28:53 am
I don't have a clue if this committee will help provide the ideal AD for my taste or not, but if you think Judy will ride off into the sunset without influencing who this next AD is to some degree you are mistaken.  I also don't trust CHP to carry us into the end zone with a new AD any better than he can carry a football into the end zone with no defense, but that is what we have to work with.  I think until we get a Chancellor who understands that athletics and academics are not mutually exclusive we are screwed.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 06:46:04 am
....... if you think Judy will ride off into the sunset without influencing who this next AD is to some degree you are mistaken.

I agree, and this has been my concern the entire time. We are still not out of the woods.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49:57 am
clt recommends flying a banner from a drone during the meeting.

The banner should read ď hire Morrison!
ď

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 08:50:23 am
Please be thoughtful and respectful. If there is always an angry mob of fans you will always be tuned out.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 09:08:17 am
I completely agree with Earlyniner here, though I am extremely frustrated as are many here. Please do not personally attack or attempt to bully any of these people (it will get you nowhere, and the thought of being antagonistic to one of our current athletes really upsets me).

That said, DO focus on explaining what our criteria/goals are for a new AD are, much like has been done here on NNN, and by Agent49. I do think mentioning a renewed focus on the success of the "major revenue sports" is appropriate, as is mentioning that their success improves our standing in conference realignment, and brings in money to support all aspects of the program. We all know that it is criminal that there is not a representative with a background in either FB or MBB on that committee. We aren't changing that, but we can keep the focus on those sports and rebuilding trust with Charlotte prep programs so that we become Charlotte's university and a destination for local kids.   

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:51 am
I completely agree with Earlyniner here, though I am extremely frustrated as are many here. Please do not personally attack or attempt to bully any of these people (it will get you nowhere, and the thought of being antagonistic to one of our current athletes really upsets me).

That said, DO focus on explaining what our criteria/goals are for a new AD are, much like has been done here on NNN, and by Agent49. I do think mentioning a renewed focus on the success of the "major revenue sports" is appropriate, as is mentioning that their success improves our standing in conference realignment, and brings in money to support all aspects of the program. We all know that it is criminal that there is not a representative with a background in either FB or MBB on that committee. We aren't changing that, but we can keep the focus on those sports and rebuilding trust with Charlotte prep programs so that we become Charlotte's university and a destination for local kids.
There are tactful ways to say if you hire a shill we will revolt again.  Creative writing.  Also the fact this thread exists is a great starting point of driving the message home.  I don't think anyone else on this "chat page" would imply something rude to these people....sans Dubois. 

Respect and thoughtfulness in emails?  Absolutely

Hyperbole, torches, pitchforks on nnn?  You bet
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:34:05 am by metro »

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 09:38:38 am
The committee is just further evidence what horrible managers JuBois are.  We had toned down our rhetoric and were moving towards unity with the program and calmer water.

Then this so called list published?  Not a shrewd move by them. 

Rick Bonnell nailed it "definitive mess"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:42:12 am by metro »

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 09:40:18 am
clt says put servant leader on our list of demands.

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 10:11:33 am

[/size][/color]

Not 100% positive, but this may be Krista's email address - krista.long@calatl.com

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 10:44:17 am

Bob Brannan, Executive Vice President of Uwharrie Bank
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bob-brannan-b0638017/

Going to go out on a limb - bob.brannan@uwharrie.com

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 06:06:15 pm

[/size][/color]

Not 100% positive, but this may be Krista's email address - krista.long@calatl.com

Calatl just merged with Lennar so I imagine this email will change in the next few weeks.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 07:34:18 pm

[/size][/color]

Calatl just merged with Lennar so I imagine this email will change in the next few weeks.

clt says she doesnít have the 49ers as a book face fav team?

🤔

BleEDgreen49er

• Freshman
Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 10:57:35 pm
I had Leak for American Lit(04?), I enjoyed him and his class, he's been the faculty rep for awhile and I'm sure he's tight with the department, don't remember athletics being mentioned during English classes, but he was cool back then, but why would we have someone from the SoCon helping to choose our next AD?!?!  That makes little sense to me... not sure if anyone is a donor on that list, I'm guessing some are, but a few high level donors would be good, a few mid level would be good too, former athletes that are now professional or were professional would be good especially if they are successful in a business setting now.  I think invested, successful alumni should be asked to help this search...  I'd also like to think those that are on this committee want a winner and want to do a good job, here's hoping they get lucky, it's certainly a huge undertaking and I wouldn't want to be the one the messes it up. 

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 08:43:08 am
The list and especially the Commish of Southern Conference shows us who Phil thinks we are. Managed expectations. I find it hard to believe  the Commish of Southern Conference wants Charlotte in the AAC or any stronger position.  Hell he wants us in the Southern Conference.
You show a lot about yourself by the peers you surround yourself with.  This list leaves me underwhelmed for any breakthrough hire to lead us.
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 08:58:02 am
The list and especially the Commish of Southern Conference shows us who Phil thinks we are. Managed expectations. I find it hard to believe  the Commish of Southern Conference wants Charlotte in the AAC or any stronger position.  Hell he wants us in the Southern Conference.
You show a lot about yourself by the peers you surround yourself with.  This list leaves me underwhelmed for any breakthrough hire to lead us.

I wonder if Phil chose the SoCon guy and let Judy choose the female athletes with no male athletes. That's a scary thought when you think about it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:00:01 am by 49r9r »

BigTimeNiner

• Junior
Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 12:08:32 pm
After reading that list I just don't understand WTH is going on (or maybe I do
understand and just don't want to admit it).

I am so close to tapping out totally.

I certainly don't see this committee endorsing a go getter Alpha male type.
Please make something positive happen!!

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 12:20:46 pm
I'm not going to freak till we start hearing names in the mix for the gig..

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos