Author Topic: Staff members not around next year?  (Read 2161 times)

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 02:49:22 pm
All, believe what you wish.  Lambert isn't going anywhere.  The radio thing was made up for a laugh  :)), but I know and you guys know the truth.  The fact that you even thought it may be true shows.  This is not a results driven AD.  It is all about how she looks to her people.  And when I say her people I don't mean those of us on this board.  It is the old fashioned southern way.

For example, my mother never asked if I ever had my homework done.  One day the teacher called and complained about it.  I got a big time whoopin from my mother.  Now did my mother whip me because I didn't do my homework or did she whip me because she was embarrassed when the teacher called home. 

It is the same thing here.  Lambert will not suffer any consequences for his performance until Judy gets the embarrassing call.  That call comes from her whales.  Once you understand the old ways you will know Lambert is here for a while longer.

One more note.  How pleased do you think Judy is with the scheduling?  Lot of big teams paying big money on those lists.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 03:23:52 pm
She didn't use a search firm to hire Price.

Price was brought to her and pushed by a whale.

Correct......as I posted, not by a search firm

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 04:46:36 pm
If Lambert is relieved of his duties and Judy stays on:

I don't want Judy making the decision.
I don't want Phil making the decision.
I want a search committee hired and we go with their choice.
My only criteria for the search committee is it can't be an agency that has a conflict of interest with who they recommend (e.g. the search firm that said for Pittsburgh to hire Kevin Stallings).

THIS!! The fact that our own AD can't be trusted to do the main part of her job (i.e. hiring a coach), and she had to use a search firm to hire Price (once again, not doing her job) is beyond comprehension. This is a big f***ing joke. So because of her incompetence, we have to spend more money, while she is still earning her overpriced salary, to hire someone to do her job? In that case, let's just not have an Athletic Director. Put the money towards hiring firms and scholarships for students.

I remember us using a search firm to hire a coach. Who was that then? I thought it was Price.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #53 on: November 15, 2017, 04:59:25 pm

My only criteria for the search committee is it can't be an agency that has a conflict of interest with who they recommend (e.g. the search firm that said for Pittsburgh to hire Kevin Stallings).

THIS!! The fact that our own AD can't be trusted to do the main part of her job (i.e. hiring a coach), and she had to use a search firm to hire Price (once again, not doing her job) is beyond comprehension. This is a big f***ing joke. So because of her incompetence, we have to spend more money, while she is still earning her overpriced salary, to hire someone to do her job? In that case, let's just not have an Athletic Director. Put the money towards hiring firms and scholarships for students.

I remember us using a search firm to hire a coach. Who was that then? I thought it was Price.
Major came to us through Villa 7.  It is not a search firm, but an organization that helps prepare young up and coming coaches to interview for jobs.  It started at VCU, but Nike now sponsors it.  I don't think they charge the school anything, and it probably should be one place we look for talent.
#unc-CHeatingPays

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 05:47:00 pm

Major came to us through Villa 7.  It is not a search firm, but an organization that helps prepare young up and coming coaches to interview for jobs.  It started at VCU, but Nike now sponsors it.  I don't think they charge the school anything, and it probably should be one place we look for talent.

1 - Villa 7 is basketball only
2 - we shouldn't look to any group whose goal is to just get their members jobs.  They worked Judy and helped convince her Alan was ready for the job when clearly he wasn't.
3 - we need a real search firm who is working for us not the candidates.
4 - Judy loves to brag how she does things on her own and her way - how's that working out?
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos