Author Topic: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FIRE JUDY ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 54349 times)

TRLeader

• Senior
  • When one door closes...open it again. It's a door!
Reply #400 on: December 02, 2017, 05:33:40 pm
Something I've not seen mentioned-

Judy Rose is obsessed with the athletic director and NCAA industry via conferences, committees, speeches etc.  She wants to be a legend amongst her colleagues.  This is a well known fact.

Today's ESPN gameday was seen by 99% of NCAA ADs.  And if they did not see it, they heard.  That's gonna leave a huge mark in terms of legacy she wants so badly to have.

My last email to Phil stressed how much her legacy continues to be destroyed by each additional year she hangs on.  At some point the bad will so far outweigh the good...no one will remember any of the good she has done.  If she has any concern about her legacy...she should leave now.
Niner Nation wanted football...we got football
Niner Nation wanted Judy gone....Judy's gone
Niner Nation wanted the Tarhole sign gone from I85...the sign in gone

Name Change.......YOU'RE NEXT!!!!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #401 on: December 02, 2017, 05:36:03 pm
Darion Clark, Willie Clayton, Brett Netzer, and now Darion Clark all making statements.

Darions is my favorite.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #402 on: December 02, 2017, 05:37:34 pm
Links or screenshots to the former player’s comments please?

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #403 on: December 02, 2017, 05:40:58 pm
Darion Clark, Willie Clayton, Brett Netzer, and now Darion Clark all making statements.

Darions is my favorite.
You have to graduate.  If you don't have a diploma your words are less weight.  I would exclude Netzer as he just left as junior for 500k and will finish

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #404 on: December 02, 2017, 08:05:24 pm

Darions is my favorite.
You have to graduate.  If you don't have a diploma your words are less weight.  I would exclude Netzer as he just left as junior for 500k and will finish

I'd agree less weight but some of these athletes were partially run off because of her.  I'm friends with a soccer player who didn't graduate because she kicked him off the team for something stupid.
Mahna Mahna

Upstate49er

• Sophomore
  • FSL Owner
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/
Reply #405 on: December 02, 2017, 08:29:16 pm
Something I've not seen mentioned-

Judy Rose is obsessed with the athletic director and NCAA industry via conferences, committees, speeches etc.  She wants to be a legend amongst her colleagues.  This is a well known fact.

Today's ESPN gameday was seen by 99% of NCAA ADs.  And if they did not see it, they heard.  That's gonna leave a huge mark in terms of legacy she wants so badly to have.
Legend in regards to what?  How to be completely incompetent and still be an AD?
Charlotte 49ers Football

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #406 on: December 11, 2017, 07:15:05 pm
I brought up Charlotte 49ers sports at our weekly company meeting today and there was some interesting things that I saw and heard. 

1) Many knew about the Fire Judy Rose campaign.  That is working as some saw it on Gameday as well.
2) About half of our sales team are 49er graduates and I don't think any donate.
3) The company owner is a Charlotte College graduate and remembered talking with Bonnie Cone and seeing how excited she was about the University.  I do not believe he is a donor as well, but not sure.
4) All agreed that there is a ton of squandered potential.
5) When I told them of the CHP interview, our guest from Minnesota said "I guess you guys will be looking for a new Chancellor soon." 

People know about the University, the coaches, and the issues, but no one wants to pull for or spend money on a loser.

Halton49

• Walk On
Reply #407 on: December 11, 2017, 09:06:06 pm
I dread going into work after what seems to be embarrassing loss after embarrassing loss because my co-workers always bring it up first thing.  They used to jokingly rub it in, but I think now they just feel sorry for me.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #408 on: December 11, 2017, 09:36:25 pm
clt had our bobble heads on his desk when he was employed.

Much better now.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #409 on: December 12, 2017, 05:49:50 pm
clt had our bobble heads on his desk when he was employed.

Much better now.

^^^^
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #410 on: December 12, 2017, 06:55:23 pm
Keep the heat up on her....I hate to see our bball program implode but if it helps make the case...SO BE IT!

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #411 on: December 13, 2017, 07:10:24 am
A guy at trade show from Louisville had seen tweets of "firejudyrose" and wanted to know what was happening.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #412 on: December 13, 2017, 07:18:48 am
Mark Price was told his 4th year needed to show improvement over his 3rd year or he would be fired... Mark Price is just setting himself up for success next year. Going from 340 rpi to 290 rpi is 50 teams you just hurdled! Extend the man!

Kilometerpete

• Walk On
Reply #413 on: December 13, 2017, 02:27:47 pm
I am a student athlete here and I am sick of the administration taking credit for us doing well. Many Rose supporters have used cross country to show that we are improving and doing well in the conference. Never has she or the chancellor told us we did well it is not until they are under fire do they begin to take credit for us. The assistant ADs have done this and I thank them for that. But my problem with the Department is the lack of structure and goals for the program. I believe that new ideas need to come in. She has been here 27 years and that is a long time I thank her for that, but change is much needed. To go along with that,  chapel hill Phil got us places with all the construction (it truly isn't the same place since '04) but we need new leadership to continue to climb the ladder and be better than other NC universities.

A few thoughts

I grew up down the road in Harrisburg and used to attend many games during the Lutz era. My parents would take my family on school nights to attend games. It was awesome! Now Halton attendance dwindles and the atmosphere and student involvement is a disgrace.

The Charlotte area is hardly recruited for by the revenue sports and the view of it by athletes is not what it should be. People in the Charlotte area still consider it a backup school, this needs to change. The homegrown talent needs to be there. More in state scholarships = more money for other recruits.

The chancellor's interview pissed me off. I was told to manage my expectations. yep cause i expect a team to go 1-11 and be happy. no, goals need to be set. MEASURABLE goals. not be better than the year before! top 3 in the conference. 6 wins at the minimum (i want to drive to watch a bowl game with friends). There comes a point when we need to stop saying "next year, we are a young start up team". That is an excuse and excuses should not be tolerated

For any of this to happen a change needs to be made. at the top and the new person cannot come from within it needs to be someone from somewhere with football, Ms. Rose is learning as she goes along, unacceptable.

TL;DR Rose should be gone for fresh ideas. Need defined goals as a department and as each sport goes. Need to make it clear to fans that winning is important. Get the average student involved i am not paid to think of how, that is their job. My main point is this, as a student athlete I  am saying these things so you have to know I couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

49erDrummer

• Junior
Reply #414 on: December 13, 2017, 02:45:03 pm
kilometerpete, your "First Post" game is STRONG.

Bravo.

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #415 on: December 13, 2017, 02:49:09 pm
I am a student athlete here and I am sick of the administration taking credit for us doing well. Many Rose supporters have used cross country to show that we are improving and doing well in the conference. Never has she or the chancellor told us we did well it is not until they are under fire do they begin to take credit for us. The assistant ADs have done this and I thank them for that. But my problem with the Department is the lack of structure and goals for the program. I believe that new ideas need to come in. She has been here 27 years and that is a long time I thank her for that, but change is much needed. To go along with that,  chapel hill Phil got us places with all the construction (it truly isn't the same place since '04) but we need new leadership to continue to climb the ladder and be better than other NC universities.

A few thoughts

I grew up down the road in Harrisburg and used to attend many games during the Lutz era. My parents would take my family on school nights to attend games. It was awesome! Now Halton attendance dwindles and the atmosphere and student involvement is a disgrace.

The Charlotte area is hardly recruited for by the revenue sports and the view of it by athletes is not what it should be. People in the Charlotte area still consider it a backup school, this needs to change. The homegrown talent needs to be there. More in state scholarships = more money for other recruits.

The chancellor's interview pissed me off. I was told to manage my expectations. yep cause i expect a team to go 1-11 and be happy. no, goals need to be set. MEASURABLE goals. not be better than the year before! top 3 in the conference. 6 wins at the minimum (i want to drive to watch a bowl game with friends). There comes a point when we need to stop saying "next year, we are a young start up team". That is an excuse and excuses should not be tolerated

For any of this to happen a change needs to be made. at the top and the new person cannot come from within it needs to be someone from somewhere with football, Ms. Rose is learning as she goes along, unacceptable.

TL;DR Rose should be gone for fresh ideas. Need defined goals as a department and as each sport goes. Need to make it clear to fans that winning is important. Get the average student involved i am not paid to think of how, that is their job. My main point is this, as a student athlete I  am saying these things so you have to know I couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

You and any other student athletes that share your same view need to stand up and let your voices be heard! It's hard seeing student athletes feeling the same way as the fan base/alumni. Crushes the soul even more...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:51:51 pm by ProudNiner13 »
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

Kilometerpete

• Walk On
Reply #416 on: December 13, 2017, 02:56:50 pm

A few thoughts

You and any other student athletes that share your same view need to stand up and let your voices be heard! It's hard seeing student athletes feeling the same way as the fan base/alumni. Crushes the soul even more...

how? cause everyone seems to think it is treasonous. It is also tough to be vocal because many runners in the state follow me so i don't want to make it seem like Charlotte is in bad shape to possible future recruits, but i want to send a message. 

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #417 on: December 13, 2017, 02:59:17 pm

Bravo.

Agreed. Appreciate the insight.

The view from the inside is the same as the outside it seems.

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #418 on: December 13, 2017, 03:07:40 pm

Bravo.
Pete
Overused by now but .....

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #419 on: December 13, 2017, 03:08:27 pm

A few thoughts

how? cause everyone seems to think it is treasonous. It is also tough to be vocal because many runners in the state follow me so i don't want to make it seem like Charlotte is in bad shape to possible future recruits, but i want to send a message.

Wish I could tell you as I was never a student athlete in college. I'm sure there are others on this board that can give you more insight on this and if it is even a possibility. I get where you are coming from though when it comes to recruits considering our school to attend for athletics. I know we had some alumni student athletes letting their voice be heard on social media, but again they are alumni. I'm sure there is someway for you all to show your distaste for the current regime in our AD. If you can find a way, I'm sure this board would love to know.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:43:34 pm by ProudNiner13 »
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #420 on: December 13, 2017, 03:33:22 pm

A few thoughts

KiloPete,

I'm sure this is going to get you reprimanded by Judy and the crew.  Stand your ground, and go with your convictions.  Don't shy up.  If they mess with you over this, we have lawyers.  If you go public, all of ninernation will have your back. 

Thank you for speaking up.  It takes HUGE cahones to do what you are doing. 

chidave

• Junior
Reply #421 on: December 13, 2017, 04:08:40 pm
Great first post!

brinsone

• Walk On
Reply #422 on: December 13, 2017, 04:19:59 pm

A few thoughts

KiloPete,

I'm sure this is going to get you reprimanded by Judy and the crew.  Stand your ground, and go with your convictions.  Don't shy up.  If they mess with you over this, we have lawyers.  If you go public, all of ninernation will have your back. 

Thank you for speaking up.  It takes HUGE cahones to do what you are doing.

Absolutely.  I would rather contribute toward a defense fund if it came to this, than funding Rose-regime.

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #423 on: December 13, 2017, 04:43:37 pm

A few thoughts

Kudos to you for speaking out.  I agree that all student athletes that feel the way you do are in a difficult position.  I wish there were a way that we could figure out what percentage of student athletes feel the same way without cluing in on who they are. 

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #424 on: December 13, 2017, 05:26:17 pm
clt says kilo is the poster of the week.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos