Author Topic: www.fire-judyrose.com  (Read 4893 times)

metro

on: November 23, 2004, 04:04:58 pm
this belongs on the main page because its not smack, but won't last, so I'll say it here.

don't worry about Bobby, Judy is what holds this entire program back.

We have been mid major at every sport for 15 years now.

She has done a good job of taking us from the little Sunbelt to the midmajor A10, but now its time to let someone else come in to get us to another level, ie: some form of football, a real D1 budget, an AD who grows fundraising, and maybe even hire....oh my gosh....49ers in the department who have passion for the place and not so worried about thier resumes.  :o

bobblinlutz

• Freshman
    • http://
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 04:13:56 pm
I gotta believe you on this one Metro.  I'd love to see someone in this role who actually has a vision for some form of football, rather than a person who can do nothing but point to the reasons we can't have it.  ECU got Terry Holland who came in running his mouth, but hell at least he wants to see improvement and move to another level.

I hate to say it, but do you think it's a coincidence that she doesn't seem as concerned about football because, she's a she??  I think Title-IX is a joke so you can bash me all you want, but seriously, who's buying tix to our volleyball matches??

Judy does seem content to hand out little medals to all the athletes once a season and to have this nice, cute, little program for people in the charlotte community to kinda support.

NinerOne

• Senior Captain
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 04:27:46 pm
how much money does this woman make?
"Relativism will certainly damn our souls and end our species." - C.S. Lewis

“And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?”
–Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781

metro

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 04:38:14 pm
Originally posted by NinerOne@Nov 23 2004, 04:33 PM
how much money does this woman make?
not sure what Judy makes, but the assistant AD's make 50-60ish, and I would wager Judy is in the low 100's.

pay is not the issue. someone capable would be worth 250k+ a year.

bobblinlutz

• Freshman
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 04:44:41 pm
She isn't going anywhere, but it sure is nice to speculate.  I don't really think anyone in the administration gives a s*** about the same things us fans care about.  The influence for such a change would have to come from influential alumni and boosters...I'm not sure we have those to any degree.  But I'm speaking about something I'm far from an expert on.

metro

Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 04:56:06 pm
Originally posted by bobblinlutz@Nov 23 2004, 04:50 PM
She isn't going anywhere, but it sure is nice to speculate.  I don't really think anyone in the administration gives a s*** about the same things us fans care about.  The influence for such a change would have to come from influential alumni and boosters...I'm not sure we have those to any degree.  But I'm speaking about something I'm far from an expert on.
I have quit buying season tickets to hoops. Its not much, but I have probably given a total of $2000 for the last 8 years, but its over. As long as Judy is there, my wallet is closed. I hate it too, because I love the school, and I am making more money now than I ever imagined, and can give alot more now than I did before.

It will take alot of small players like me, or a few big hitters. Whichever, I pray for the day.

User not found

Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 06:02:59 pm
See you're back to make some more friends, Metro.  Perfect.

switchfoot

• Assistant Coach
Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 07:08:43 pm
I am not sure what the deal is with Judy.  I haven't been around Charlotte long enough to give an honest opinion either way on her.  However, I still don't like the move to the A-10 because of what it does to football chances.

metro

Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 07:17:22 pm
Originally posted by switchfoot@Nov 23 2004, 07:14 PM
I am not sure what the deal is with Judy. I haven't been around Charlotte long enough to give an honest opinion either way on her. However, I still don't like the move to the A-10 because of what it does to football chances.
move to A10 = pressure off the "non 49er resume hawks" in our athleetic department who are afraid to step up.

metro

Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 07:20:23 pm
Originally posted by 49erpi@Nov 23 2004, 06:08 PM
See you're back to make some more friends, Metro. Perfect.
I could care less about friends, I have plenty of them.

I want what's best for 49ers and our school, not the careers of individuals.

franchise49er

• Sophomore
Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 10:45:17 pm
Metro.....well stated posts.  Some people don't want to hear the truth.  I'm with you on this one.

Craven Morehead

• Walk On
Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 11:10:06 am
Originally posted by metro@Nov 23 2004, 05:02 PM
I have quit buying season tickets to hoops. Its not much, but I have probably given a total of $2000 for the last 8 years, but its over. As long as Judy is there, my wallet is closed. I hate it too, because I love the school, and I am making more money now than I ever imagined, and can give alot more now than I did before.

It will take alot of small players like me, or a few big hitters. Whichever, I pray for the day.
Seems to me that this approach is totally conterproductive.  Money equals influence in this situation.  Good or bad, the more you give the more your concerns will have to be listened to.  This is just my opinion, but posting on this message board will do little to nothing to get your objectives accomplished.

Also, everyone is aware that Title IX deals with much more than college athletics, right?

metro

Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 11:34:52 am
Originally posted by Craven Morehead+Nov 24 2004, 11:16 AM-->
QUOTE (Craven Morehead @ Nov 24 2004, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE (LutzFan @ Nov 26 2004, 12:24 AM)
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t