Author Topic: Southern Miss postgame  (Read 1815 times)

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
on: November 18, 2017, 05:19:32 pm
At least we scored a touchdown. Another Lambert team showing.

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:22:37 pm

this skit pretty much describes how I'm feeling about the product judy and friends have put together.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 06:01:41 pm
Our QB situation is terrible.

Klugh has thrown 14 TD's this season.  5 of those or 36% was INT's for the other team.  When Klugh has thrown an interception this season, 38% of the time they were returned for touchdowns.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 06:04:35 pm

Klugh has thrown 14 TD's this season.  5 of those or 36% was INT's for the other team.  When Klugh has thrown an interception this season, 38% of the time they were returned for touchdowns.

Awesome stats!!

The only thing more depressing than that...is we obviously do not have any better option on the bench to put on the field!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 06:20:21 pm

Awesome stats!!

The only thing more depressing than that...is we obviously do not have any better option on the bench to put on the field!

or lack the ability to develop other options. 
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 06:28:31 pm
Th only positive that I can find is that Arthur should be all conference.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 07:19:49 pm
clt provides notes

Second half nap was great
We are a punter factory
Riley could help us, maybe he will reconsider?

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 09:51:20 pm
Terrible. I feel bad for people who bought FSL and season tickets. Tailgating I understand is a great time but money spent for the product on the field has so much negative ROI it's sad.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:59:41 pm by cibik02 »

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 09:53:46 pm
clt is conferenced that we are starting to lose fsl folks.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 01:28:18 am
The Positive

- At least Lambert is making the decision easy

The Negative

- Judy Rose is still the AD so nothing is easy

I expected a loss and thought we might get beat bad, but giving up 60+ to a middle of the pack team in the conference is unacceptable. We are a dumpster fire.

Riley today 21-27 (330)  yards (2-1) scored 66 against a SMU team that is comparable to USM.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:32:49 am by chidave »

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 11:52:24 am
Wish we had left Brad in Hattiesburg. What a pathetic performance, wouldn't shock me if the team quit on him today.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 12:51:58 pm
The Positive

The Negative

I expected a loss and thought we might get beat bad, but giving up 60+ to a middle of the pack team in the conference is unacceptable. We are a dumpster fire.

Riley today 21-27 (330)  yards (2-1) scored 66 against a SMU team that is comparable to USM.

I still don't believe Riley wanted to come here. Show me SOLID evidence and I'll believe it.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:16 pm
The Positive

The Negative

I still don't believe Riley wanted to come here. Show me SOLID evidence and I'll believe it.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article20583906.html

"When Ferguson returned home, he said he tried to reach out to the Charlotte 49ers. He said that was the only place he wanted to go. The 49ers, he said, didn’t appear interested.[/size]Charlotte 49ers coach Brad Lambert declined to comment, citing NCAA rules."

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 01:11:45 pm
The Positive

The Negative

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/ut/2016/08/26/riley-ferguson-tennessee-vol-fence-builder-memphis-qb/89441796/

So Ferguson returned home to Charlotte, and waited for other colleges to call, other offers to roll in.

But nothing happened. No colleges called. No other offers rolled in.

“I thought once I was home people would try to start contacting me, and that wasn’t the case,” Ferguson said. “No one called. I tried to talk to UNC Charlotte to see if they wanted me, but I guess they were settled with the quarterbacks that they had.”

Understand, Ferguson had been offered by LSU and Michigan before picking Tennessee. Now he couldn’t get a scholarship at UNC Charlotte?

“I didn’t have any choice,” Ferguson said. “I had to make some money. I went out and got a job.”

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 02:17:06 pm
in defense of Lambert.  seriously doubt be was alllwed to sign him.  gotta be an eagle scout post Olsen
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 02:22:43 pm
Riley was before Olsen.

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 12:50:23 am
I am really good friends with Riley's aunt. According to her he really wanted to be here.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 06:59:06 am
in defense of Lambert.  seriously doubt be was alllwed to sign him.....

This explanation is what I would wager money on.  I've always assumed Judy and Phil said NO to Riley. 

I think Olsen was the exception to their RULE (and yes, RULE needs to be interpreted as both a noun and a verb).
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 07:07:08 am
I don't think Olsen ever comes here without the Big Cat connection.  I don't think he told we he to take him, I think it was just a request. 
Mahna Mahna

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 09:13:19 am
clt enjoyed the riley era.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 10:33:58 am
in defense of Lambert.  seriously doubt be was alllwed to sign him.....

This explanation is what I would wager money on.  I've always assumed Judy and Phil said NO to Riley. 

I think Olsen was the exception to their RULE (and yes, RULE needs to be interpreted as both a noun and a verb).
Keep in mind over40, the Memphis QB (currently ranked top 20 BCS) might of brought success.  Damnit you know we can't have that at uncc
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 11:32:35 am
The Positive

The Negative

"When Ferguson returned home, he said he tried to reach out to the Charlotte 49ers. He said that was the only place he wanted to go. The 49ers, he said, didn’t appear interested.Charlotte 49ers coach Brad Lambert declined to comment, citing NCAA rules."

OK, there's that. I still don't believe he would have come here. When he referenced his "reaching out", I think he was in a funk and desperate. He would have looked at other bigger places and never come here in the end anyway. Also, he would NOT have the same offense surrounding him here he would elsewhere and has at memphis, etc. So even if he came here, I don't think he would have been as successful as he's been at memphis. Just freaking sad all around for us. As usual.
As for Olsen, he was given a pass for his brother/Panthers/Richardson connection. What a debacle, after most of us here thought we were getting a blue chipper. As usual, NINER luck is nothing but fool's gold.  :-[     
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

rt1923

• Walk On
Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 11:46:44 am
The Positive

The Negative

"When Ferguson returned home, he said he tried to reach out to the Charlotte 49ers. He said that was the only place he wanted to go. The 49ers, he said, didn’t appear interested.Charlotte 49ers coach Brad Lambert declined to comment, citing NCAA rules."

OK, there's that. I still don't believe he would have come here. When he referenced his "reaching out", I think he was in a funk and desperate. He would have looked at other bigger places and never come here in the end anyway. Also, he would NOT have the same offense surrounding him here he would elsewhere and has at memphis, etc. So even if he came here, I don't think he would have been as successful as he's been at memphis. Just freaking sad all around for us. As usual.
As for Olsen, he was given a pass for his brother/Panthers/Richardson connection. What a debacle, after most of us here thought we were getting a blue chipper. As usual, NINER luck is nothing but fool's gold.  :-[   

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/05/13/backfire-effect-mcraney/

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 01:38:09 pm
The Positive

The Negative

He was tweeting pics of him completing passes to teammates that were receivers here.  I think he was all on board with coming here. 
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

chidave

• Junior
Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 02:32:14 pm
There's also an interview he had with 610 if I remember correctly where he said that as well. He was a HS teammate of Uriah Lemay (who was in the process of transferring)and his brother was on the team at the time. I 100% put this one on Lambert. While I don't have any inside information Butch Jones was not happy when he left (saw this several places as he was competing for the starting job at UT) and is well known for threatening and badmouthing players that wanted to transfer out.

Barden was a 3* recruit and Johnson seemed to be improving (remember this was 2015) and maybe we thought we had our QB? We took Olsen because the mistake was recognized in letting a once in a generation player slip through our grasp. Olsen had much more baggage than Riley as a transfer.

It could have changed everything, but here we are.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/ut/2016/08/26/riley-ferguson-tennessee-vol-fence-builder-memphis-qb/89441796/

I thought once I was home people would try to start contacting me, and that wasn’t the case,” Ferguson said. “No one called. I tried to talk to UNC Charlotte to see if they wanted me, but I guess they were settled with the quarterbacks that they had.”

Understand, Ferguson had been offered by LSU and Michigan before picking Tennessee. Now he couldn’t get a scholarship at UNC Charlotte?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:38:35 pm by chidave »

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos