Author Topic: Football facilities and expansion  (Read 60408 times)

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #500 on: June 27, 2017, 12:47:48 pm
Credit to Judy for a real article with more than just fluff.

Nice to see some updates,  even if there aren't firm details yet.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #501 on: June 27, 2017, 01:09:30 pm
It's great to see the expansion topic discussed publicly, albeit, without concrete plans.  Judy is pretty calculated and doesn't broach things lightly.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #502 on: June 27, 2017, 01:41:24 pm
I'd love to see how the current expansion drawings differ from the original expansion renderings.

ghostofclt

• Walk On
Reply #503 on: June 27, 2017, 01:42:58 pm
clt says it is hard to tailgate on a train.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #504 on: June 28, 2017, 10:21:04 am
http://charlotte49ers.com/news/2017/6/27/49er-club-from-the-desk-of-ad-judy-rose.aspx

There will not be substantial changes for the 2017 season
So this means there were be insubstantial changes?  I am curious to see what they might be.  There are plenty of opportunities to tweak things.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #505 on: June 28, 2017, 10:51:38 am
We should sticky post this survey. AD needs all the feedback we can deliver.

http://charlotte49ers.com/sb_output.aspx?form=20

sleepydog

• Walk On
Reply #506 on: July 14, 2017, 01:58:01 pm
We should sticky post this survey. AD needs all the feedback we can deliver.

http://charlotte49ers.com/sb_output.aspx?form=20

They want to here from you!  :rolleyes:

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #507 on: July 14, 2017, 03:49:42 pm
my response to the survey question on there that asks what they can do to create a better gameday experience
Win and no longer have students participate in events on center court wearing the jersey's of players that have transferred out of the program. the halftime entertainment at basketball games has been subpar recently. Instead of youth group on unicycles, get halftime entertainment that will pump up the fans. also, the song played during the intro of men's basketball games is dull. Find one that gets players and fans excited.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #508 on: July 14, 2017, 05:50:27 pm
my response to the survey question on there that asks what they can do to create a better gameday experience
Win and no longer have students participate in events on center court wearing the jersey's of players that have transferred out of the program. the halftime entertainment at basketball games has been subpar recently. Instead of youth group on unicycles, get halftime entertainment that will pump up the fans. also, the song played during the intro of men's basketball games is dull. Find one that gets players and fans excited.

Did someone hack your account? I agree with what you posted, especially the basketball intro songs.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #509 on: July 14, 2017, 06:26:09 pm

Did someone hack your account? I agree with what you posted, especially the basketball intro songs.

i know you guys think of me as an optimistic person but when it comes to the athletic department, there is nobody who is more negative or dislikes our a.d more than me.

ghostofclt

• Walk On
Reply #510 on: July 14, 2017, 07:58:21 pm

clt says slow down bro. Unicycles are woke.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #511 on: July 14, 2017, 11:42:32 pm

After saying what you don't like, I'm sure you made some concrete, specific suggestions as to how to make improvements. No? Thought not.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #512 on: July 15, 2017, 07:32:17 am

After saying what you don't like, I'm sure you made some concrete, specific suggestions as to how to make improvements. No? Thought not.

sorry judy, i'll send a more specific message. it's amazing, we should be getting mad at the a.d. and we are sitting here arguing with each other.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #513 on: July 15, 2017, 10:29:46 am

This is snarky but valid point.

I'm sure, despite what most of us think, that there are plenty of people in the athletic dept that want the game day experience to be the best it can be....they just need ideas.  Survey's like this give us a chance to share those ideas.

Voicing criticism is easy to do and has value in these surveys....but making suggestions is far more beneficial...albeit far more difficult to come up with.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:31:22 am by TRLeader »
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #514 on: July 15, 2017, 12:45:01 pm
My suggestion:  Scrap the homecoming queen stuff and replace it with a bikini contest, applicable to females only, of course.  Crap, do this every game and it may increase attendance. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #515 on: July 15, 2017, 01:24:24 pm
My suggestion:  Scrap the homecoming queen stuff and replace it with a bikini contest, applicable to females only, of course.  Crap, do this every game and it may increase attendance.
I like this idea.

emf

• Senior
Reply #516 on: July 15, 2017, 02:28:28 pm

This is snarky but valid point.

I'm sure, despite what most of us think, that there are plenty of people in the athletic dept that want the game day experience to be the best it can be....they just need ideas.  Survey's like this give us a chance to share those ideas.

Voicing criticism is easy to do and has value in these surveys....but making suggestions is far more beneficial...albeit far more difficult to come up with.
Can't they just copy what successful programs do?

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #517 on: July 15, 2017, 02:42:07 pm
May have to switch to tee shirts if there is rain.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #518 on: July 15, 2017, 05:03:04 pm

I second this. I dig the unicycle kids. Nothing wrong with them.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #519 on: July 15, 2017, 05:43:30 pm

other than being boring. its probably good for hot dog sales because as soon as people see that this is the halftime entertainment, that is where people head.

ghostofclt

• Walk On
Reply #520 on: July 16, 2017, 08:30:13 am

other than being boring. its probably good for hot dog sales because as soon as people see that this is the halftime entertainment, that is where people head.

clt hopes you are kidding.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #521 on: July 16, 2017, 01:44:20 pm

Nah. Some of us head upstairs for the world class potato chips they serve at halftime.

ghostofclt

• Walk On
Reply #522 on: July 16, 2017, 06:52:28 pm

Nah. Some of us head upstairs for the world class potato chips they serve at halftime.

clt hopes you like plain lays. Ranch or BBQ is too much. Kentucky may have that son.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #523 on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:53 am

I like this idea, but the restrictions need to be more specific. After all, the definition of "female" has changed since I was a teen.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos