Author Topic: 2009 NN.NIT selection  (Read 17822 times)

The Lax

• Senior
on: February 24, 2009, 10:05:22 pm
Since kevinharbin is starting up his selection for the POY, Ill start the NNNIT selection.

Basically, I dont really care who makes it into this tournament, as long as he/she is a current/active poster. I had a formula to pick last years field, but one half of the criteria has been eliminated from the site.

This is where you all come in.

Help me select a field. Post who you think should be in the NNNIT. The only requirements I have are : 1) Not in the POY tournament. 2) Active poster

Nominate as many or as few people as you want. I'll use your picks over the next few weeks to select my field of 32.

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:14:51 pm
Quote from: The Lax;386974
Since kevinharbin is starting up his selection for the POY, Ill start the NNNIT selection.

Basically, I dont really care who makes it into this tournament, as long as he/she is a current/active poster. I had a formula to pick last years field, but one half of the criteria has been eliminated from the site.

This is where you all come in.

Help me select a field. Post who you think should be in the NNNIT. The only requirements I have are : 1) Not in the POY tournament. 2) Active poster

Nominate as many or as few people as you want. I'll use your picks over the next few weeks to select my field of 32.

I nominate arn for this quote...

"Mr. Sparty is to NN.net as the 49ers are to the Observer... the latter organizations acknowledge the existence of the formers only when they are absolutely forced to"
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:19:11 pm
I think ranking #91 puts me on the bubble. If I don't make it again this year I'm sponsoring the NN.N CBI.

It will be a banner year for the ole donkey.

Lutz4Life

• Sophomore
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:29:34 pm
I have to get some points for my contributions to the PVT right?? Please? Lax you know Im here almost as much as you..
Quote from SalukiTalk.Net

PatokaSaluki:
"Theres a difference. There is no parity like there is between us and SLU, where we exchange home wins, Charlotte just pretty much owns us no matter where the game is."
:49ers:

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:33:38 pm
Quote from: The Lax;386987
There were NNNIT participants who were ranked #250+. state your case in the proper thread and ill consider it.

I never got my NNNIT Reject Banner last year. I think the only way to compensate me is to award me the #1 overall seed for the entire tournament....and also rig my match-ups so that I win automatically. Go ahead and just give me the trophy.

swilson47

• Freshman
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 11:33:16 pm
I nominate myself this year, as I was snubbed last year.
Quote from: GSpotNiner;303374
HELL YEA WILSON! DO UR THING! IM BEHIND YA!!! HAAAATTTTEEEEERRRRSSSSS!!!!

Lutz4Life

• Sophomore
Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 11:11:14 am
Bumping this because it was hidden!!!!!

PatokaSaluki:
"Theres a difference. There is no parity like there is between us and SLU, where we exchange home wins, Charlotte just pretty much owns us no matter where the game is."

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
    • University Name Change Campaign
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 11:14:13 am
Anyone want to nominate me? :49ers:
(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

(10:25:26) NLP49: Dude, you're not Hooner. Only Hooner is.
(10:25:32) NLP49: And even he doesn't rub it in our faces.

(11:59:07) Charlotte2002: hooner's honesty is admirable

spartyniner

• Sophomore
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:44:07 am
Quote from: J Felt;386982
I nominate arn for this quote...

"Mr. Sparty is to NN.net as the 49ers are to the Observer... the latter organizations acknowledge the existence of the formers only when they are absolutely forced to"

Even I find that slightly amusing coming from you guys, of course.
Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment?
-The Program (1993)

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 03:30:23 pm
Quote from: spartyniner;387126
Even I find that slightly amusing coming from you guys, of course.

Every time I look at Sparty's picture all I can think about is that I need to work out more!

Mr. SpartyNiner, winner of life's lottery!:tongue:

Darren

• Freshman
Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 05:21:38 pm
Quote from: Hooner49;387105
Anyone want to nominate me? :49ers:

I'll nominate you if you nominate me.
I dream of a day where I ride the LYNX light rail to a football game at The University of Charlotte (the largest and most prestigious school in North Carolina), and tailgate between our medical and law school buildings.

The dream will be realized sooner than we think.

The Lax

• Senior
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 05:23:22 pm
i never said you couldnt nominate yourself.......

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 05:36:51 pm
Quote from: The Lax;387309
i never said you couldnt nominate yourself.......

I graciously accept a nomination from myself. Thanks again #1 fan.
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 09:25:40 pm
I want to be in the NIT.

What I've brought to the Nation

1)  I've been on boards for 15 years defending the Niners from all foes.  If you back to AOL's Metro board, you'll find a post from me calling Virginia Tech the 65 best team in the country for winning the 1995 NIT.  The Advocate can back me on this.
2)  I've been banned from a Louisville board, a UAB board, a Memphis board and a Fordham board (for ragging on their rough looking cheerleaders)
3)  I ran with 49erpi when I was in college
4) I lobbied for Charles' #45 to be a number of honor given to the player who gave the most effort (kind of a Chucky Mullins thing).  I am OK that this didn't go thru.
5)  I stormed the court twice in college and have looked on approvingly as an alum twice.
6)  I caught two foul balls at the Niner vs. HPU games played in Greensboro a few years ago.  I gave both balls to kids.
7)  I watched us lose to X in the tourney a few years back with HP (shameless namedropping, see #3)
8)  I'm the defending two time "avatar of the year" poster.
9)  I'm a future owner of two FSL's.
10)  I've had over 600 posts and not one has been bad.  Examples: post #413 "I hear ya," post #519 "Zip it, Bait" and post #650 "Word."
11)  I suggested the marking of the 49 yard lines on the football field instead of the 50.

Screw the NIT.  
Kevinharbin, put me in the big dance.  I've played my way in.

Tintin
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
    • University Name Change Campaign
Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 09:28:18 pm
I'm nominate darren, he's the man. THE UNIVERSITY OF CHARLOTTE OR BUST!
(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

(10:25:26) NLP49: Dude, you're not Hooner. Only Hooner is.
(10:25:32) NLP49: And even he doesn't rub it in our faces.

(11:59:07) Charlotte2002: hooner's honesty is admirable

Darren

• Freshman
Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 09:05:48 am
Hooner49 gets a nomination from me too.  Does the winner get a free FSL?
I dream of a day where I ride the LYNX light rail to a football game at The University of Charlotte (the largest and most prestigious school in North Carolina), and tailgate between our medical and law school buildings.

The dream will be realized sooner than we think.

kevinharbin

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • !,000
    • http://claimid.com/kevinharbin
Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 09:10:57 am
Quote from: Tintin;387902
I want to be in the NIT.

What I've brought to the Nation

1) I've been on boards for 15 years defending the Niners from all foes. If you back to AOL's Metro board, you'll find a post from me calling Virginia Tech the 65 best team in the country for winning the 1995 NIT. The Advocate can back me on this.
2) I've been banned from a Louisville board, a UAB board, a Memphis board and a Fordham board (for ragging on their rough looking cheerleaders)
3) I ran with 49erpi when I was in college
4) I lobbied for Charles' #45 to be a number of honor given to the player who gave the most effort (kind of a Chucky Mullins thing). I am OK that this didn't go thru.
5) I stormed the court twice in college and have looked on approvingly as an alum twice.
6) I caught two foul balls at the Niner vs. HPU games played in Greensboro a few years ago. I gave both balls to kids.
7) I watched us lose to X in the tourney a few years back with HP (shameless namedropping, see #3)
8) I'm the defending two time "avatar of the year" poster.
9) I'm a future owner of two FSL's.
10) I've had over 600 posts and not one has been bad. Examples: post #413 "I hear ya," post #519 "Zip it, Bait" and post #650 "Word."
11) I suggested the marking of the 49 yard lines on the football field instead of the 50.

Screw the NIT.
Kevinharbin, put me in the big dance. I've played my way in.

Tintin
I accept nominations by PM.
Kevin Harbin
+110 cool points from Gill2003
"lol. They can see your dissent in their caulderon. "~NLP
"k

The Lax

• Senior
Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 10:32:10 pm
I will be sending out invitations via PM tomorrow. It will be up to you whether or not you decide to participate. As far as I know, you can participate in both tournaments, but Ill leave that final decision up to kevinharbin, so choose wisely.

The tournament has a tentative start date of March 16, that way the student participants will be back from spring break.

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 10:33:53 pm
Why not wait until after the POY tourney field is announced?!1eleven?
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

The Lax

• Senior
Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 10:36:25 pm
Quote from: J Felt;388523
Why not wait until after the POY tourney field is announced?!1eleven?

Make things interesting. Also, that way we dont have both tournaments running at the same time.

thelew1014

Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 10:46:04 pm
Quote from: The Lax;388524
Make things interesting. Also, that way we dont have both tournaments running at the same time.

Meh, I like the way we did it last year... if you don't make the big dance, you can always make the NNNIT

The Lax

• Senior
Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 10:49:23 pm
Quote from: thelew1014;388526
Meh, I like the way we did it last year... if you don't make the big dance, you can always make the NNNIT

I cant do it the same way I did it last year. My formula is ruined, which was what made mine different from KH's. Im still giving a lot of new posters a chance to make a name for themselves. Im also giving people the option of whther or not they want to participate. IF they think theyll make the POY, then fine dont accept. If you think you wont, accept an invite. If you think youll get an invite and the KH will let you participate in his, go for the gold and try to be the first ever double champ.

Im still taking a lot of posters that are "on the bubble" or below, like last year, i just dont have a formula to make selection/seeding easier

The Lax

• Senior
Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 11:07:23 pm
If you recieve a PM, please reply with a response. If you dont want to participate the PLEASE let me know. If your cool with it, you dont really need to respond as I'll assume you will be participating

I forgot this in the PMs:
DEADLINE IS SUNDAY MARCH 15TH 11:59pm EDT!!

Lutz4Life

• Sophomore
Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 11:50:10 pm
WooOHOOOoooo!!!

L4L is in the NIT!! Guess those late nights surfing the web to add to the PVT were worth something!!

:49ers::biggrin::lol:

PatokaSaluki:

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos