Author Topic: Will our AD help hold UNC accountable  (Read 2910 times)

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 01:08:32 pm

Aha! We have it folks. The real reason Bobby Lutz and Alan Major didn't succeed was because UNC Chapel Hill was cheating. And that's probably why Mark Price isn't winning too. If only Judy had done something and brought the hammer down on chapel hill we wouldn't be in this predicament!

You must be high.

Things must be truly awful wherever you live. No one ever talks down to me about going to Charlotte. Most people don't even really recognize the fact that we even have sports to begin with. Which is the first problem, not random people talking smack.

If people are talking trash to you it's probably because you are randomly interrupting their conversations with things like, "Yeah, well I went to a school that doesn't cheat, and you didn't even go to that school anyway." It's s*** like this (on top of our school not doing anything) that gets us that gets us no good pub from state radio shows. We are so toxic and ready to talk down every single other school out there with nothing to show for it.

That's very elitist and messed up of you. Like I said, only 30% of NC residents graduated from a 4 year school, even less attended a school with D1 basketball, even less attended a school that has ever been halfway relevant (im including us in this). Know your place community college grads! Know your place those of you who only went to high school. Know where you fit in the equation.

We have no place talking down to people with where we are at. Bring them all in. I want our school to represent the city even more, and then to move beyond that and be the one and only school that represents both North and South Carolina and reaches out to York County and Cherokee county, etc. Bring them all in.

Yeah, chapel hill cheated. What is Judy supposed to do about it? She can't do a single damn thing. And I really don't want her to. I want her to focus on actually putting a winning product on the field/court/diamond.

We aren't in the ACC. We aren't rivals of the tar heels. There is no reason for you to be talking s*** to a team that just won the national championship and we had our worst rpi in recorded rpi history.

The issues that exist between our 2 schools that actually matter reside at the chancellor and board of governors levels. Make your efforts there.

If we cheated like Chapel Hill did Phil Jones stays on the team.  Think that would have made a difference?  Again I just want to be playing under the same rules.  Judy can't control what happens at Chapel Hill, but if they escape punishment then why shouldn't we operate under the same rules?  What happens with them and the NCAA absolutely impacts us.  You  know what else impacts us?  Their soccer players taking advantage of those rules when they beat us for the title.  Their players taking advantage of that system when they knocked us out of the NCAA tounry.  Their players not being held accountable when we have played them in baseball.  Them winning and cheating to do so makes our life more difficult in every way.  You are right we need to fight it at the BoG level and with a new chancellor, but we have to fight that battle everyday with every person and especially with our alums and students that don't see how Chapel Hill and their conduct impacts us.

I drive a ambulance that says Charlotte 49ers on it - so yeah people talk to me all the time.

As I said I don't care if people want to be fans of wherever, but if you did not go to the school for whom you are cheering for you lose the right to talk smack to me about the school from which I have diploma.   You literally don't have a dog in the fight.  Chapel Hill wins - awesome, they lose no biggie because you don't have any connection besides the fact you are just a GD fan.  It's like Duke walmart fans talking about how great a school Duke is.  F - You  you didn't go there, so dont talk to me about Duke academics.  I didn't say don't cheer and dont be a fan - I said don't talk smack to me or get offended when I talk s*** about a school that does impact the school to whom I am connected to.  If that makes me elitist - then fine, I don't really care.

You know what we had when we were winning?  A FU attitude to the world.  We were assholes.  We didn't give a flyingfuck what people thought and we had a chip on our shoulder.  The entire school did.  I still do.

Preach on! I don't always agree with you, but you perfectly echo my thoughts on this subject.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 01:12:39 pm
This is just a thread for bitching now, right?  I don't want to take us off topic.

Why is it that the NCAA has the time and resources available to get all hot an bothered about HB2 and reschedule sporting events because an ill-conceived law in NC impacts a very, very small number of people, but they cannot focus on UNC-CH using ineligible athletes who participated in academic fraud and received impermissible benefits.  Additionally, the faculty and staff at that university conspired to perpetuate this fraud for decades and deceive the NCAA about it!  NCAA, where is your focus?

Thanks.
#unc-CHeatingPays

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 01:26:16 pm
This is just a thread for bitching now, right?  I don't want to take us off topic.

Why is it that the NCAA has the time and resources available to get all hot an bothered about HB2 and reschedule sporting events because an ill-conceived law in NC impacts a very, very small number of people, but they cannot focus on UNC-CH using ineligible athletes who participated in academic fraud and received impermissible benefits.  Additionally, the faculty and staff at that university conspired to perpetuate this fraud for decades and deceive the NCAA about it!  NCAA, where is your focus?

Thanks.

You know the answer to this...$$$.

Also, the HB2 garbage was a free PR stunt for the NCAA that didn't cost them a dime just like the NBA.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 02:00:47 pm

Thanks.

Because the people in Chapel Hill have spent $18 million in lawyers fees successfully dragging this out so Roy can win another title.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 02:19:11 pm
Smart move on their part.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #31 on: April 04, 2017, 09:31:19 pm
It is a bit harder to compete when other teams are cheating.  You want us to win more?  Well part of that equation is other teams being held to the same standard as we are.

Aha! We have it folks. The real reason Bobby Lutz and Alan Major didn't succeed was because UNC Chapel Hill was cheating.

You are obviously very young and don't remember Lutz's tenure. Besides the direct impact (a CHeat team with ineligible players put one of our best teams out in the round of 32 after we were mis-seeded to force the matchup), there was constant indirect suppression of our program via local media promotion and preference of CHeat over ours. When you learn that everything they ever did was a sham, while we were losing players like Phil Jones to grades casualties, that is a very bitter pill to swallow, and yes, entirely unfair.

We could have had EJ Drayton for 4 years instead of 2 if we had just invented a fake curriculum for him. I could name some other players, but I don't want to unnecessarily embarrass anyone.

Back to your soapbox.

That my biggest problem.  We are kicking kids out of school for not making grades.  Kids that are good athletes and that matter.

FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos