Author Topic: 2018 Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 6784 times)

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #50 on: November 24, 2017, 11:04:18 am
Big O piece about South Iredell QB Brady Pope.

Charlotteobserver.com: Record-setting QB from Iredell County reminds one area coach of Favre, Manziel

clt expects Clemson and VT to offer now.
...and the young man to accept one of those.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #51 on: November 24, 2017, 01:16:49 pm
Here is the reality from a HS coach who knows more than almost anyone on this board except 2k about recruiting.
This staff does NOT try to recruit Charlotte. They have not been out to a single one of our practices or games, they came to one scrimmage with 4 teams that we were in and that's it. Funny, that scrimmage featured West Forsyth and coach Henry's son.
It is so infuriating that they do not try to recruit Charlotte. I don't wanna hear any BS about they cannot compete for recruits, if they were trying I'd buy your bullcrap point, but that isn't the case. This staff is so beyond toxic for the legitimacy of the program it is sickening.
A back like Milan Howard should be a lock to go to Charlotte, we waited and waited and FINALLY offered him, but doubt he has any interest in coming here knowing who else will offer and we won't even try.
There are tons of players at Mallard Creek, Butler, Vance, Christian, Catholic, South Pointe, South Point, Crest, etc
Need I go on? TRY!!!! SHOW UP BUILD RELATIONSHIPS DAMNIT.
There is a reason we are getting turned away by recruits here because we don't give a damn.
Here are some stats for you guys:
Charlotte's 2018 recruiting class rank on 247: 128, ahead of power houses like Utah State and Princeton, but trails freakin Montana St
Two Charlotte area recuits, one doesn't even count because he is the DCs son who is a 0 star. Not one commit from Mecklenburg County
Last year 4 kids in a class of 21 with NONE from Meck. County. Total damn joke.
Those of you who don't like it when I complain about not enough local recruits...deal with it! It will kill our program.
I know several coaches refuse to even give us the time of day and that list will only grow the more we ignore our own damn county. Complete joke.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

_BL_Niner

• Walk On
Reply #52 on: November 24, 2017, 02:46:18 pm
Here is the reality from a HS coach who knows more than almost anyone on this board except 2k about recruiting.
This staff does NOT try to recruit Charlotte. They have not been out to a single one of our practices or games, they came to one scrimmage with 4 teams that we were in and that's it. Funny, that scrimmage featured West Forsyth and coach Henry's son.
It is so infuriating that they do not try to recruit Charlotte. I don't wanna hear any BS about they cannot compete for recruits, if they were trying I'd buy your bullcrap point, but that isn't the case. This staff is so beyond toxic for the legitimacy of the program it is sickening.
A back like Milan Howard should be a lock to go to Charlotte, we waited and waited and FINALLY offered him, but doubt he has any interest in coming here knowing who else will offer and we won't even try.
There are tons of players at Mallard Creek, Butler, Vance, Christian, Catholic, South Pointe, South Point, Crest, etc
Need I go on? TRY!!!! SHOW UP BUILD RELATIONSHIPS DAMNIT.
There is a reason we are getting turned away by recruits here because we don't give a damn.
Here are some stats for you guys:
Charlotte's 2018 recruiting class rank on 247: 128, ahead of power houses like Utah State and Princeton, but trails freakin Montana St
Two Charlotte area recuits, one doesn't even count because he is the DCs son who is a 0 star. Not one commit from Mecklenburg County
Last year 4 kids in a class of 21 with NONE from Meck. County. Total damn joke.
Those of you who don't like it when I complain about not enough local recruits...deal with it! It will kill our program.
I know several coaches refuse to even give us the time of day and that list will only grow the more we ignore our own damn county. Complete joke.

Youíre 100% right. Itís pathetic how our recruiting has fallen off, and it was never great to begin with. Phil Ratliff and Napoleon Sykes were our Charlotte recruiters and no longer having them completely cut off our Char/Meck recruiting.

This is a big reason why I think Lambert should be fired. He hasnít adjusted our recruiting areas at all. That stat you listed about our lack of players from Mecklenburg is really disturbing.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #53 on: November 24, 2017, 03:19:26 pm
Our recruiting philosophy in all sports should be as follows:

1.) very good Charlotte metro area kids that donít want to leave home 2.) Regional kids (within 250 miles) that want to come to a vibrant city for college 3.) National kids that have some connection to the staff or the area 4.) Transfers from bigger programs wanting more playing time 5.) Jucos.

This isnít rocket science.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #54 on: November 24, 2017, 07:59:05 pm

Charlotteobserver.com: Record-setting QB from Iredell County reminds one area coach of Favre, Manziel

From Pope's comments about the Niners, doesn't sound like someone who's going to reneg on his commitment.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #55 on: November 24, 2017, 08:23:42 pm

From Pope's comments about the Niners, doesn't sound like someone who's going to reneg on his commitment.

clt bets he makes us forget about that Riley guy

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 10:09:11 pm

clt bets he makes us forget about that Riley guy

Nope. Too many obsessive types around here.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.Ē
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #57 on: November 25, 2017, 07:03:28 am
We should be relentless in recruiting the Charlotte metro area. It blows my mind we haven't made great relationships with the coaches in this area.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos