Author Topic: CoC Postgame  (Read 2310 times)

cibik02

• Head Coach
on: November 18, 2017, 09:22:16 pm
Lost 72-81 but we were really out of it for 35 min. We were down by ~20 at one point.

Offense started terrible, Davis had the teams only 2 baskets, 5 points, in the first 6 minutes.

Good game by Garvin and White. Supica looked pretty good out there and I think needs more minutes.

Davis had 16 points but imo, another bad game by him. He has a long way to go before nba would be an option. At this point id say that discussion should stop. It's only a few games in but he isn't the Davis of last so far.

Hudson Price, 0 points in 29 minutes. 0-4 shooting. That has to change if we are going to win. That's a lot of minutes with no points.

Haslem with not even a shot attempt. It seemed there was once again a lot of one on one driving to the basket and not a lot of passes. There needs to be more kick-outs to the open guys once the defense collapses. I don't know why guys aren't passing. Players getting swatted going up against 2 or 3 guys.

Bad turnovers.

Funny moment, Supica loses shoe on offensive end just running. The ball goes to CoC and Supica picks up his shoe and runs under the basket where his guy is about to shoot. Instead of throwing his shoe off the court, he just drops it to be stepped on by everyone. Pretty funny.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400990568
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:53:06 pm by cibik02 »

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:30:06 pm
I may have my head in the sand but I saw a few encouraging things in this game.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:31:36 pm
I think Davis has been reading his press clippings over the summer.  He tried to go 1 on 5 several times and forgot to pass the ball.  He was schooled tonight by the other guards.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:32:42 pm
I may have my head in the sand but I saw a few encouraging things in this game.
[/quote

There were a few. I really like garvins offensive development and I really think the Serbs are talented and smart. I don't have energy to,type the negatives.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:46:11 pm
clt says we lost to Charleston in haltron and people are looking for postives?

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:49:01 pm
0-2.  At least they competed more.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

NinerT

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:56:09 pm
Najee was a big positive tonight. I thought the team fought hard in 2nd half. In order for Davis to be effective this year, guys are gonna have to make shots in order to relieve some of the pressure. Teams are game planning to stop him. We ask a lot from him being the only primary ball handler we have. White was good aside from the 7 turnovers. We need more offense out of our wings. I'm liking the Supica kid

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 09:56:28 pm
I see we are pretending Charleston hasnít been a significantly better program than us for the last 5 years.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 09:59:30 pm
Judy wasn't there tonight.  Was she at the Southern Miss game making notes for the upcoming year-end review?
#unc-CHeatingPays

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 10:03:11 pm
I see we are pretending Charleston hasnít been a significantly better program than us for the last 5 years.

clt says that is sad, but likely true.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 10:08:18 pm
0-2 to start the year is no fun. Coach price needs to adjust the lineup and minutes some to try and get more offense.

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 10:13:52 pm
I'm ok with it at this point.  Charleston is a seasoned team with three seniors.  They have had recent success and expected to have a good season again.  We have seven new players to blend into the rotation (well, most of the 7).  JD needs to get his team playing together instead reverting back to carrying the team on his shoulders early in the game.  Defense needs the most attention.  On to Presby and hopefully improvement.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 10:21:39 pm
0-2 to start the year is no fun. Coach price needs to adjust the lineup and minutes some to try and get more offense.
Bury Haslem on the bench.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 10:32:38 pm
We got worse over the offseason.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:06 pm
As my son said..."Haslem should only get minutes as an enforcer. Hudson Price should come off bench and get no more than 12-15 minutes....The Serbs have much to like....

Ajukwe should play for App. St. or be our 9th man.

Price disappoints me a lot as an ingame coach...Why do we NEVER PRESS UNLESS THE GAME IS VIRTUALLY OVER!.Try something different coach...maybe we'd get an easy basket or 2.

I'd like to know who scouted Haslem...or did they just look at his physique and assume he'd be good?

I have such hatred for our A.D. that it makes me physically ill...26 frigging years...disgusting.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 01:39:38 am
We lost by 9 but the game wasnít that close. It didnít feel like we had a shot after the first TV timeout. Unfortunately at this point I donít  think Presbyterian is a gimme. Hope we can get the W Monday.

Rough sports day.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 05:54:25 am
Judy wasn't there tonight.  Was she at the Southern Miss game making notes for the upcoming year-end review?

My guess is she was at the women's game, if they had one.  I'm serious. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 07:13:58 am
Ajukwe is an absolute liability when he is on the floor.  He has no offense and his defense is letting people blow by him.  Davis forgot how to be a point guard.  White plays hard, but gets a little bit out of control.  He is our best player right now.  The best 5 on the floor would be Davis, White, Vasic, Garvin, and Supica.  I thought Price played ok despite his lack of scoring.  He was ok on defense.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 07:25:52 am

WBB won at UNCA yesterday. Mission accomplished! Although womenís sports are the priority. I bet Judy was at Southern Miss yesterday sitting in a nice suite enjoying the spoils of being an AD and traveling on the student fees dime. Iím pretty sure she travels to most of the football road games especially if the are in nice areas. She has a lucrative job in many ways and that is why I donít think sheíll leave anytime soon.

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 07:33:55 am
This staff can't coach or recruit. I thought Price would be better than what he has shown.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 10:40:50 am

WBB won at UNCA yesterday. Mission accomplished.......

So regardless of where she was, she will consider the weekend a successful one.  I can't wait to hear her interviewed again and hear her brag about our WBB win.

Apologies for getting off topic.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:43:40 am by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 11:32:45 am
i will say this on a positive note. as an x and o's coach, not sold on price but i like a lot of these guys he brought in. garvin, you can tell, has really worked on his offensive game i really like the serbs, both have talent and a lot of upside. vasic is the best defensive player we have had in a while. if we had five of him on defense, we would be all right. both of the serbs need to be starting. i beleive we have enough talent to be very good with good coaching, but not very good with bad coaching. i really do not believe that talent is the issue. guys need to hit wide open shots. too mich standing around on offense. haslem kept helping at the top of the key when the guy would look to penetrate, and it lead to wide open threes.

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 02:33:53 pm
"...The 49ers could not overcome the early deficit."

Seems to be the Niners storyline.  That's lack of preparation IMHO.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 05:52:34 pm
clt says price doesnít need to start anymore.

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 06:56:01 pm
Hudson Price plays 29 minutes...enough said.

He should be an 8 to 10 minutes a game player, if that

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos