Author Topic: Southern Miss pregame  (Read 1204 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:23:45 pm
USM favored -17

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 09:44:11 pm
BR prediction:
Charlotte (1-9) at Southern Miss (6-4), 3 p.m. ET

Last Meeting: Charlotte beat Southern Miss 38-27 last November

There are some one-win teams that aren't half bad, and teams that could have .500 records with a little better luck. And then there's Charlotte, which has been held to seven points or fewer in 50 percent of its games. There's a good chance Southern Miss will pass for more yards than the total number of yards Charlotte will accumulate in this one.

Prediction: Southern Miss 35, Charlotte 12
Bleacherreport.com: College Football Picks: Week 12 Predictions for Every Game

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:50:14 pm
12? Well, our FG kicking does blow.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:11:37 am
12? Well, our FG kicking does blow.

clt says they are assuming one field goal and 3 safeties.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 06:26:28 am
I think we'll topple expectations and get shut out for the third time this year.

Southern Miss 63
Charlotte 0

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 08:18:43 pm
Cyrus Smith's prediction:
Charlotte at Southern Miss (Southern Miss -17, 3:00 PM ET, CUSA TV)

The Golden Eagles were embarrassed at home by Charlotte last year. I think they pour it on the 49ers to make amends for it.

Southern Miss 48 Charlotte 7
Underdogdynasty.com: Choosing C-USA: The Shula Bowl takes center stage

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 08:36:11 pm
From Southern Miss beatwriter Pat Magee of the Sun Herald of Biloxi:
Southern Miss will likely be without its main run stuffer in the middle in the first half. Redshirt senior defensive tackle Draper Riley is expected to sit the first two quarters after being ejected in the second half at Rice last week. The 6-foot-4, 305-pound lineman has 28 tackles this season.
Sunherald.com: Southern Miss looks to avoid repeat of disastrous loss vs. Charlotte

BTW, like the Observer, the Sun Herald is a McClatchy newspaper, so I expect to see Magee's byline in Sunday's Big O.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:46:26 pm by Run49er »

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 08:46:40 pm
Brad Lambert could make a statement that neither him nor the kids have checked out. He could save his job with a win at USM.  Because next week FAU will step on our throat.

Personally, listening to his press conf this week, he looks on auto pilot.  Make an appearance, collect next paycheck.

If he is checked out this gets ugly.  40 point loss.  At least last week they had 13 days of being a winner to help feel good. 
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Run49er

• Chancellor

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 10:58:49 pm
CHARLOTTE (1-9, 1-5 Conference USA) at SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI (6-4, 4-2)

M.M. Roberts Stadium, Hattiesburg, Miss., 3 p.m.

The 49ers have outscored their past five opponents 42-34 after halftime but have put themselves in an early hole most weeks. Southern Miss remains in the chase for the Western Division title. QB Kwandra Griggs threw for 331 yards last week against Rice.
Charlotteobserver.com: College football: Saturday’s 11 area games to watch

Not sure where Steve Lyttle gets his info. First he didn't know Oklahoma State hoopster Jeffrey Carroll had been suspended (FWIW, he's been reinstated and will play Monday vs Texas A&M) and now he doesn't know that North Texas has already won the C-USA West Division in football. Hmm...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:03:57 pm by Run49er »

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 11:04:08 pm

_BL_Niner

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 09:28:33 am
Anybody notice last weeks postgame presser?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=We-CGGAEwJ8

For the first time that I can recall, Lambert was clearly mad and seemed to get irritated with some of the media’s questions . I think he’s finally starting to feel some heat.

Unfortunately he will still be our coach next year, but hopefully there will be an overhaul on the offensive coaching staff. WE NEED A NEW OFFENSIVE SCHEME BAD!

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 09:46:12 am

For the first time that I can recall, Lambert was clearly mad and seemed to get irritated with some of the media’s questions . I think he’s finally starting to feel some heat.

Unfortunately he will still be our coach next year, but hopefully there will be an overhaul on the offensive coaching staff. WE NEED A NEW OFFENSIVE SCHEME BAD!

Why do you say he will be coach next year?

_BL_Niner

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 10:34:33 am

Because Judy would never buyout the last 2 years of his contract. That $1.2 million could go a long way toward our women’s golf team...

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 01:06:51 pm

Because Judy would never buyout the last 2 years of his contract. That $1.2 million could go a long way toward our women’s golf team...

Bingo!  Have heard it from several connected folks that we do not have enough people giving to buy him out.  Don't shoot the messenger.  While I still give, I see that fund raising issue as 90 percent the AD's fault.  10 percent our disengaged alumni base.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 01:30:34 pm

we need a new head coach. Lambert is a big part of the problem and any coach he hired is 1) going to have to run a system Lambert likes and 2) fit the mold of a guy like Lambert, meaning another loser.

Lambert is a loser and losers lose.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 02:50:12 pm

Bingo!  Have heard it from several connected folks that we do not have enough people giving to buy him out.  Don't shoot the messenger.  While I still give, I see that fund raising issue as 90 percent the AD's fault.  10 percent our disengaged alumni base.

I would expect that if she wants to let him go she has to go to some big donors to buy him out.  We don't have enough people giving to have coffers built up, but a few donors could easily cover the buy if she asked and they agreed. 

Now we can discuss if that is something that she would actually do. 

I expect him back next year with some staff changes honestly. 
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 04:31:30 pm

I would expect that if she wants to let him go she has to go to some big donors to buy him out.  We don't have enough people giving to have coffers built up, but a few donors could easily cover the buy if she asked and they agreed. 

no coach worth their salary will join our staff.  Lambert has 2 years left on his contract with a virtual guarantee he isn't retained. 

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 06:10:08 pm

no coach worth their salary will join our staff.  Lambert has 2 years left on his contract with a virtual guarantee he isn't retained.

Judging from today's performance, maybe Lambert has quit..........already.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 10:39:49 pm

Yeah but happens all the time as a last ditch effort for a HC to change before getting canned.  There is always that guy willkng to take the job to get experience and job on resume. Maybe - probably - it doesn't work out, but they picked up the experience.   
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos