Author Topic: Attention all campers!! (and everyone else)  (Read 13729 times)

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
on: November 20, 2004, 02:54:34 am
I have a simple request, please DO NOT offer to get tickets for some lame losers that are gonna sit in the SECOND f***ing row and not even wear green or get loud.

I made a rule, along with the other guys I camp with, that we would be more than happy to get tickets for other students, but they have to agree to two very simple rules:  that have to GET LOUD, and they HAVE TO WEAR GREEN!

Here is the story...

Me and my buds walked down to our extremely kick ass third row seats, and I notice sitting right in front of us, in the SECOND ROW, are three preppy metrosexual frat boy-wannabe pussies wearing abercrombie or american eagle or some s*** like that.  To top it all off, one of the guys was wearing a tar heels hat.  I was so close to starting s*** with him....looking back on it I hate that I didnt.  So, on top of the fact that they arent wearing Niners gear, they were quiet as f****** church mice the whole damn game.  F***ing pussies.  WHO THE HELL GOT THEM TICKETS!?  

AAAGHHHH!!!!  :angry:  :fastgun:  :ticked:  :cuss:

NO ONE WHO ISNT GONNA WEAR GREEN AND ISNT GOING TO GET LOUD SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN THE LOWER LEVEL, ESPECIALLY NOT THE SECOND FREAKING ROW!!!

aaghhhh!!!!
 :cuss:
IF YOU CAMP OUT FOR GOOD TICKETS, THINK ABOUT WHO YOU ARE GETTING TICKS FOR!

PLEASE!
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

Powerbait

Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 03:24:47 am
That's why you're my boy, chisox!

Should have knocked his hat off, I would have if I was behind him.  

Even still, we made those jokers feel silly by actually knowing what we were talking about.  I hope you get better seats next camp out, like second row, you guys were good.  Now if we can just get that group behind you to know when to be loud and when to be cool, everything will be kosher.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 03:31:19 am
yeah, i was close to starting serious s*** with him.  they if they wanted to take it outside, me and my 6'6" 310 lb friend would have been more than happy to rumble B)
The 4 guys i brought to the game with me were loud as hell.  we were all losing our voices by halftime.  outside of the abercrombie pussies, the student section seemed hype as hell, i enjoyed it

Southern Pines N Da House

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 07:23:57 am
next time please make a comment!!!  me and my possie will have your back as well!!

iam4uncc

• Walk On
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 08:10:46 am
So how do you really feel chisox!!!!  I agree 100000%....

ninerID

• Athletic Director
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 08:54:04 am
i am behind you all the way, it really pisses me off when people make it a social event.
my good friend and i were talking about 3 simple rules for sitting in 104

1) wear green, maybe white with green
2) we put our picks up during free throws
3) its quite simply "ooooooooooooooo" on defense, you dont have to be loud at all, but a little noise times a lot of people can go a long way

sad thing is they'll be back for rutgers, maybe then you can get him, but me and my crew have your back
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

49erTacia

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 08:58:24 am
I would have to agree with you ninerID, itís not that hard to wear green and itís not that hard to simply go ooooooooooooooo when the crowd is in to it on defense.

This is a topic I am glad is being addressed right now early in the season.

HomeinHalton

• Walk On
  • Always will be ... The Voice of Halton Arena
Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 09:05:11 am
just embarrass them the next time your fellow students do something like that ... bring stiffs to a game ...

but this just might be the year that unc-ch hats disappear ... there's more than enough room on the 49er bandwagon!

C49er

• Senior
    • http://www.Charlotte49erFootball.com
Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 09:39:25 am
Chi, it's nice to have you guys down in 104.  We have set the same basic rules for our people getting tickets.  

I wouldn't worry so much about making those comments to the guys wearing the Tarheel hat and A&F clothes.  I would make those comments to the guys that got them the tickets.  It'd probably be pretty easy to find them.  I'm not sure that they post on here, but we will see them at the next campout.

NLP

Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 09:55:24 am
Won't be a problem.  Santa Clara did more for clearing out Halton of UNC-CH crap than anything short of bringing in Ron Artest.

ninerID

• Athletic Director
Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 11:15:10 am
someone wanna make a sign for the next student ticket handout date?

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 12:07:54 pm
i am really glad you guys are behind me on this.  i just have a few pet peeves that REALLY get to me. not wearing green and not getting loud are two of my biggest pet peeves.  if those three guys are back in front of us again at rutgers, which they probably will be, me and my boys are gonna say something to them

ninerID

• Athletic Director
Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 12:25:41 pm
Originally posted by Chisox17@Nov 20 2004, 01:24 PM
i am really glad you guys are behind me on this.  i just have a few pet peeves that REALLY get to me. not wearing green and not getting loud are two of my biggest pet peeves.  if those three guys are back in front of us again at rutgers, which they probably will be, me and my boys are gonna say something to them
HECK YEAH!

Powerbait

Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 12:36:11 pm
Originally posted by Chisox17@Nov 20 2004, 12:24 PM
If you've got a problem with me at games man, just say something to my face...

BigHugeTent49

• Walk On
    • http://
Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 12:40:52 pm
Originally posted by Chisox17@Nov 20 2004, 03:48 AM
if they wanted to take it outside, me and my 6'6" 310 lb friend would have been more than happy to rumble
Hell yeah, Chisox, you know I'd love to tussle with some haters like that. Seriously guys, if you're gonna snatch tickets for people when you camp out, don't give them to people who are gonna act like Charlotte basketball is a Baptist church service!! GIVE'M TO PEOPLE WHO WILL GET HYPE AS HELL!!!!!
This s****s Chess, it ain't Checkers!

SKEET SKEET

• Walk On
Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 06:43:52 pm
Well, I was on the 3rd row in 104 also, those abercrombie kids royally pissed me off also, they showed up at halftime and one of the guys basically made out with his girlfriend the entire game, If they show up next game not wearing green, let's make the feel not welcome b/c they aren't welcome doing that

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 07:00:48 pm
DEEEZ! hell yeah I knew you would be with me on this one.

Im glad everyone has my back on this topic.  Theres gonna be a boss-nasty throw down if i have to look at a carolina hat and american eagle s*** the whole game on monday.

f*** you frat boy wannabes

SKEET SKEET

• Walk On
Reply #17 on: November 20, 2004, 07:06:46 pm
The thing I don't get about Halton Arena is the season ticket holder sections.  The student's section will put out energy and enthusiasm against anyone we play, it's called being loyal 49ers fans.  But we can only account for one side the of the Arena.  Is there not a way where we could make our section bigger and put some of the season tickets up in the 2nd level, has it been talked about or anything like that?

NLP

Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 07:12:12 pm
Whoa now, whoa.  All the stuff that needs to be paid for, comes from that side of the arena.  We are very fortunate to have such a large student section, and have it so close to the court.  I love the enthusiasm of some of the new student fans, but don't discount the contribution of alumni and boosters just because they don't whoop and hollar.  Though I do know some who do and quite impressively.

Until the tards and tarholes are out of the student section, there should be no calling out of alumni.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #19 on: November 20, 2004, 07:15:45 pm
Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud@Nov 20 2004, 07:29 PM
Until the tards and tarholes are out of the student section, there should be no calling out of alumni.
word

SKEET SKEET

• Walk On
Reply #20 on: November 20, 2004, 07:20:01 pm
No, I am not calling out the alumni, we have some good alumni support, I never questioned that, but there is a lot of seats over there where people sit watch the game and enjoy the game.  If Halton is supposed to be one of the toughest places to play, I could only imagine if the entire lower level was on their feet during the game and was vocal, that's all I was asking about

User not found

Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 07:22:10 pm
Originally posted by SKEET SKEET@Nov 20 2004, 07:23 PM
Is there not a way where we could make our section bigger and put some of the season tickets up in the 2nd level, has it been talked about or anything like that?
Are you kidding?  Who do you think is funding the athletic department?  
If anything the students need to be moved behind the baskets so the lower level seats behind the benches can be sold to alum and corporations.  They know they could sell them if they were available and I know it has been talked about but Woodward won't allow it to happen under his watch.  He will be gone soon and it might happen and should.  They have plenty of potential donors if those seats become available.

Butter49er

• Freshman
Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 07:25:21 pm
Originally posted by Chisox17@Nov 20 2004, 07:17 PM
f*** you frat boy wannabes
Speaking of frat boys, it looks pretty bad over in 105 as always.  The frat that wore those yellow shirts is gone and everyone else moved down.  The guys replacing them were all wearing frat letter shirts, none of which were green.  Also some people sitting all game over there.  The sororities didn't have a hint of green either.  The only green we get over there is the bright green the first frat wears.

If frats are your thing, that's cool, but with all the money those guys pay/get I think it would be a good investment for them to get a Niner green shirt made for every member.  Have their frat letters all over it, it doesn't matter, but it would look 100 times better if 104 and 105 were washed out in green.  The frats are good fans, the majority of them are always on their feet and yelling all game long, gotta love that, but it would just look so much better if they all wore green.

And another note on this topic, a lot of other schools with unified shirts have those made through the school.  Whether it's part of a bigger student group(ala Gang Green, but with some schools their group is pretty much mandatory to join if you want good seats) or if they just lay out shirts before a game on the seats.  If everyone who set down low HAD to be part of some group(call it Gang Green, call it whatever you want, it doesn't really matter) and they paid a small fee to join (I think GG is $10) and were given a t-shirt, I guarentee there would be MUCH less of a problem getting people to wear green.  Include frats in it as well, just give them the rights to distribute ALL lower level student seats, don't change how they distribute tickets(still have campouts, ect), but make it so that if you aren't in that group, you can only get upper level seats.  I don't think anybody here or who puts in the effort to sit lower level would be against a small fee to get a shirt.  Just some ideas, a lot of other schools seem so unified and have so much school spirit, but a lot of those schools have the school itself involved in getting all of that set up.  Right now people are ASSUMED to wear green in the lower level, but if they paid and everyone had the same green shirt, they would become EXPECTED to wear green.  I know most of us would expect people to wear green now, but I know people who go to school here and don't own a Charlotte shirt.  MAKE them pay the fee and hand them a shirt, they will have no excuses then.

SKEET SKEET

• Walk On
Reply #23 on: November 20, 2004, 07:27:33 pm
I didn't mean to piss everyone, but I mean I went to NC State for a year and The Wolfpack Club funds 100% of all scholarships and everything the athletic department needs and everything and the Student's section still makes a large section at Basketball games. Maybe instead of alumni moving, maybe the guys who hold up their hands in diamonds instead of picks during free throws should move...

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #24 on: November 20, 2004, 07:41:05 pm
My Boy Chisox....  I saw that dude in the Carolina hat and I thought of you.  Wish you would have called him out at the game, love to see a brawl in the student section.   I think the most important thing we can do is come up with a uniform shirt that everyone can wear to the games.  It is amazing to go to Wake games now and see every single student and half of all the other fans wearing those ugly ass tie dyed deacon shirt.  You would want to wear them anywhere else, but at the games they look awesome and I think make a huge difference.  Who do we need to talk to to get this shirt thing done???
If your not a 49er club member, NOW is the time to join.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos